Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, as a feminist, size does not matter to me ;). I just like a man with a good tongue - for crafting words that tickle my fancy :D.

(No, I did not say fanny.)

A gentleman would never even assume such a thing.
Crafting words is what we are all into, aren't we?
 
Once upon a sweater it couldn't be better
Once upon the floor I was asking for more
Once upon the ceiling I'm still healing.

:eek: :D
 
Would you like to sin
With Elinor Glyn
On a tiger skin?
Or would you prefer
To err with her
On some other fur?
 
You've got me beat by a mile.

Not mine, and ancient. :D



And loveliest sight of all, in front of the fire, stretched at full length, was his tiger – and on him – also at full length – reclined the lady, garbed in some strange clinging garment of heavy purple crepe, its hem embroidered with gold, one white arm resting on the beast's head, her back supported by a pile of the velvet cushions, and a heap of rarely bound books at her side, while between her red lips was a rose not redder than they – an almost scarlet rose.
Three Weeks (1907), ch. 6.

A madness of tender caressing seized her. She purred as a tiger might have done, while she undulated like a snake.
Three Weeks (1907), ch. 11.

No matter what he does, one always forgives him. It does not depend upon looks, either – although this actual person is abominably good-looking – it does not depend upon intelligence or character or – anything – as you say, it is just "it".
The Man and the Moment (1914), ch. 7.

To have "It", the fortunate possessor must have that strange magnetism which attracts both sexes. He or she must be entirely unselfconscious and full of self-confidence, indifferent to the effect he or she is producing, and uninfluenced by others. There must be physical attraction, but beauty is unnecessary.
Foreword to It, and Other Stories (1927)

He had that nameless charm, with a strong magnetism which can only be called "It", and cats – as well as women – always knew when he came into the room.
It, and Other Stories (1927), ch. 1, p. 10.


Criticism:

I have read but little of Madame Glyn. I did not know that things like It were going on. I have misspent my days. When I think of all those hours I flung away in reading Henry James and Santayana, when I might have been reading of life, throbbing, beating, perfumed life, I practically break down.
Dorothy Parker "Madame Glyn Lectures on 'It', with Illustrations", in The New Yorker, November 26, 1927.

Prudent readers will do well to hold Three Weeks at arm's length, unless they want to be cut by flying adjectives.
S. J. Perelman "Cloudland Revisited: Tuberoses and Tigers", in The Most of S. J. Perelman (London: Mandarin, [1979] 1992) p. 282.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, you have good taste, I'll give you that... ;)

How's the audio pornstar business going...? :D

Well, given what's going on in Avengers, I'm hopeful of indulging my good sense of taste to the max!

Oh, after causing financial meltdown, I'm moving on to global government. I intend to phone George Osborne and ask for a small loan ... Oh, I see! I haven't heard back yet. But Stella has given me that google suggestion so I must follow it up. I did try once to put my books on a fantasy audio site but they were a bit :eek:. I think it was the length that put them off. Of the book! Sheesh. :D
 
Well, given what's going on in Avengers, I'm hopeful of indulging my good sense of taste to the max!

Oh, after causing financial meltdown, I'm moving on to global government. I intend to phone George Osborne and ask for a small loan ... Oh, I see! I haven't heard back yet. But Stella has given me that google suggestion so I must follow it up. I did try once to put my books on a fantasy audio site but they were a bit :eek:. I think it was the length that put them off. Of the book! Sheesh. :D

Fnar...
 



The inherent internal contradictions of the elitist-egalitarians* explains why their logic is so frequently nonsensical.




________________
* a/k/a Limousine liberals.
 
Did you forget or did you choose to ignore it? Even though I had expected it, the silence still stings. I think it was a choice – and that’s what hurts the most.

It has been over five years and I still cry when I read this post. I'm sorry M.
 
My supervisors....what a team. A collection of the least mature, most Valley Girl set of people I've ever met.

And yet I still have feelings for one of them. What the hell is wrong with me? :eek::confused:
 
My supervisors....what a team. A collection of the least mature, most Valley Girl set of people I've ever met.

And yet I still have feelings for one of them. What the hell is wrong with me? :eek::confused:

Are we to understand that "Valley Girl" is slightly dim (dumb blonde) or Essex girl ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top