What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was the anual craft bazaar at my grandpa's nursing home. This was my second year participating, and I brought a friend who's just starting out selling handbags.

While we're setting up I hear mumbles of "Oh the Renaissance lady is back!" This made me giggle and was a great start.

I didn't sell anything (but didn't expect to), but the entire day I was passing out cards and graciously accepting complements as well as promoting myself, shamelessly boasting of my works and dazzling all who would stop.

Big huge freaking step. :D

And I get to do it again at a bigger bazaar in two weeks. :D
 
A Playcentre field trip to the local art gallery as our children's art is currently being exhibited there. Watching my sons face light up as he saw his painting and the photo of him creating it on the wall. Getting home, putting my feet up.

Checking our bank account that previously had only $2.39 today and finding that we now have $28,600.10!

The money from the other half's grandmother's estate has come through and it is a small fortune for us; 8 times more money than either of us has ever encountered before. It's going to make life a whole lot easier and I feel like the weight of years of financial pressure has come off my shoulders.

Feeling very surreal, but very good right now :)
 
Being told that I look like I'm in my upper 20's, lower 30's at most by a number of people today. What an ego boost. :)
 
This afternoon a pair of evangelists came to my door and asked me this question:

If you could ask God anything, what would you ask him?

I responded," What is the deal with giraffes?"

They blinked and stared at each other. I don't think they were expecting that. They gave me a Guidepost magazine and promised to return next week. I will be ready for them. :)
 
Huh, what?

Stalker claims he got victims mixed up

New Zealand's most notorious stalker has appealed his latest prison sentence saying he got confused about who he was stalking and lavished undue attention on the wrong woman.

Glenn Green is serving a 30-month sentence for two counts of criminal harassment, offending he began three weeks after getting out of prison in 2011.

Green, 42, aka Glenn Corleone, Goldberg, Carlionne, Casellano and Holden, appealed his sentence at the High Court in Auckland yesterday saying the judge had erred by giving him the same sentence for both his victims, when he had actually stalked one of the women much worse than the other.​

Umm, yeah, there's more in the article linked through the headline.
 
I predict a very large uptick in the number of women booking tourist trips to Malta.

Crazy Amusement Park Ride Gives Women Orgasms & You Won't Believe What You're Seeing (VIDEO)

Have you ever been on a slingshot ride? I've always been way too terrified of trying one of those deadly-looking reverse-bungee spring-propulsion whatchamacallits that hurls you about fifty zillion feet into the air at the approximate speed of sound, but according to several intriguing YouTube videos, I might be missing out on a seriously good thing. Because there's something about the experience brought on by at least one of those nightmarish contraptions that's giving women orgasms left and right.​

More - including several videos of the ride "in action" - in the CafeMom article linked through the headline above. :: blinkblink ::
 
Four 5-star reviews on Goodreads. :D

(OK one is mine, but the rest are real. What? I loved the book.;))
 
Alam - My mother got tired of the visits from a particular group in our area. The next time she saw them in the neighborhood she taped a note to the door saying "I will visit your church when you visit mine." This ended the visits.
 
Alam - My mother got tired of the visits from a particular group in our area. The next time she saw them in the neighborhood she taped a note to the door saying "I will visit your church when you visit mine." This ended the visits.

Ha! That's great!
I don't mind it. I get bored and I enjoy toying with them. Sometimes they're even good for a bit of light mental fencing. I think I had them at a slight disadvantage when they returned today with the new guy, however. They didn't want to come inside. I simply can't imagine why not...
 
Lol - I know they mean well, but when I tell them I already belong to and attend church they should respect my faith and move on in my opinion. I think it is arrogant to assume that one faith is superior to another.
 
I am sure many of you in the US have seen this movie trailer, but every time it comes on I laugh. A boy of about 8 is telling a man that his mother put a firefly up his butt. The man asks him why and straight faced the boy responds "to make my farts glow."

I am so easily amused. ;)
 

Just *one* of the eleven:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5484-135275103.gif
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top