What Are You Listening To Now? 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
We Got Used to Us

Riverside

Very curious to hear where Mariusz Duda and boys are going musically as a trio since the sad passing of Piotr Grudzinski

Lighthouse

Lifesigns

John Young, Frosty Beedle and the stunning Nick Beggs - fantastic first album.

That's it for me this hump day - sleep well when you go and wake surrounded by peace, love and happiness!

@Neil: If you haven't, try out Oceans of Slumber. They call themselves "progressive", but apart from some alternate time scales and a masterful use of volume, the main thing going for them is their singer. Damn, that girl has pipes!

https://youtu.be/uj2lpQxGKhU

We Got Used to Us

Riverside

Very curious to hear where Mariusz Duda and boys are going musically as a trio since the sad passing of Piotr Grudzinski

That was a sad loss!

Get Off Get Out

Anathema

We're Here Because We're Here was a good album!

@Neil: If you haven't, try out Oceans of Slumber. They call themselves "progressive", but apart from some alternate time scales and a masterful use of volume, the main thing going for them is their singer. Damn, that girl has pipes!

https://youtu.be/uj2lpQxGKhU

Will definitely check them out, C - thanks for the recommendation.

Lies Of The Machine - Freakshow

Loving this!

The first album from a new Hungarian symphonic metal act. Eclectic, with an interesting blend of black and other genres of metal, flowing easily through tempo and style shifts, from dark to upbeat, from male to female to growled vocals, from standard nordic metal to middle eastern themes and back again.

According to their bYouTube post, you can download the album for free.

Eiswerk - Kameraden des Todes

Really enjoying this, too.

The band describes it as "Experimental Metal with a mix of Pagan influences, hard, epic and sometimes a bit crazy ... including instruments such as tin, a whistle, marimba, xylophone or bouzouki."

Good description. It's heavy metal with plenty of fun, eclectic twists.

Lies Of The Machine - Freakshow

Loving this!

The first album from a new Hungarian symphonic metal act. Eclectic, with an interesting blend of black and other genres of metal, flowing easily through tempo and style shifts, from dark to upbeat, from male to female to growled vocals, from standard nordic metal to middle eastern themes and back again.

According to their bYouTube post, you can download the album for free.

Sounds tempting. I'll have a listen.

Now listenibg to
Me - Viscuos Expulsions of a Diseased Lung

i.e. I'm too fucking sick to really do anything but cough my head off. I bet early Carcass or Pathologist could have written a splendid grind number about bloody chunks in bronchial fluids...

Tempus Fugit

Yes

The bass....that's all I have to say about this song. R.I.P Chris Squire - you are missed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back