Does the Volunteer Editor system even work?

tomlitilia

Literotica Guru
When I try to contact someone from the edit Volunteer Editors at http://www.literotica.com/editors/editors.php, I very rarely get a response. Less than one in ten will reply. Is this because the system doesn't work? I always tick the box to get a copy sent to my email, but just because I get the copy doesn't mean that the VE gets it. Or is it that the VEs get so many requests that it's impossible to respond? I just want to know if it's worth trying.

Try the thread titled "Available to edit" for the current month. The VE program is in need of an overhaul and has issues, as you've encountered. You can also start a new thread, listing the type help you want, and see if someone replies there.

Try the thread titled "Available to edit" for the current month. The VE program is in need of an overhaul and has issues, as you've encountered. You can also start a new thread, listing the type help you want, and see if someone replies there.

OK, so the messages aren't even delivered then?

E-mail addresses change, people move on, life interferes . . .

So, no, the messages aren't always delivered.

Obviously, but my question is if the technical part of the VE system actually fails to send the messages. It just sounds unlikely that 90% of the people who register there would have such issues within days of signing up.

Obviously, but my question is if the technical part of the VE system actually fails to send the messages. It just sounds unlikely that 90% of the people who register there would have such issues within days of signing up.

I don't know the technical side of the system and won't guess at the reasons for the problems. Whether the dates listed are accurate for when an individual updates his/her profile is questionable. But few people find the VE list beneficial.

Some of the VE profiles are years old, though.

But it's also true that some people sign up and then forget or just don't feel like it. I do think the VE system sends messages just fine, as I still get some occasionally and I signed up a few years ago. But if the recipient doesn't respond, not much can be done to fix that.

I've had the same problem, e-mailing several and not getting any response. But I've also gotten a few excellent editors through the program. I'd keep trying, but only from ones who posted their info recently. Could be they're not interested in the type of story as well, but still should respond and say so.

Back