THE WATERCOOLER

Captain Midnight said:
<snip>

All the questions, and the answers I gave to them, set my mind to working furiously. The IMHO is that a lot of Literotica stories have literary merit above and beyond the simple get-your-rocks-off audience. I've read only about 1/10 of 1 percent of them, and many of those are pretty basic porno-book plots. But some of them have well-thought-out characters, well-thought-out situations, and believable relationships among the characters in and out of the bedroom.

Question number one is: do the authors want to push into the so-called mainstream? It has its pitfalls. Question number two is: how well can these stories/novels/chain stories be adapted to other media? Would a visitor to Barnes & Noble or some other place sit down with these stories, read them through and be fasinated to the point that s/he wants to buy the whole book? Or see the entire motion picture?

Most of the Page 5 stuff I've put up reflects a lot of discontent on my part, and it's not simply with my girlfriend. The time to start moving on and doing what I ought to do ... is now. Filming that movie was a step. Teaching chess and writing a book on it was another. And, just perhaps, writing novels and screenplays for a paying audience is the next step.

I'll elaborate on this some more in an essay, if I get permission to write down some details from the movie set. (I told the actress that I was having a lot of trouble writing one particular sex scene because it comes just before the two lovers are critically injured by a would-be assassin, and one of the two is still out of the story when it comes to a stop.)

I'll write more later.

Captain Midnight

I would love to see another essay from you CM.

I agree, some of the stories on Lit have literary merit and I would love to see them go mainstream. I am working on two with that intention, though I will post them here first--- complete with their explicit sex scenes. :D I don't think I would have difficulty adapting one of them to mainstream, the other... Doesn't really work without the graphic sex, lol. I don't know how well either would be accepted. I would most likely just take the developed characters and drop them into a tamer story, lol.

I don't really know, I'm still learning. :kiss: :kiss:
 
Going....going.....GONE!!! ;)

As some of you know, I'll be gone from tomorrow till Monday night. I'll be spending those days looking for houses in New Brunswick :nana:

If you need me or my help in any matter it'll have to wait until I come back. If it's an emergency, yeah sure as if you can't live without me ;), it will still have to wait till I come back since I'll be unreachable to anyone save my children.

Be good to each other while I'm gone.

If there are request for editing, I ask you guys Captain, Horns, Snakey, Vamp and all the others I forget to try and help to the best of your abilities. We have a reputation to uphold and I'm counting on you all :)

Hugs and kisses from me to you all :kiss:
 
LadyCibelle said:
As some of you know, I'll be gone from tomorrow till Monday night. I'll be spending those days looking for houses in New Brunswick :nana:

If you need me or my help in any matter it'll have to wait until I come back. If it's an emergency, yeah sure as if you can't live without me ;), it will still have to wait till I come back since I'll be unreachable to anyone save my children.

Be good to each other while I'm gone.

If there are request for editing, I ask you guys Captain, Horns, Snakey, Vamp and all the others I forget to try and help to the best of your abilities. We have a reputation to uphold and I'm counting on you all :)

Hugs and kisses from me to you all :kiss:

We're here for ya, luv. Have fun storming the castles! :nana:

:cool:
 
LadyCibelle said:
Hello everyone, just like in all the other forums I've decided to start a thread about your mood and what's going wrong OR right in your life.

In here, we won't talk about editing, unless it's to say how somethings gets on our nerves. We can talk about anything and everything: our family, our life, our children, our dogs, cats, guppy fish, whatever. Just as long as we vent some steam and/or express our happiness :)

So to get the ball rolling I'll startl

I'm fucking sick and tired of not knowing what's going on with my daughter. Nobody knows what is wrong, they're sending us from doctors to doctors, tests and after tests and the results always comes back negative!!! Now she's fainting and is out of it for longer and longer period of time and nobody knows what is wrong:confused:


I'm tired of going to bed at night and not knowing if I'll get up in the morning and she won't be on the floor because she got up in the middle of the night and fell. I'm worried sick about her and nobody can tell me anything!!:(



Lady Cibelle, know something of this via a similiar problem with a family memeber. Have they checked for chemical/hormone imbalance? Cousin in same situation, she suggested to her doctor it maybe a problem with hormones. Several doctors scoffed as she was only 17 or 18 at the time. One doctor took her serious, checked it out and bingo, guess what that doctor found, chemical imbalance in her brain. They got her some on meds, took care of the problem. She's now in her twenties and with the medications help, "out grew" the imbalance. No longer is she on the medication, and she's not having the fainting spells.

It could also be epilepsie (sp) surfacing.

Hope this helps and wish you and your daughter the best.
 
My mood

i'm not in a good mood right now.
the only i guess u could say plus side to this is that i've decided to write again.
i submitted a poem to literotica. if it does get accepted then you guys will have to know the title: Whatever.
Its deliberatly spelled like that.
just my mood right now is whatever
:nana:
n e ways. i feel like crap and that nothing ever comes my way thats good
i have a b/f of 3 and a half years and you'd thing that by now everything is going good.
it isn't
somehow i thing my extremely abusive (physically near the end) previously drug filled relationship was sometimes better than this one.
i didn't suffer the grief and relentless bullshit that is happening with this one.
then again my last b/f told me what i wanted to hear.
lol :(
what can i say`
im one messed up person. i don't know if i ever will be able to sort myself out.
 
To Sunnyday666

You aren't in the Author Index yet, so I'll just have to look for your poem when it is posted.

The spelling of your poem's title is quite correct, BTW.

The people here at Literotica have been extremely supportive of me ;) through some very hard times in my life. I hope you will receive the same courtesies from us.

My real first name is Peter.

Captain Midnight
 
It's Much Harder Than It Looks

I don't really know what to say about this past weekend. :(

I really let things get to me (past tense and present tense, and future tense for all I know).

I know now that I really and truly do love my girlfriend, but we can't avoid making each other angry, and hurting each other's feelings, each and every time.

That's all I can really say for now, except that I really and truly feel all alone. :confused: :despondent:
 
Captain Midnight said:
I don't really know what to say about this past weekend. :(

I really let things get to me (past tense and present tense, and future tense for all I know).

I know now that I really and truly do love my girlfriend, but we can't avoid making each other angry, and hurting each other's feelings, each and every time.

That's all I can really say for now, except that I really and truly feel all alone. :confused: :despondent:

There's a pretty good chunk of this thread that's become devoted to the idea that you're not alone in this.

:cool:
 
Back and happy

First of all let me thank you all for taking on the slack while I was away..you all deserve a big :kiss: from me :)

Now for the good news :cool: We found OUR dream house in New-Brunswick and we're moving in June 21st :nana: :nana: :nana:

Now comes the time for us to start packing all our things, get rid of what we don't want to keep etc...lots of work to do and only 2 months to do it all....guess I'll be busy uh :)
 
Hello, everyone. I thought perhaps I should introduce myself and this seemed to be the best place to do so.

I'm a recent college grad with experience in editing, and I'm currently looking for a job on the wrong coast (for editing please see NYC). But I love reading and editing, and, surpise, erotic literature is my favorite form of pornography.

My mood varies a lot lately, I've been going through a lot: just moved to the west coast, broke up with a boyfriend I was very much in love with, and now I'm struggling to find work doing technical editing.

You may call me Mim.

I also wanted to comment on this, even though I don't know the author very well, or at all:
Captain Midnight said:
I know now that I really and truly do love my girlfriend, but we can't avoid making each other angry, and hurting each other's feelings, each and every time.

I dated a boy on and off for two years, and we had a similar problem. It's so hard to be in a relationship with plenty of love but which still isn't working. Knowing when you have tried enough, and when you can try more, is often the most difficult of decisions. We broke up for good maybe three years ago now. It was the right decision for us, but I still miss him.

Good communication is vitally important. I feel for you and wish you the best of luck.
 
Thank you, Mim

I haven't told all of what has happened yet, and I don't know if I want to do it in public. I want to tell LadyCibelle, but now she's going to be caught up in the spirit of moving to a new place and a new life.

I really appreciate Mim's concern for me and her sympathies with me. Mim, you can send me a private message if you wish and we can discuss what is going on in our lives, and what we want to talk about in life.
 
Welcome Mim :)

Have you created your profile on the Editor's list? If not, I'd recommend you do as we're greatly lacking good people willing to go the extra mile and do some good work at editing.
 
Peter,

You know that no matter what goes on in my life I always have the time for my friends, and you my dear are one of them :), so please don't hesitate to drop me a line and talk to me...I'm there for you sweetie. :kiss:
 
LadyCibelle said:
First of all let me thank you all for taking on the slack while I was away..you all deserve a big :kiss: from me :)

Now for the good news :cool: We found OUR dream house in New-Brunswick and we're moving in June 21st :nana: :nana: :nana:

Now comes the time for us to start packing all our things, get rid of what we don't want to keep etc...lots of work to do and only 2 months to do it all....guess I'll be busy uh :)

I'm very happy for you, C. I really hope this is the beginning of much better times for you and yours!!!

Congratulations!!! :nana:
 
Congratulations LadyC!! Glad to hear you found your perfect house so quickly --- it can be such an ordeal. Two months is about the perfect amount of time to get ready. Any longer and you put things off, any shorter and you really don't have time to get everything done.

I'm back in town now as well and have reactivated my editor profile. I've found that if I update it every week then I go to the top of the list again and people see me. Wheee!


-B
 
LadyCibelle said:
Welcome Mim :)
Have you created your profile on the Editor's list? If not, I'd recommend you do as we're greatly lacking good people willing to go the extra mile and do some good work at editing.

Thank you.

And yes, I have created a profile on the Volunteer Editor's list if that is what you mean but I have not seen any results from that yet. Hopefully things will pick up, either from forum participation or from the dumb luck of people choosing me from my profile, we'll see!

Congratulations of finding your new home! That is excellent news. I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible for you over the next few months.

vamplawyer said:

Thanks for the welcome as well. =)
 
Welcome, Mim!

Every time you update your VE profile you go back to the top of the list and what most folks seem to do is just go look at the full list. They pick the first person they see who looks likely so you have an advantage if your profile appears on the first page.

I've found that when I update my profile --- generally I just change the "last updated" date -- I'll get a few hits in the first couple of days and then they taper off as my profile slides down the page. When I feel like I need more submissions I just update again and start the process over.


-B
 
Couch, cough...

How's your daughter, and can you tell me any more symptoms? and by the way... your photo is killing me....
 
CetanAhbleza said:
How's your daughter, and can you tell me any more symptoms? and by the way... your photo is killing me....

Hi Cetan,

Thanks for the concern, my daugher is doing somewhat better, not fainting and falling as much as she used to. She's still in no shape to go back to school though so it's a whole school year out the window and she'll have to redo this school year. It doesn't make her too happy, as you might guess, but at least she stands on her own two feet more.

The doctors are still baffled by what's ailing her though as they can't find anything physical....they're incline to think that she's somatizing so they're sending us to a psychologist to see if it can help :(

As for my photo, please don't die on my account as it's not me.....no such luck I don't look as good as this one :p
 
Lady C,

There are many good psychologists but your odds are better if you take her to a psychiatrist. There are too many psychologists who just don't know anything useful. They mean well, but they didn't have the goods to get through medical school to augment their more touchy-feelie skills. This does not mean all psychologists are sub-par, I've known some excellent ones, but I have found that they're more often the exception than the rule.

You have to really shop psychiatrists as well to get a good fit, but at least with a psychiatrist you know the person is trained as a medical doctor and will be on the lookout for organic causes in addition to psychological ones.


-B
 
Thank you all...it's nice to see that many people caring that way.

I won't give you detailed updates of what is happening with her but I'll try and let you know how it goes.
 
Back
Top