Any hardcore Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire fans?

There is a site,

Project Freetv.

Just type that into google along with game of thrones and you can stream the newest episode.

I don't have tv, so that's what I've been doing this whole time.

Or I could watch it on HBO On Demand ;)

I have a feeling that many people will leave some dissatisfied comments about the last episode. All I can say is get ready.

When the camera left Sansa's room for whatever it cut to, I almost screamed, "No! Go back! Go back!"

Ros!

No!

Not Ros!

:(

This section of the book was the only section where I really stop sympathizing with Sansa. I know that it's horrible that she doesn't get to marry Big Gay Loras, but at the same time, Tyrion's a nice guy.

I guess she doesn't know that, she hasn't been in his head for the last two and a half books.

I want Khaleesi to get some goddamn screentime. If there are no dragons in next week's episode, I'm gonna riot.

i remember in the books the Highgarden folks wanted Sansa to marry some unseen cripple son who was the heir? Because Loras was already a member of the Kingsguard and so off the table. Interesting the way they are changing that, making it a threat to make Loras a member of the Kingsguard, and making Cersei marry him. I wonder how that will play out ...

I know I felt the same way. I'm reading the book yelling at Sansa to give Tyrion a chance. But she had been so scarred by the Lannisters at that point, how could she ever trust one of them? Still, I wish she had a little bit of a backbone. We'll have to see how they work that in the show.

Yeah they've changed little bits like that here and there, but I guess it just makes things easier for the readers. I was pointing out the same thing about loras, but I sorta realized how confusing it would be in the hour that they have to try to explain the cripple guy and all. There's so much already to keep up with that I think it wouldn't work in the show, what with the time constraints for each character and all.

But I'm with you, I wanna see how the Cersei and Loras betrothal pans out.

Another small change was that the red priestess didn't go after Gendry in the book, it was another baratheon bastard that they were holding at Storm's End. But likewise I'm interested in where that's going seeing as how Gendry is a lot of people's favorite.

I was so upset when Tyrion was about to tell Sasna and then it cut to another scene... "Go back! Go back I say! Back!!! back..."

Yeah they've changed little bits like that here and there, but I guess it just makes things easier for the readers. I was pointing out the same thing about loras, but I sorta realized how confusing it would be in the hour that they have to try to explain the cripple guy and all. There's so much already to keep up with that I think it wouldn't work in the show, what with the time constraints for each character and all.

But I'm with you, I wanna see how the Cersei and Loras betrothal pans out.

Another small change was that the red priestess didn't go after Gendry in the book, it was another baratheon bastard that they were holding at Storm's End. But likewise I'm interested in where that's going seeing as how Gendry is a lot of people's favorite.

What little that they do cut (the baratheon bastard, wilhelm Tyrel, the harrinhaal bandits) is all so they can make things a little easier and faster.

What little that they do cut (the baratheon bastard, wilhelm Tyrel, the harrinhaal bandits) is all so they can make things a little easier and faster.

Definitely. It's necessary. And it's nice to not know EVERYTHING that is going to happen. It makes total sense. I too, wonder about the Gendry thing. It's not looking good for him right now! But at least by the 4th book (as far as I've gotten) Melisandre had not managed to get her hands on that little Baratheon bastard, right?

I wonder how much of Arya's story they are going to tell. She really got around in the 1st three books...

I'm concerned how they'll do the next season. I know that's thinking ahead and all, but for those of you that read the books, you know A Feast for Crows was a LOT different. It'll be a big monkey wrench for the viewers just like it was for readers, I think. It kinda has me wondering.

I'm concerned how they'll do the next season. I know that's thinking ahead and all, but for those of you that read the books, you know A Feast for Crows was a LOT different. It'll be a big monkey wrench for the viewers just like it was for readers, I think. It kinda has me wondering.

So far the show has done a very good job of 'picture is worth a thousand words'.

They've been able to cover plot events that take chapters and chapters in the books. I think they can make it work.

Next season will be much like this season. They are doing "A Storm of Swords" over two seasons. "A Feast for Crows" will start in season 5.

Next season will be much like this season. They are doing "A Storm of Swords" over two seasons. "A Feast for Crows" will start in season 5.

Well that's cool. Maybe they'll integrate some of the more vague characters when they do that, like the sand snakes and Martin. That way they don't feel as sudden for the viewers.

They seem way ahead of schedule to have season four be only the latter sections of Storm of Swords. If they end this season where I think they will, only the latter third of Book three will be left, which will leave too many key characters with little to do in season four.

Well that's cool. Maybe they'll integrate some of the more vague characters when they do that, like the sand snakes and Martin. That way they don't feel as sudden for the viewers.

Could be. I have been wondering if they are going to cut the entire Dorne plot. No real sign of yet in the series, and if they were going there I would have expected Oberyn to have turned up by now.

Season 6 on Facebook: http://www.happyplace.com/23726/game-of-thrones-facebook-recap-season-3-episode-6

I liked the episode, but damn, I think they covered everybody but Danaerys this episode. That's covering some ground!

Yeah, poor Ros. :(

I'm curious to see how all the Tyrell/Lannister stuff plays out in the show, since it is different than the book. Willas was the one they wanted to marry Sansa (in the book), because -- and I didn't remember until tonight -- that Loras is/was/will be in the Kingsguard. I'm not sure they can cut that out.

Loved the scene between Lady Olenna and Tywin (and did anyone else see Diana Rigg on "Doctor Who" this weekend? She was great!).

Season 6 on Facebook: http://www.happyplace.com/23726/game-of-thrones-facebook-recap-season-3-episode-6

I liked the episode, but damn, I think they covered everybody but Danaerys this episode. That's covering some ground!

Yeah, poor Ros. :(

I'm curious to see how all the Tyrell/Lannister stuff plays out in the show, since it is different than the book. Willas was the one they wanted to marry Sansa (in the book), because -- and I didn't remember until tonight -- that Loras is/was/will be in the Kingsguard. I'm not sure they can cut that out.

Loved the scene between Lady Olenna and Tywin (and did anyone else see Diana Rigg on "Doctor Who" this weekend? She was great!).

It's literally all downhill from here.

I think I found it. I think I found the official quote of SoIaF

I feel compelled to add that Theon's storyline is getting to be more boring than Bran's, and that's saying something.

I feel compelled to add that Theon's storyline is getting to be more boring than Bran's, and that's saying something.

Yeah hate Theon's story and Bran's is pretty dull too. But I have to say I enjoy Cat's portion of the story. In the books, she was the character that allowed you to follow the movements of the King in the North and his dealings. But to me it is much more than that.

Often in these stories of war and politics, you see the warriors and soldiers and the tidbits of how it affects their families. But never have I been placed with a character like Cat. I hated her story to begin with, and that it was from her POV. But now, I think her story is one of the greatest tragedies. It shows how much the Stark family has been ripped to pieces, and there is no stronger emotion in a family than from a mother. From the bits with her and Jon Snow and her great husband's betrayal, to hearing the news of losing child after child, to... well where she ends up.

I feel kinda devastated by her story. It really shows the futility of war. Most recent evidence of this in the show would be the Karstark business. Young men dying and old men talking... and the rest of them weep at the insanity and hopelessness of it all.

Often in these stories of war and politics, you see the warriors and soldiers and the tidbits of how it affects their families. But never have I been placed with a character like Cat. I hated her story to begin with, and that it was from her POV. But now, I think her story is one of the greatest tragedies. It shows how much the Stark family has been ripped to pieces, and there is no stronger emotion in a family than from a mother. From the bits with her and Jon Snow and her great husband's betrayal, to hearing the news of losing child after child, to... well where she ends up.

I feel kinda devastated by her story. It really shows the futility of war. Most recent evidence of this in the show would be the Karstark business. Young men dying and old men talking... and the rest of them weep at the insanity and hopelessness of it all.

Good point about Cat. I know a lot of writers who are doing recaps, like over at Slate or the AV Club, are not crazy over the character (although they like the actress well enough). But I think lately just watching her in the background is tough -- especially since I know what's coming. :-/

I like theon. :(

Theon is fine, just not advancing things much here.

This is definitely one of those points in the story where I have to keep my lips sealed around the wife. Too much here or there and I might light the fuse early for the coming explosion

Back