red H

Sorry, I can't help it! I'm laughing so hard.

Your story is HOT HOT HOT! More than 10 readers voted for it, and their overall score was 4.5 or above.

That is what the red H means, sweet pea.

:heart:

No, A red H means the story was screened by a panel of fags and approved for homosexual readers.

No, A red H means the story was screened by a panel of fags and approved for homosexual readers.

Exactly. It is seriously Hot. Cuz those boys know about action! Why there was one time the floor moved for me ... and it was my flatmate who had met two guys on the South Bank and brought them home, they had such vigorous rumpy pumpy that it made the whole house shake!

Seriously. :D

But a how-to story about selecting your next computer can be "hot" too. It really translates to "high score". It might have a high score because it's hot, but it might have a high score because it's well-written (or because you have a fan club).

I don't think the H means hot as in sexually hot(even though I would imagine most are seeing this is an erotica site) But it means hot as in it has a high score so hot as in popular and that can be for more than sex.

Exactly. It is seriously Hot. Cuz those boys know about action! Why there was one time the floor moved for me ... and it was my flatmate who had met two guys on the South Bank and brought them home, they had such vigorous rumpy pumpy that it made the whole house shake!

Seriously. :D

Was camping in south Mississippi. Sitting by the fire pit my wife is suddenly tugging my sleeve.

The side walls of a friend's tent were bellowing in and out every few seconds. their air mattress was against the fabric and they were going at it hard.

We all (about 20 of us) got up and walked quietly over there. about the time we got into place around it they both gave these little stifled moans and the tent stopped moving.

Twenty people started clapping and yelling 'Husar!" at the top of our lungs.

Right outside their tent.:D

Last edited:
Was camping in south Mississippi. Sitting by the fire pit my wife is suddenly tugging my sleeve.

The side walls of a friend's tent were bellowing in and out every few seconds. their air mattress was against the fabric and they were going at it hard.

We all (about 20 of us) got up and walked quietly over there. about the time we got into place around it they both gave these little stifled moans and the tent stopped moving.

Twenty people started clapping and yelling 'Husar!" at the top of our lungs.

Right outside their tent.:D

:D

oh, and H for both the sexual hotness and the quality of story-telling hotness ;).

The H's are nice sure, but I like the hearts :heart: better. I think they tell more about the writer and the writing, Favourite as an author, or the story itself are truer representations of the work.

I don't think the H means hot as in sexually hot(even though I would imagine most are seeing this is an erotica site) But it means hot as in it has a high score so hot as in popular and that can be for more than sex.

True. I have H's for chs. where there's no sex at all in them. On the other hand, they are in categories that allow chapters to be sex free because of the length and detail of them. I imagine that makes a difference in if you get H's or not for no sex.

The H's are nice sure, but I like the hearts :heart: better. I think they tell more about the writer and the writing, Favourite as an author, or the story itself are truer representations of the work.

Yup.

I remember getting so excited when I got a couple of those on my first story. Then I recall the next day when I saw the "broken heart" I was like "Oh no!"

Now I just take it all in stride.

Yup.

I remember getting so excited when I got a couple of those on my first story. Then I recall the next day when I saw the "broken heart" I was like "Oh no!"

If yuh get the yellow P it means PILOT checked out your story.

Yup.

I sometimes favorite something, then realize that I don't anyone knowing that I liked it. :eek: I feel badly unfavoriting, but...

Yup.

I recall the first broken heart. I tried so hard to figure out what I had done, why they'd un-favorite me. Was it a newer story that pissed them off? I checked out their favorites list, and it was a bookmark page. Just a couple of stories. The favorites changed every day.

When I first started getting the red hearts, I'd check out who favorited me. I was so proud. Then I checked a favorites page, and it was just a reading list. Every day, a few more stories added, high scores, low scores, category, it didn't matter. Live and learn, or make that write and learn.

I recall the first broken heart. I tried so hard to figure out what I had done, why they'd un-favorite me. Was it a newer story that pissed them off? I checked out their favorites list, and it was a bookmark page. Just a couple of stories. The favorites changed every day.

When I first started getting the red hearts, I'd check out who favorited me. I was so proud. Then I checked a favorites page, and it was just a reading list. Every day, a few more stories added, high scores, low scores, category, it didn't matter. Live and learn, or make that write and learn.

That's why I like the idea of a "to read" list. Laurel had mentioned that as a feature they were looking at. That's one I'd like to see for sure. I use the Goodreads app for books. I'd love a similar feature here.

I stopped fretting about everything but views.

I haven't paid much attention to views. I click out of a lot of stories that don't keep my attention. I figure that click in/click out accounts for a big chunk of views. When I have tracked views, I found that every story gets at least 5 views a day, even the ones from two years ago. I can't imagine that anyone finds those. I always figured they were some sort of phantom glitch in the system.

I haven't paid much attention to views. I click out of a lot of stories that don't keep my attention. I figure that click in/click out accounts for a big chunk of views. When I have tracked views, I found that every story gets at least 5 views a day, even the ones from two years ago. I can't imagine that anyone finds those. I always figured they were some sort of phantom glitch in the system.

They are bots (from search engines) making reference tags. I have gotten comments, feedback and favorites a year after posting so people do find old stories somehow once in a while

I think it means more to be faved as an author than to have a story faved. A lot of times people will fav a story then unfav once it is read. But usually if they fav you as an author you stay around.

I don't have much on my favs page and since I know some authors take it personally to have a story fav/unfaved what I do is bookmark the story on the bookmarks page on my Lap top then read it and un bookmark it so the author don't know:D

In the real world, that's all that counts. Views is money, like it or not. Ya bought it, ya own it.

Yeah, but the thing is about views here is I've been told they may not be accurate due to bots and web crawlers and someone tried to explain something about google here, but that stuff confuses me.

I think you were right in your other post. The hearts are a big deal.

I think how many comments a story has means a lot as well.

I mean consistent view totals and increases over time, and it varies with the category.

I agree they pick up a few views every day, regardless.

I also note unfavorites that are favorites down the road. I assume theyre fans if theres a history of multiple favorite and unfavorite actions.

While we're discussing favs, I noticed this one person who has faved and unfaved me at least a dozen times. I mean it has to be a lot for me to start recognizing his name in the first place and once I did see it, I keep catching it.

They fav then un fav me at least once a month. Odd, anyone else get that?

Back