Opposite Roles; Equal Hearts (closed for wideeyedone)

"Feels great," he growled in reply, kissing down her neck. "So raw, so real." Her legs around his waist pulled him against her, grinding him against her. His cock was harder than steel and it throbbed as their movement ground his erection against her through both their costumes.

He needed to feel and smell her skin, her sex. The scent was already in his nose, his superhuman sense picking it up through her outfit. He nipped at the base of her neck and then took the latex fabric in his teeth, ready to tear her costume open. Then she went still a half second and whimpered about stopping. Prowl froze and then shivered as she planted another feverish kiss on him.

What was...what? She wanted to stop? Or didn't she? He groaned as his trapped manhood pressed against her stomach. Her body was urging him on but her words, her voice, she'd sounded insistent, desperate.

Fuck, he wanted her. He wanted her badly. But...he shook his head. No buts. Her body wanted this but her mind said no. Despite Wolf's urges, his instincts, he would not be a rapist. How could he face Lauren if he did this now?

Prowl pulled his hands off of her and grabbed her legs, his super strength pulling them apart enough so he could then jump back out of her grasp. The vigilante went all the way to the opposite side of the alley. He was breathing hard from his desire and the pain of his injuries began to prick at him again. "I...You're dangerous, all right. God, turning me on like a switch." His cock made an obscene bulge in his costume, visible as a swollen shape that went partway down his left thigh, deforming the material of his outfit. "I changed my mind. You need to stop or get out of town. You need it."

She'd sounded almost unstable. What was going on with her? "...You get one chance. I see you again, and I'll take you. Down, I'll take you down." He turned and leaped up a story and a half, digging his fingers into the brick and hauling himself up to kick up and away, grabbing the opposite roof edge and hauling himself up and out of her sight. He had to get away from her. Clear his head. And probably go home and lay down so he could start healing.

One minute he was about to rend open her costume with his teeth and then he pulled away. He almost leaped to the rooftop, only using a few hand and footholds and he was gone.

Tempest slumped against the wall for a moment.

"What is wrong with me?" She asked in exasperation. She decided the sports car was a loss and left it back in the alley. She made her way to her hideout. She tugged off her latex and took a shower. In the shower, she couldn't stop thinking of Prowl and his strong hands and the bulge she felt through their clothes.

She stood under the hot water, letting it pound on her skin. She soaped up her breasts and began teasing herself. She usually had a pretty light touch when she pleasured herself, but not this time. Her hands slid down her smooth, taut tummy and she rubbed her knuckles against her clit. She used her other hand to brace herself against the wall of the shower. She kept rubbing until she climaxed over and over.

Her thighs were shaking when she got out of the shower. She shook her head, still shocked at herself. She brushed out her hair, trying to get Prowl out of her head.

Prowl slipped into his darkened dorm room and closed the window behind him. He leaned back against it and sighed, closing his eyes. What had just happened? Tempest...they'd been so close to just screwing right there in the alley. Shit that was the second time they'd met!

And he had wanted it, wanted her. He could still smell her, practically taste her on his lips and in his mouth. He was still hard, for God's sake.

He stripped his costume off and headed for the bathroom. Damn, his shoulder hurt. He'd left his gloves behind in the alley too. The totem warrior would have to hope that no one who found them didn't know what they were. It wasn't likely the gloves could be traced back to him but it was possible. He could do it.

That was a worry for later. He walked naked into the bathroom and turned the shower on, stepping into the stream once it was hot. Fuck. That felt good. He closed his eyes and just let it beat down on and wash over him for a few minutes. He couldn't stop thinking about what happened and what almost happened. Then he thought of Lauren and groaned. He shouldn't think about her that way.

Cody finished showering and went to the bedroom. He lay in bed, thoughts and mental images of the two women tormenting his mind while his body healed in the dark, trying not to jerk off to them until he finally fell asleep.

Lauren ached all over. The last night had been so physical and she was exhausted. She wanted to just linger in bed, but she needed to take care of some last minute arrangements for the gala.

She really was excited that Cody was going to accompany her. She had spent so many of these galas with a fake smile and nothing to do but small talk with people that she didn't care about.

And she always missed her parents but the gala made their loss more present. She supposed that is why she snuck into the penthouse.

She got out of bed and get dressed. She brushed out her hair. She wanted to see Cody, but she didn't want to be too clingy or needy.

Cody woke feeling far better. His body had healed a great deal over the hours he'd slept, doing months of healing in the space of six or so hours. It wasn't the nearly instant healing that some superhumans had where they could recover in seconds or minutes but he had no complaints. He wasn't fully there; his left arm and shoulder blade still ached and were tender in spots but those should be fully mended before nightfall.

He showered again, just because he liked the feeling of being in the shower. Though memories of last night and fantasies of Lauren intruded on.it to leave him again exiting the stall clean but aroused. He so wanted to just masturbate but it felt...disrespectful to Lauren somehow. At least until he knew what their relationship was.

The student from the West left his dorm before most students were bothering to get up. He had a big errand to run today. An hour and a bus ride later and he was in front of the tailor Lauren had told him to go to. Damn. Did he really have any business going into a place like that?

He thought of the way Lauren looked when she smiled and how that green dress had flattered her curvaceous figure. Cody took out his phone and sent her a text, "About to go in and get tux. Excited for this party. Anything I can do to help with prep?"

Lauren was up to her elbows with florists and caterers and society reporters. The ballroom looked gorgeous.She was pleased. She knew her mom would have loved the flowers. She had chosen magnolias because they were her mother's favorite.

She couldn't help but smile when she saw his text come in on her phone.

I would love a greasy cheeseburger for lunch if you want to head up here after your fitting?

She hoped he wanted to come meet her.

Cody grinned at her reply. There was a warm feeling in his chest even as a few butterflies flitted around in his stomach. He sent back, "One greasy cheeseburger, got it. Got to keep your strength up for the big event. See you soon!

He sighed as he pocketed the phone. Man, he didn't have a chance; he was sprung on this girl. Which also made him feel guilty about what had happened, and what had almost happened, last night. He shook his head; just had to hope Tempest actually would get out of town.

Yeah. And maybe it'd rain cheese tomorrow.

The fitting was a whirlwind for him. Mitch was thrilled to see him, apparently having heard Lauren would be accompanied to the gala by a mystery man. After more measurements were taken than Cody thought he had things to measure, he was stuffed into a tuxedo. A real tuxedo, not the cheap rental knockoff he'd worn for prom. It felt...nice, actually, but he was also half afraid to move lest he risk tearing or sullying it. Then more measurements, then he was undressed and left while alterations were made. This process repeated a few times until he was thoroughly confused.

Finally, hours later, it was done and Mitch sent him on his way with the tuxedo and all it's accoutrements in a garment bag. Cody made.a quick stop at SuperBurger and then it was off to Lauren. He was surprised at just how much he wanted to see her.

The college student from Wyoming walked into the opulent ballroom gawking like a tourist in Rome. "Holy...it's like something out of a movie," he said softly as he craned his head this way and that. He was out of his element here and it was only going to get worse. But it was a date with Lauren and a good chance she'd wear a knockout dress.

He walked in, his boots thudding on the fine floor. In this elegant setting he was wearing work boots, blue jeans, a t-shirt, and a loose, light jacket. Many of the people making things ready gave him curious or dismissive looks. He ignored them and made a beeline for Lauren's graceful figure. He had the garment bag over his left shoulder and a large bag of fast food in his other hand; he'd gotten far more that the requested burger. He'd done a lot of healing and that took energy and protein. "Hey. Time for a lunch break? I've got your order and then some."

Lauren wasn't decked out for the gala yet, but she was still dressed for society. Her long dark hair was put up in a bun. She was wearing slim black cigarette pants, black high heels and a white button down blouse.

She had a clipboard and was ticking things off of the to do list. When she turned around and saw Cody, her smile lit up her fast.

"My hero is here. And SuperBurger. My favorite." She grabbed his hand and led him to the stage. She sat down on the steps.

"Thanks for the food. I am starving and tonight I will be in a skin tight dress, and I won't be able to eat much."

She made a little picnic for them, spreading out napkins and the burgers and fries. She patted the spot next to her.

God, she looked good. And she was even dolled up yet!

Cody let her lead him to the stage and then she mentioned her dress and he just focus for a minute or so as she set up their little picnic. Skintight dress? Wow. Just...damn. Damn! He really couldn't wait for tonight!

He came to as she patted the space on the steps beside her. He took the seat with a smile. They were close enough to almost touch and it made his pulse pick up ever so slightly to be that close to her. "It's a hell of a thing to have to do all this yourself. You're a pretty impressive girl, you know that?"

He began to tear into the food he'd brought for himself. Meaty deliciousness. Ever since he'd gotten this powers, meat just tasted better and everything else seemed more blah. It made sense in a way. "So is there anything I should know about tonight? Things to do or not do? Folks I should watch out for on your behalf?"

She thought about it as she ate a few french fries.

"Just don't let anybody intimidate you. They are all filthy rich but they are just people." She took a sip of her coke. And bit her lip and thought for a moment.

"People might ask you about me and don't feel like you have to talk or be quiet. You can say what you like. But I guess, I should tell you about my parents, because it will come up tonight. They were the Prescotts and they were killed in a plane crash. I was with them, but other than a concussion, I was uninjured. They found me sitting in the rain beside the wreckage when I was a little girl." She was quiet, but she didn't seem affected.

"I just wanted you to know... so that people didn't try to surprise you or anything like that." She laid her hand on her knee. "People are still fascinated by the story."

He didn't know that he was worried about being intimidated but he understood her statement. It would be easy for a lot of people to feel outclassed by the wealth and status of the people who would be here tonight. He might have too, before becoming Prowl, so he appreciated Lauren's advice.

Anything he might have said was forestalled by her next words. Her parents died in a plane crash and she was there? Holy hell. That..that would be a torment to live through. What she must have seen and felt, he couldn't even imagine. No wonder she talked about it so distantly.

He put a hand over hers on his knee and gave it a gentle squeeze. "Thank you for telling me. It can't be an easy thing to have people asking about it, so I won't." He paused and then went on, "You're an amazing girl, you know that, right? The more I learn about you, the more time I spend, you keep getting more impressive." Cody wanted to lean over and kiss her then but he didn't. It felt like it would be inappropriate to kiss her after she told him about her parents.

"Anyone asks me about you, I'll tell them the truth. She's the greatest girl I've ever met, end of story."

Prescott. Why didn't he put it together sooner? That penthouse Tempest was in last night was hers. Her parents' more like. After they died, she'd just closed it up like that? It must have been painful for her to go there. But it had meant something to Tempest too. Was she connected to the Prescotts? To Lauren?

It didn't matter now. That was something to think about later. "So is there going to be dancing at this thing? I haven't really been taught any but I'd like the chance to do a few turns with you."

Lauren smiled at him when he brought up dancing. She asked one of the staff to turn on some music. She got up from the steps and offered Cody her hand. They walked to the dance floor. She smiled up at him as they started to dance.

She lightly held his hand and his other hand caressed the small of her back. The women working in the ballroom smiled and watched the young couple dance.

Some of them had been working the gala for years and were so happy to see Miss Lauren happy.

He blinked when she got up and asked for music. He hadn't expected she'd want to dance now! What if he stepped on her feet? But then she was there, offering her hand to him with a sweet smile on her lips. His heart swelled in his chest and he nodded, reaching out to take her hand and get pulled out onto the dance floor.

She was so close to him. Their bodies almost touching, his hand on the small of her back. Her breasts brushed just a little against his chest as they moved together and each time it sent a thrill through him.

Cody had never been taught any formal dancing but he moved with a grace that was almost uncanny as Lauren led him through the steps, teaching him by doing. Who knew superhuman agility and reflexes worked for dancing too? "This...this is pretty good," he said softly after a few minutes. "I never danced like this before but, with you, I like it."

He didn't want to delay her remaining preparations but he also didn't want to stop. So he just moved together with her, starting to take the lead, the two young people turning past the magnolias as the soiree setup went on around them.

She laid her head on his shoulder as they danced. If felt so good to be in his arms and to be close to someone. She smiled and thought that she hoped she would become his someone.

"Tonight, when we are all dressed up and everyone is around and people are taking pictures and whatever, let's remember what it felt like to dance right here all alone." She whispered against his throat.

She wanted to keep dancing with him for the rest of the afternoon, but she knew she had to finish and then get dressed and dolled up for the night.

"Cody, thanks so much for being my date tonight." One of the staff waved at her and showed her a gold box. "Oh, I forgot. It's a masked ball. I have masked for both of us. I ordered you a basic black one with just some velvet trip. Mine is silver and my dress is emerald green, so you will be able find me." She offered with a smile. She lead him over to the staff member with the box and gave him the mask.

The feeling of her against him, soft and warm, the smell of her hair filling his nose, all made his heart ache and his pulse race. At her whispered request to remember this, all he could do was nod and answer, "How could I forget this?" Later tonight or ten years or a lifetime, he was going to remember the purity of that romantic moment.

He should probably tell her he was falling for her. Shouldn't he? Maybe tonight; she still had so much to do right now.

When she drew away to go to the assistant with the box, he couldn't help but heave a little sigh, even as he smiled. He trailed after her and took the offered box, "Masks, huh? This is like something out of a movie or a show."

For a few moments, his face was serious. The mask was a reminder that if he and Lauren did start to date, what about being Prowl? What would he tell her? One thing at a time.

Cody then smiled, "They say you never know what someone'll be like wearing a mask. Be interesting to see who we become, huh?" He looked over at the stunning socialite student, "I guess I should get out of your way unless you need me for anything else?"

She smiled at him, when he asked if there was anything he could help with.

"Now, I am going to go to my suite to be manicured and made up and have my hair done. And hopefully after that cheese burger I will still fit into my dress." She offered with a grin.

She stood on her tiptoes and gave him a quick kiss. "I will meet you at seven right outside the ballroom, and we can come in together." She waved goodbye as she rushed out of the ballroom. Her heart was pounding. She couldn't remember any time recently when she had been so happy.

She headed up to her suite and then let the glam squad take over. She changed into a satin dressing gown and tried her best to relax as she was curled, painted, brushed and polished.

He was about to say something must mildly salacious in response to her comment about fitting into her dress when she blasted all thought from his mind. Lauren stood up and planted a kiss right on his lips. Cody's eyes went wide and his breath caught in his chest. It was a sweet, warm, soft moment of bliss and then it was over.

He stared after her as she dashed out of the room. He returned her wave with a slightly dazed motion. Then the door was closed and he found he could breathe again. "Yeah, I'll...I'll see you tonight."

Cody glanced around and found the assistants still in the ballroom looking at him and smiling. He just shrugged, "Hell of a girl, right? I'll get out of your way."

He had a broad, toothy grin on his face all the way back to the dorm. It took an effort for him not to jump and go bolting off in physical celebration. Tonight was going to be something special.

Lauren looked at herself in the mirror. Her dress was emerald green satin and it fit like a second skin. The dress clung to her curves and then flared out at the skirt. Her hair was curled and pulled back from her face. She tied on her silver mask. The last addition was a pair of elaborate diamond and emerald earrings.

Then she went downstairs in the elevator. She felt beautiful and she couldn't wait to see Cody. She hoped he liked her dress and that he was going to have a great time too. As soon as she stepped off of the elevator she saw the flashes of several cameras. She didn't have to force herself to smile this time, because she was looking for Cody.

The building was all done up for the gala with a banner over the doorway, lights, and a red carpet leading inside and to the ballroom. A small crowd of press and onlookers watched and took pictures as expensive cars pulled up to let out the well to do, the movers and shakers of Metro City. There were also some state level people, even a few higher. People both beautiful and plain posed for the flashing cameras in their finery. Some of the press there called for questions but few answered that call as this was a local event, no matter how elite.

Cody didn't have a car, expensive or cheap, so he just walked up and onto the ted carpet after a couple. He had put the mask on when he'd rounded the corner of the block and was dressed in the simple but elegant tuxedo he'd been provided. It was black, of course, with a vest and bowtie in dark green. It fit him well; framing and accenting his strong body while being elegant. Cody strode past people who were pausing for pictures, probably accidentally photobombing a few unwitting couples in the process.

Part of him wanted to slow down to check out some of the cars, and some of the women in the more scandalous dresses, but he was here for Lauren. He couldn't wait to see her after all her talk of a skin tight dress. He knew he was here a few minutes early. Once inside, he made his way to the elevator and waited. There was an even smaller group of press here but all were eagerly waiting. The elevator dinged and Cody took a deep breath. Then the doors opened and his heart skipped a beat.

Holy shit, it was Tempest!

Wait. No, it...wasn't? Lauren smiled at him as she stepped out and past the flashing lights of working cameras. God, that smile was a heart stopped. But that silver mask, her dark hair, pale skin...she looked like Tempest. A lot like her. Her dress was magnificent and showed off her killer body; skin tight free hugged her upper body so snug it almost looked painted on. Just like the blue latex the super thief wore. But damned if it didn't look like they had the same measurements.

Could...Lauren be Tempest? No, no way. She didn't act like the brazen, messed up, sexual goddess that Tempest was. But did he act differently as Prowl? Masks do strange things to people.

Some of the press people had followed the line of Lauren's gaze to him. Cody stepped forward as cameras flashed again. He ignored them, though they were painfully bright to his super senses. "Lauren," he smiled as he stood in front of her and took her hands in his "God damn, girl, you look amazing. Beautiful and sexy and, well, too good for mortal man."

Lauren's smile spread when she saw Cody. She was so glad to take his hand and head into the gala. The room was filled with well dressed guests and wait staff passing trays of canapes and flutes of champagne.

The flashes made Lauren's head buzz a little bit. She could feel the energy building behind her eyes. She closed her eyes and concentrated on the chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. She moved a few of the crystals back and forth with her powers, hoping to ease the pressure.

A middle aged woman in a purple velvet gown came up to them.

"Lauren, darling, you look beautiful. So much like your mother." She kissed Lauren on the cheek and offered her hand to Cody. "I am Libby Davenport." She almost purred.

After they shook hands, Lauren guided them to their table. Her head was aching. She wasn't sure how else to get rid of the buzzing. She thought of the other night when she had kissed Prowl. She turned to face Cody and kissed him softly, she pressed her mouth to his and ran the tip of her tongue over his lower lip. She moaned softly against his mouth.

Damn, these guys were taking a lot of pictures. They'd stop once they were in the ballroom though, right? They walked in and Cody couldn't help but gawk a little around the now fully done up and lit up room. Wow...it hadn't looked like that earlier! "Hell of a place you set up," he murmured to his stunning date.

The Davenport woman he recognized from when Prowl had been to their place a few days ago. Would her daughter be here too? Had they pulled back from the Brazzinos? He shook her hand, "Ma'am, my pleasure. Cody Cross."

Lauren then steered them to a table. She seemed happy but also slightly distracted. It made sense though, there was a lot happening and it was all her shindig. He was about to ask if she was okay when she leaned over and kissed him.

God. Damn.

This wasn't the light smooch he'd gotten earlier but a full of press of those plush lips that he'd already imagined kissing...and doing other things with. He wasn't sure if it was appropriate but he also didn't give a damn just then. Cody returned her kiss with interest and a growing hunger. He could hear a few gasps, some chuckles, some whispered words of shock, amusement, appreciation and more around the ballroom from those who noticed.

There was something...familiar about her kiss. Could it be...no, no, he was imagining it. Right?

Cody broke their lips apart after that one kiss had turned into several, "You're setting me on fire, Lauren. Keep it up and we're going to be leaving this gala way early."

Was that too forward? Well, he'd already said and meant it.

Lauren smiled and kissed him with just a sweet, soft kiss.

"I can't leave early, but I have a room upstairs and I would love to show you the view." Her cheeks were pink with excitement and embarrassment but she wanted him to know that she wanted him to.

The music was filling the air and couples were beginning to fill the dance floor. Lauren took him by the hand and they went back to the dance floor as they had this afternoon. Several of the men couldn't look away from Lauren.

She tossed her hair back and smiled as the twirled to the music. Lauren almost giggled when she made the crystals in the chandeliers twist, making tiny rainbows shine all over the dance floor.

A room upstairs? And she wanted to show him the view? "Oh, wow." He could feel the foolish smile that spread over his face and the faint flushing of his cheeks. It was a heady, almost intoxicating feeling to know she wanted to be with him. That she felt the same desire he did. It was sudden but everything with Lauren had been that way and he didn't have anything to regret.

The clinical part of his mind noted that his experiences with Tempest had also been marked by sudden action and shifts of mood but he ignored it. He didn't have any solid indications that Lauren was Tempest.

She led him to the dance floor and he went with more anticipation than he would have ever thought he'd have for ballroom dancing. He caught a lot of guys ogling Lauren when they thought their dates weren't looking. He couldn't blame them. It also brought a smirk to his lips. "Sorry, guys, she's with me," he murmured under his breath.

Once they were dancing, he lowered his head, speaking softly for her ears alone, "Half the men here keep looking at you, you know. The other half are just taking the occasional look. You're officially the belle of the ball, pretty lady." She was also getting some hard looks from wives and girlfriends but it was best not to mention that.

The light display was unexpected but fun, streaking the dance floor with rainbows. Strange...he hadn't seen them putting up projectors or anything. And there were those sounds from the chandeliers; faint clinking and squeaking as though some of the crystals were being adjusted in their sockets. Projectors wouldn't do that, they'd hum...and he didn't hear that up there...

Maybe they were just quiet. Or the music and conversation were masking the sound. Maybe it wasn't someone moving them with telekinetic powers.

Cody didn't want to think about this. If it was that, then it just might mean Tempest was here but wasn't Lauren. There were, what, dozens, hundreds if women here? It didn't mean it was Lauren.

He shook his head and refocused on her, "Having a good time?"

The night went just as Lauren had planned it. The silent auction raised almost a million dollars. The crowd was happy, the dance floor was full of people. The music was good, the food was excellent. Her parents were remembered.

She had to chit chat with some society types, and she had to stop herself from casing the jewels that women were wearing. She knew which ones were real and which ones were high dollar copies.

But what would Cody think if he knew she stole jewels from people to pay them for their wicked crimes. She only stole jewels and she auctioned them on the dark web. She didn't do it for the money. All of the money was still in her secret, off shore accounts. She didn't do it for the money, she did it to take.

As the party was wrapping up, she took Cody by the hand. She lead him through the crowd and to the elevator.

"Thank you for being here tonight."

The night was strange for Cody. It was extravagant and decadent but restrained. Though the people were here for charity, most of them seemed to just be gossiping and sniping at each other or gloating about this or that status symbol. The Davenports got a lot of attention due to the recent robbery and their encounter with the vigilante. Libby Davenport gushed about how terrible it had all been, even as she lapped up the attention.

Cody noticed that there was no engagement ring on her daughter Elaine's finger. Maybe she'd looked into Junior Brazzino's business after all. He hoped so; it would be nice if someone learned something out of that mess.

It was also strange because no one seemed to know quite how to approach him. He was a stranger in what was a very exclusive group. Some clearly thought he was high society from somewhere else; a boy Lauren must have befriended in the past on one of the many trips she and her parents took. A few seemed to figure out he was just a college kid from a middle class family out west and then were just confused by his presence.

When Lauren led him out of the ballroom a little after midnight and the announcements of the funds raised and so on, he was glad for it. Not only to get out of an environment that was strange to him but also to have some more time with just her.

He smiled at her thanks, "I'm glad I was here. It was kind of strange but I had a better time than you thought. And I got to see you in that dress, which would have been worth it if the party had been lousy." Cody licked his lips, a bit nervous now. He didn't want their night to end but it would be presumptive and creepy to ask if she wanted him to come up with her. "So...you want to go out and get a, uh, a night cap or a bite? I understand if you're done though, you were all over that place."

Back