What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the perfect antidote to all the week's news, last night we watched Hepburn, Grant, and Stewart in The Philadelphia Story.

Tracy Lord: I'm going crazy. I'm standing here solidly on my own two hands and going crazy.

Watching 2 cars back into each other and then pull back... Catching a bike pedal that was on the rack on the back of the little Prius rip the bumper off the back of the shiny newish looking BMW, and cringing for the tense arguing that would typically follow... Then watching the guys just get out and have a hearty laugh about it exchange info, shake hands, and then leave.

It's nice when humans are reasonable AND entertaining. :)

R.I.P. Richie Havens - 1983...we drank elbow-to-elbow at Siddhartha's in Lewiston, Maine after one sweat-soaked jam session! Salute!
:cool:

Going to an American Food shop. I have now tried Moon Pie and I have no idea why anyone would do that to themselves.

Now on the list of things to try....Fruit Loops, Suger Daddy lollies, peanut butter and jelly, twinkies, peace tea and all sorts of weird and wonderful sauces.

R.I.P. Richie Havens - 1983...we drank elbow-to-elbow at Siddhartha's in Lewiston, Maine after one sweat-soaked jam session! Salute!
:cool:

When were you in Lewiston? I have way, way too many stories of misspent times in Lewiston. Richie was the headliner for a campus event one year, not too long after Woodstock, in fact. He was incredible.

Going to an American Food shop. I have now tried Moon Pie and I have no idea why anyone would do that to themselves.

Now on the list of things to try....Fruit Loops, Suger Daddy lollies, peanut butter and jelly, twinkies, peace tea and all sorts of weird and wonderful sauces.

Unless you have a death wish, I suggest dropping the Twinkies off your list. ;) The Sugar Daddies are pretty so-so from my experience but Froot Loops (have to get the spelling right) were a staple in my youth. Eating FL every day is how I got through of college.

OK, just FYI, none of the things on that list are good. OK, maybe the tea. I've never heard of peace tea, which is strange, living where I do. As for the Twinkie, hang onto that! They aren't being made anymore so you actually could sell that sucker on Ebay!

Moon Pies are an acquired taste, I think. I like the banana ones.

I don't know what peace tea is, but the rest of the stuff is good when you happen to be in the mood for it. :)

Froot Loops, yes. But do NOT eat them as a breakfast cereal with milk; just pour them in a bowl and snack on them dry. Sugar Daddies (or Sugar Babies), yes, if you like caramels. Peanut butter & jelly, yes, but only on white bread, none of that healthy wheat shit. Twinkies, no, unless you *like* the thought of being preserved from the inside out. No clue on peace tea since I don't drink tea. Sauces can be good, bad or indifferent, depending on what they are and what they're served on/with.

As for the Twinkies, yeah, maybe buy a couple and store them just in case they don't start making them again, which they probably will. Too many West Vir-Fuckin'-ginians, Alabamans, Mississippians and Tennesseans left in the world ;)

Banana Moon Pies, even vanilla Moon Pies, are good. The chocolate ones, meh. But they *are,* as Bunny said, an acquired taste - best with RC Cola or really really really cold milk.

Unless you have a death wish, I suggest dropping the Twinkies off your list. ;) The Sugar Daddies are pretty so-so from my experience but Froot Loops (have to get the spelling right) were a staple in my youth. Eating FL every day is how I got through of college.

I do have to try one though just to say I have hence the strange list. The Sugar Daddies was just because the name of them made me laugh. Not sure about actually eating the Froot Loops but the box looks cool and having things in ounces instead of grams is cute.

OK, just FYI, none of the things on that list are good. OK, maybe the tea. I've never heard of peace tea, which is strange, living where I do. As for the Twinkie, hang onto that! They aren't being made anymore so you actually could sell that sucker on Ebay!

Yeah, they all looked terrible but it was more of a we can't buy that sort of stuff at normal shops here so I got a bit overexcited while looking around :)

There were alot of strange cans of drink I have not seem before. The peace tea was in a tie died style can with a huge peace sign on it.

I should do that, they had a couple of big boxes there. Apparently those things don't go off so I could wait a couple of years of so :)

Moon Pies are an acquired taste, I think. I like the banana ones.

I don't know what peace tea is, but the rest of the stuff is good when you happen to be in the mood for it. :)

Thanks Bunny, I will go back and ask if they can get banana ones in so I can try those. It's funny because I hear references in movies to foods that are not available here so was quite cool to actually see them.

Froot Loops, yes. But do NOT eat them as a breakfast cereal with milk; just pour them in a bowl and snack on them dry. Sugar Daddies (or Sugar Babies), yes, if you like caramels. Peanut butter & jelly, yes, but only on white bread, none of that healthy wheat shit. Twinkies, no, unless you *like* the thought of being preserved from the inside out. No clue on peace tea since I don't drink tea. Sauces can be good, bad or indifferent, depending on what they are and what they're served on/with.

As for the Twinkies, yeah, maybe buy a couple and store them just in case they don't start making them again, which they probably will. Too many West Vir-Fuckin'-ginians, Alabamans, Mississippians and Tennesseans left in the world ;)

Banana Moon Pies, even vanilla Moon Pies, are good. The chocolate ones, meh. But they *are,* as Bunny said, an acquired taste - best with RC Cola or really really really cold milk.

Thanks for the tip Sir W, I shall keep that in mind when I am feeling brave :).

Finding a decent sauce with a bite to it is nigh on impossible here so I have a range of spicy ones as well as hickory ones and ranch dressings. Guess I am going to have to brave the kitchen again.

This one was a chocolate one. I did get some American coke as well to try it as it apparently taste different to ours.

It's quite funny really, even the packaging on things like chewing gum and Doritos is different to what we have here. OK small things amuse small minds :rolleyes:

When were you in Lewiston? I have way, way too many stories of misspent times in Lewiston. Richie was the headliner for a campus event one year, not too long after Woodstock, in fact. He was incredible.

At the time, I was working with a traveling carnival, and the guy who I worked for owned the bar. We (about 8 of us vagabonds) all pulled into town late that night, and went straight to the bar where Richie was playing! It was an inspiring night, to say the least!

I then went on to live in that area for 11 years.

^^seasoned New Englander^^

What makes me smile/laugh so early (pre-8 a.m. my time) today?

The wit and wisdom of so many of my friends here. Y'all give me hope for the human race, often on days when I've nearly *lost* all hope for it because of the repeated stupidities I see and hear nearly everywhere I go. Thank you. :heart: :heart: :heart:

DO NOT BITE SUGAR DADDIES

Going through the "Mysteries" section of the regional library's available e-books to download and read during my downtimes and waiting times, I found a

SPONGE BOB book. :eek:

With the help of a friend, I have discovered the Stephen Fry quiz show called Quite Interesting. I fear it may become an addiction second only to my cravings for bread pudding and bad puns. Here is a sample, the first ten minutes of the very first show. and if you, too, find this addictingly funny don't blame me. You. Were. Warned.

Ahhhh....green grass, budding trees, leaves, and blooms!!!

Ahhhh...choooo!!!

Spring must be here!
:D

tumblr_mll1yvy8VY1s6nzhwo1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back