Justice League: The New Wave (OOC - Interest Check)

Well it looks like I will be joining as the archer then. :)

Allow me to get caught up in the IC and then I will post a Char profile. May PM it to you first so we can hash it out.
 
Well it looks like I will be joining as the archer then. :)

Allow me to get caught up in the IC and then I will post a Char profile. May PM it to you first so we can hash it out.

Awesome, looking forward to it!

Thank you for joining us!

You can either post your profile to The OOC and then edit if necessary after the fact for approval, or PM it-- but if you PM it, make sure you put both mine and Varshanka's names in the "To" field so that we can both analyze it as co-GMs.

I am excite!
 
Okay let's see if I can get this right first go LOL.

Alter Ego - Connor Hawke

Alias - Green Arrow

Age - 18

Song 1: I will not Bow: Breaking Benjamin

Song 2: Hero: Skillet

Song 3: Zen meditation

Appearance - 5'9"
Green eyes
Blonde hair
Athletic Build.

latest


Personality - Connor is a troubled kid that is looking to understand his Father the original Green Arrow. While he idolizes his old man and wants to be like him, he can't understand his playboy ways or his womanizing. He is a student of Zen Buddhism and can be quite calm yet he is also ready to follow in his fathers crime fighting footsteps.

Gear (optional) - Connor carries a bow and a quiver of arrows, plus two wooden batons he uses in hand to hand fighting occasionally.

Power/ability - Connor has no powers but has been trained to the peak of human physical fitness.

He is a master of Akido and Kyudo Archery and is able to do both while blind.

Because of his Zen training Connor does sometimes receive Visions but these occur infrequently.

Weakness - Connor is still learning his craft and so will make the mistakes any rookie will.

Bio - Connor Hawke is the son of Oliver Queen and Sandra Hawke. As a child he was picked on because of his mixed heritage (1/4 Korean, 1/4 African American, 1/2 Caucasian). Connor had a volatile temper and had often fought back while his mother was unsure what to do with him. The only legacy he carried was what his mother had told him about his father, the hero known as the Green Arrow. She let him know that he was the illegitimate son of Oliver Queen and that she had loved his father.

Connor kept and read everything he could about his father. His single mother, "Moonday" had to find work and had difficulty raising Connor. Because of Connor's problems in school, Connor's mother decided to sign the papers allowing Connor to attend the same monastery that Oliver fled to for a brief time years before called the Ashram Monastery in the Napa Valley. Connor had requested to attend and asked his mother to let him go when he was thirteen years old. Moonday agreed. Master Jansen, the same monk who helped Oliver, raised Connor for the next five years in the Ashram. Through his schooling and training at the monastery, Connor spent all his efforts in becoming a student of Zen Buddhist philosophy, a master of Aikido, and a Kyudo archer. Still, as he tried to put all worldly thoughts out of his head, he still had a secret passion being a fan of his father's exploits and read every article, comic, and magazine based on his father's life and also keeping scrapbooks. One time, Master Jansen caught Connor reading a HEROES magazine featuring Green Arrow and knew that would be in Connor's destiny to follow in his fathers footsteps.

Now Connor is taking his first steps on that path, having made a uniform similar to his fathers and modifying a few of the monasteries own arrows, he has been sneaking out at night to fight crime on the streets of San Francisco. So far he has stuck to low level street crime, just like his father did when he started out, but he feels that he is almost ready to take on some of the heavy hitters.

Notes - Connor is trying to live up to the reputation of his father. He believes that the world still needs a Green Arrow and it is his job to fulfill that role. For some reason he does not believe that his father is dead, (Part of the clairvoyance of his Zen training) and that one day he will be able to meet him. At that time he wants his father to be proud of how he has carried on the name of the Green Arrow.

Aptitude & Powers

Intelligence
80/100

Strength
30/100

Speed
30/100

Durability
30/100

Power/Energy Projection
25/100

Combat
80/100
 
Last edited:
Aptitude & Powers

Intelligence
40/100

Strength
30/100

Speed
30/100

Durability
30/100

Power/Energy Projection
20/100

Combat
80/100

Okay, most of these look pretty right, as I understand Legend's scaling.

25 is peak human for speed, strength, durability, but if you're looking to edge him up into low-metahuman levels, then 30 would totally be fine for those.

Intelligence seems to have worked a little differently. Genius-level human intelligence seems to clock in at about 90, that's where Ruby and Damian are. If you want Connor to be Batman smart, that's where you'd put him. If you want him a little lower than that, high 80's? But I wouldn't put him higher than 90.

I would bump up his Power/Energy Projection to 30 or so, depending on whether you're going to be using trick arrows or not, or which trick arrows, as that stat can include gear and he can do a lot of damage with those things.

Based on Damian's profile, Combat seems to work like Intelligence, peak baseline human max is approximately 90, so 80's probably good for Connor just starting out. But he is destined to be one of the finest martial artists on 21st-Century Earth so that number will probably go up for him later.

(Karate Kid of The Legion of Superheroes probably has a Combat rating of 95 but that boy is just ridiculous.)

Lemme know what you think, but if you're cool with all of this then so am I!

Go ahead and be thinking about flashbacks and stuff to intro your character, we'll get you looped into the main plot hopefully very soon!
 
Okay will bump intelligence up and I think 80 is good. It will go higher as he learns more though.

Might bump up his power to mid 20s as it really depends on the type of arrow he uses but I think that would be a good average between them and his hand to hand combat abilities.
 
Okay will bump intelligence up and I think 80 is good. It will go higher as he learns more though.

Might bump up his power to mid 20s as it really depends on the type of arrow he uses but I think that would be a good average between them and his hand to hand combat abilities.

Sounds good to me!
 
I think it's time we blow this scene. Get everybody and the stuff together.

Turns out sometimes X actually does mark the spot.

Alter Ego - Milton Fine, PhD.

Alias - G.R.I.D. (or "Grid")

Age - 28

Appearance - Initially, Milton had dark brown hair, but since he's been changed, he suddenly has pale blond hair. He has blue eyes, prominent cheekbones, and a scar on one eyebrow he got during a particularly hairy archaeological escapade. He likes to dress respectably.

1QVEvGU.png

MFE3MV6.jpg


...the clothes, as they say, make the man.

xDDFfu8.jpg

Or in this case, remake the man.

Personality - Milton is every bit the eccentric professor.

His passion is xenoarchaeology-- the study of alien artifacts left behind on Earth by historical and prehistorical close encounters --and admittedly this is something of a niche corner of academia. He's actually gone on a handful of adventures around the world looking for traces of archaeological extraterrestrial visitations, and while he's met with only varying degrees of success up until now, he's earned an affectionate nickname as The Indiana Jones of Ancient Aliens.

But he's not solely devoted to the past. He's made a hobby of picking up the latest tech toys whenever he can-- sometimes he takes them apart to see how they tick, the rest of the time he just plays with them.

He's a bit timid and socially awkward, decidedly introverted. When he's not out looking for mysterious elements in Honduras or the like, he much prefers to be at home reading, or tinkering.

But get him talking about his passion or his hobby and he'll talk your ear off... almost becoming a little bit manic in his exuberance, much to the amusement of his students at the small-town Kansas university where he teaches. He can even squeak when he talks.

And give him a mystery to figure out, a tech bug to debug, a close encounter to debunk, he'll chase it to the ends of The Earth to figure it out.

Gear (optional) -
The G.R.I.D. Armor
3BsjQIZ.jpg


The Grid Armor enhances physical and sensory attributes of a compatible wearer considerably, boosting their existing strength, durability, agility, speed, and combat prowess. It's extremely sturdy, but it requires a great deal of mental and physical duress and focus in order to use it effectively-- and it can be damaged if dealt blows of sufficient amplitude. The armor can be dispersed to a pocket dimension at will when not in use and recalled by its wearer with a thought, though this will not recharge or repair it. Its rawmatter reservoir fuels the armor itself and give it an energy supply from which to draw ammunition for various energy beams and missile launchers, but when that reservoir is depleted it can only be recharged on The Mothership.

It possesses a vast array of shapeshifting configurations that give it extremely versatile weapons systems and abilities. Unfortunately, a great number of these systems are unavailable to Milton because he is still largely unfamiliar with The Grid Armor and its functions-- more will unlock as Milton progresses in quantifiable effectiveness towards the mission of rescuing Brainiac 2.0.

At this current time, G.R.I.D. has access to the following features:

Scan Visor: This helmet HUD gives Grid a schematic overlay of his surroundings, allowing him to perform in-depth analyses and perhaps isolate weak points in objects and enemies. It's not as comprehensive as full X-Ray vision or Infrared vision, but its intel can be extremely useful. This can also enable a limited degree of hacking of terrestrial computers to supplement G.R.I.D.'s existing technopathy.

Varia Plating: This barrier integration to the armor's external shell provides a great deal of resistance (though not immunity) to acidic attacks, extreme heat, and sub-zero cold.

Speed Booster: This allows Grid to run in extremely short bursts (a few seconds maximum) of up to 915 MPH, supersonic velocities. He is briefly protected by a kinetic force-aura so that he can plow into enemies and obstacles unscathed, but this too can only be used momentarily, lest it overtax the suit, the power cells, and the man inside.

Space Jump: This kinetigravitic slingshot system allows Grid to jump repeatedly, potentially indefinitely, in mid-air-- not strictly a flight system, but an ability to defy gravity to reach great heights nevertheless.

The Morph Ball: This utilizes mass-displacement reconfiguration technology to allow Grid to assume a gyroscopically-guided rolling spherical shape 0.8 meters in diameter. This allows Grid unconventional modes of movement and escape, as well as the ability to fit through small gaps.

Power Beam: The Grid Armor's right arm is a multipurpose cannon that, in this instance, taps the armor's internal rawmatter supply for quick bursts of plasmic energy, capable of bringing down any number of weaker opponents but relatively ineffective against those of superhuman durability.

Charged Plasma Beam: The Grid Armor can also take a few extra seconds to concentrate a ball of the plasmic energy emitted by the Power Beam, unleashing it to cause greater damage to foes and objects that the standard shots cannot hurt. This depletes the armor's rawmatter reserves more rapidly than the standard Power Beam. Can be adapted to charge any of Grid's other available beam weapons, though this has a coefficient of risk.

Wave Beam: This undulating tendril of energy can phase through a number of non-exotic physical materials like rock, steel, concrete, to effectively damage organic targets on the other side. It's harder to aim than the Power Beam or the Charge Beam, and it's less damaging than either, but its versatility makes it formidable. It uses rawmatter quicker than the Power Beam but not as quick as the Charged Plasma Beam.

Ice Beam: A cryonic siphon utilizing supercooled liquid nitrogen and a plasmic thermodynamic tether to instantly drain a target of heat, reducing them to near absolute zero. Most organic targets will become a frozen statue subject to shattering. If you wait long enough, these targets could thaw out, but it might not be pretty. This uses approximately the same amount of rawmatter as the Wave Beam.

Missile Launcher: By tapping into rawmatter reserves to craft physical ammunition, the Missile Launcher can create homing missiles that seek out targets isolated by the Scan Visor. They're slower than the various Beams but they can damage certain forcefields and materials that even the various Beams cannot, and their lock-on-and-seek capabilities are effective against more evasive targets. This depletes the rawmatter supply rapidly and must be used judiciously.

Super Missiles: By essentially fusing the Charge Beam with the Missile Launcher, G.R.I.D. can rapidly fire off seeking missiles that fly faster and do five times as much damage as the basic missile mode. This depletes the rawmatter supply even more rapidly than basic missiles, especially when used several times in quick succession.

The Mothership
Starship.jpg

GHKx2M5.png

The Mothership possesses weapons, sensors, life-support, and interstellar hyperspacial flight capability. G.R.I.D. can dock his armor inside the ship in order to automatically enable comprehensive repair systems and a rapid full recharge of the rawmatter reservoir.

The Grid Armor and The Mothership share a basic Artificially Intelligent Operating System (AIOS) that allows them to make decisions and carry out tasks related to achieving preprogrammed objectives. But without a sentient pilot, this functionality is limited.

Additionally, Lysl Dox installed a "Footstep" system based on the extremely rare meta-Vyrgan spacial displacement teleport effect, allowing it to jump short distances instantaneously without using conventional hyperspace. This allowed The Mothership to implant itself in the hidden caves beneath Smallville before Brainiac One could track it to Earth, and should enable it to depart the same way.

Unfortunately, The Mothership's Coluan-based technology would be extremely detectable to Brainiac One if utilized above bare-minimal levels and over longer distances, so it remains hidden on standby mode in the Kawatche Caves until such time as G.R.I.D. is ready to mount a rescue for Brainiac 2.0.

Power/ability - In order to find a viable wearer, The Grid Armor scanned latent metagenes and neuropsychic templates across the planet, and isolated Milton Fine as a suitable candidate. In activating his compatible metagene, it gave him a small array of superhuman properties to enable him to be better able to utilize the armor for its programmed purpose.

Milton has just above peak human strength, endurance, and agility. He heals very quickly. These enhancements allow him to undergo the physical stresses of wearing and utilizing the armor in high-stress situations (like the battlefield) without damaging himself severely, as a baseline human might do.

He has enhanced and accelerated senses that let him analyze his environment rapidly and efficiently. Coupled with The Grid Armor's internal HUD, this makes him an excellent realtime information resource for tactical maneuvers and the like.

He has a limited ability to communicate with Earth technology and navigate cyberspace technopathically. This ability becomes much more pronounced when he interacts with Coluan technology such as The Grid Armor and The Mothership, as his neurology and biology were redesigned so that he could issue instantaneous mental commands to the suit and ship.

His entire central nervous system, reflexes, and thought processes are extraordinarily enhanced, to the extent that he possesses a Tenth Level Intellect, just shy of the Twelfth Level Intellect (Cosmic Brain Trust, anyone?) displayed by true Brainiacs such as One and 2.0. This makes him smarter than just about any human being on the planet, though he is still inexperienced with this level of thinking and may not always know how to apply it.

Milton has also received an infodump of compressed extraterrestrial data and operating code-- an "install" of files required to utilize the armor. While he does not have conscious access to this information as yet, this gives him the subconscious ability to understand many alien languages, such as Interlac, and an instinctive ability to navigate interplanetary and interstellar distances in the absence of a dedicated navigational computer.

Weakness - Milton's greatest weaknesses are his personality and lack of experience-- he is not yet a hardened warrior-- and his distractability. On top of that, outside of his armor he is relatively physically vulnerable.

If the armor gets damaged, he does not possess the skills, tools, or knowledge to repair it beyond its limited internal autorepair functions, and he must return to The Mothership in order to repair and recharge and reload. Milton does not yet have access to all of the armor's features and powers, and must unlock further capabilities as he learns and grows into the role of G.R.I.D.

The Mothership, while powerful, has a unique power source and Coluan tech that would be easily detectable by Brainiac One if used more than a minimal amount. As a result, the ship is grounded for now in its subterranean cavern, a fallback position only but not a mobile gunship.

Bio - This story does not start with Milton Fine.

0j7iRvC.jpg


It starts with a woman named Lysl Dox-- also known as Brainiac 2.0. A female clone of Brainiac One, Vril Dox, Lysl was created by him to be his "lab assistant," and his go-between with the outside world to perform duties for which his Probes would not suffice. Brainiac One, of course, while a formidable physical powerhouse as well as being one of the foremost intellects in The Universe, prefers to remain in his biopod unsullied by the outside world.

Dissatisfied with her equal intellect being relegated to servitude and vehemently rejecting her neural programming to adhere to Vril's policies, Lysl swore to break free of him and assemble an organization that would oppose Brainiac's genocidal and totalitarian aims.

She got as far as creating her own protective armor-- intended as a portable version of Brainiac One's biopod-- and a ship by which she could travel the cosmos. But before she could make her escape, Brainiac One recaptured her and thrust her into cryostasis, preventing her from acting against him further until such time as he corrects the errors in her operating system. With one last gasp of technopathy before the stasis claimed her, Lysl activated her ship's emergency protocols-- and it departed without her into hyperspace.

Following its programming in the event of her capture, the ship and the armored suit-- called The Mothership and The Grid Armor, respectively-- sought out a compatible wearer for the armor to serve as Lysl's proxy and ultimately to retrieve and rescue her. This wearer would be called The Genetrix Retrieval Interactive Designate, or "G.R.I.D."

The Mothership found this replacement on Earth, scanning the human population to locate an individual with a latent metagene that could be activated to provide the necessary abilities to serve as a compatible wearer-- the ability to mentally communicate with onboard tech and survive the physical and mental stresses of operating the suit in hazardous scenarios, for instance.

And this replacement, this Designate-- was Milton Fine.

A doctor of xenoarchaeology at Central Kansas A&M University in Lowell County, Kansas-- right between Smallville and Topeka --Fine grew up in the small town eager, like many of his fellow townsfolk, to make his way in the big wide world. But something about Smallville kept bringing him back. Partly it was a desire to remain with familiar things. Partly it was the fascination with meteor strikes in the town over the years and the possibility of Ancient Alien influence on the local Kawatche tribes.

In particular, Fine built up a solid relationship with fellow CKU professor and Kawatche tribesman Joseph Willowbrook, gaining Fine access to underground caves engraved with mysterious glyphs that seemed to be from another planet.

Even once Willowbrook passed away, Fine continued to visit the caves-- they became like a sacred space to him, a place that he could go to reassure himself of his calling and seek out the mysteries of life on other planets adding to the richness of the history of this Earth. He even attempted to follow what seemed like clues in the glyphs, tried to follow trails to artifacts in The Middle East and Honduras, to little avail.

But one night scarcely weeks ago, when he had been sitting at home playing Fallout and quietly angsting about his lack of academic success, he decided to return to the caves to try and center himself again.

And when he got there, he found a gleaming purple spacecraft waiting for him, embedded in the rock as though it had been there for thousands of years as the caves formed around it, though shining and new as though it had just flown out of spacedock that very morning... and it certainly hadn't been there yesterday. It was an impossible thing, his heart leaped into his throat at this... validation...

...in the next instant, an emerald beam stabbed from the undercarriage of the craft and struck him in the heart.

Vistas of information opened in his mind, vast unfathomable data-nodes, his brain evolving new structures just to cope with the processing... his body rippled green... his hair turned from dark brown to golden blond...

...behind his eyes, he saw Interlac script scroll by in greens and purples, explaining his new mission objectives...

He was to preserve the freedoms of sentients in the galaxy.

He was to become fully versed in the use of the armor's vast capabilities.

And most of all... he was to seek out the place in The Universe that Brainiac One had Lysl Dox imprisoned, and free her that she might bring him down once and for all.


...even as he fell to his knees under the genetic restructuring, he felt himself grow... stronger...

...and he knew his world would never ever be the simpler place it once had been.

Notes - Green numbers below are Milton's metahuman enhancements while not wearing The Grid Armor. Purple are with the armor on.

Aptitude & Powers

Intelligence
95-95/100

Strength
30-40/100 (maximum)

Speed
30-40(60 for short bursts with Speed Booster)/100 (maximum)

Durability
30-60/100 (maximum)

Power/Energy Projection
30-55/100

Combat
25-75/100
 
Last edited:
Varshanka, I worked with Zet_Cross on this profile to bring his concept into our world, mashing up a "male successor to Samus Aran" with elements that exist in DC.

Will you give it a look over and see if it conflicts with anything or if you have any nits to pick?
 
OK read the IC and see everyone is now gathered in the new JL building built by Luthor. I can either write a post with a lot of backstory concerning time in San Fran and then turn up out the front. Or wait until next arc starts and do the same but somehow battle the villains and end up wherever the main group is.

Suggestions?
 
OK read the IC and see everyone is now gathered in the new JL building built by Luthor. I can either write a post with a lot of backstory concerning time in San Fran and then turn up out the front. Or wait until next arc starts and do the same but somehow battle the villains and end up wherever the main group is.

Suggestions?

Do your flashback and intro stuff, but don't have him turn up in Metropolis.

I'm hoping for a couple more posts of character interaction from the original group at this meeting. Then we'll timeskip a few days and start the next arc. Once that battle starts, Connor will be able to engage enemies in San Francisco and then join the team in their efforts at the heart of the problem elsewhere. There's more details in one of the PMs I sent you.
 
If, however, no-one's feeling this scene, not so much interested in having characters get to know each other a little, I can summarize events and then cue the timeskip?

Or would people prefer to hash it out rather than my handwaving past all of this? I don't want anyone else to get bored and leave.
 
Varshanka, I worked with Zet_Cross on this profile to bring his concept into our world, mashing up a "male successor to Samus Aran" with elements that exist in DC.

Will you give it a look over and see if it conflicts with anything or if you have any nits to pick?

Strength seems low, but I don't play that particular game so I have no basis with which to judge.
 
Out of the suit, he should be 30, which is basically Captain America.

Then in the suit, he's 40, which is 20 tons based on Legend's scale-- and that should be Cyborg-level.

Stronger than Samus is in the games, I think, but good for our purposes because this "Samus" is our group's Cyborg.

If that makes sense.
 
Is it to late to still join the thread? It seems like a interesting concept. I must admit I'm not the most educated on the DC universe, although I know a bit. Mostly from the shows though...
 
Last edited:
Is it to late to still join the thread? It seems like a interesting concept. I must admit I'm not the most educated on the DC universe, although I know a bit. Mostly from the shows though...

Hey, this is actually a pretty good time to hook on because we're about to kick off a new arc with a wide scope. And I'm totally open to all levels of DC familiarity-- this universe is reinventing a lot of concepts, after all, and I'm perfectly happy to explain anything you don't grok.

What sort of character concept would you like to pitch? I saw a previous edit of your post had something about a Raven derivative? If you let us know what sort of thing you're looking to play, Var and I would be happy to try and help you make that work!

Do you have experience RPing in this sort of forum before? Not a dealbreaker by any means, but I was curious if I could take a peek if you'd written elsewhere on Lit under another screen name or whatever, maybe get a feel for your writing style? If not, I can roll with that!
 
I've edited into G.R.I.D.'s profile a bit about his being able to dismiss the armor to a pocket dimension when not in use and then recall it when needed.

Varshanka, did you have any quibbles with that besides the strength numbering, or does G.R.I.D. meet your official approval?
 
I may add Raven (Teen Titans) to the mix...

I'm definitely open to the idea!

Might be interesting to see the interplay between her demonic background and The Rider's spirit of vengeance.

A few posts ago, a new user named Ch3shireGrin posted that they were interested in a Raven-inspired character before they edited their post to simply say that they didn't know as much about comics as some people. But if they don't reply again soon with a concept to pitch, I don't see any reason why you couldn't take up that role!
 
Kiz the Summoner

Alter Ego - Kiz the Summoner

Alias - Void Binder

Age - In absolute terms, 26,978 years have passed traveling between planes of existence. In relativistic terms its been 4,699. Kiz looks fit somewhere between thirties and forties.

Appearance - He is rugged with a bald head, dark eyes, and a hard face. His body is tattooed (see below) and muscled. He wears a fur trench coat, leather pants, and a pair of boots.

Kiz tosses on his coat.

Personality - He is a hard man with a fierce pride and an ego a mile wide. He is soft spoken and slow to anger. He is used to getting his way, tracking down menaces across worlds and prevailing against all odds. His life doesn’t allow him to set down roots, but he has acquaintances spread across worlds. He gets bored talking to his prisoners, so he enjoys the company of interesting people. He is a mixture between the dark brooding “Clint Eastwood Gunslinger” and a more easy going but strict “John Wayne the City Sherif.” He does have incredible integrity and honesty; he never lies or hesitates to do what must be done. He is a man of strategy and patiences, both on the field and off. He enjoys games of strategy and reading about military philosophy.

Gear
Leather pants and boots.
Shroud of the Cave Bear, an oversized fur trench coat that covers his entire body with an enveloping collar. It is a minor void binding resulting in a utility "magical" item that is proof against most weather and environments, plus in a pinch he call forth the Cave Bear, which mainly he uses as a bed or mount to convey him around places with panache.

Power/Ability
Kiz is a Void Binder, which many call a Summoner. He differs from what most think of as a "summoner" in that he doesn’t casually conjure spirits for personal gain. Instead, he binds evil spirits and nightmares to his body to imprison them upon his flesh. In doing so, he gains the ability to use them when deemed necessary. They reside within a pocket dimension within his soul, where he can then call them forth to do battle for him.

In addition, Kiz possesses the ability to teleport within line of sight. He is long lived with a finite but countless life span. His body is hearty and strong, but possess only above human endurance and healing. He can move between planes of existence such as Earth, Gemworld, Faerie, the Shadowlands, and others by way of Zerox, the Sorcerer’s World. He has vast experience and knowledges around survival, hunting, and the occult due to his old age. He’s picked up little bits of many things through his travels. He has been trained in the art of warfare by a few of his prisoners. With their superhuman understanding of the art of killing others coupled with his long life, he is very skilled with combat.

Weakness - Mortal body. Unlike most heroes, he’s the weakest link amongst his arsenal.

Bio
Kiz started life in a small village in Gemworld. He and his friends made a pact to make something of themselves and re-assemble in ten years. Kiz lacked most abilities his friends had. He wasn’t born to the village’s mayor, guilder, general, or sorcerer. Instead, his mother was long gone and his father a middling skilled hunter. Kiz left the village and took to trading. He wandered using his father’s training in wilderness survival to forage as he made his way through the country side. He was looking for a way into the merchant class, perhaps a peddler of fur or other goods.

He found his way to the Fair Lands. Having fallen asleep in a Fairy Ring of toadstools, he awoke in another world. The passage between realms carved an etch into his soul. A pocket dimension grew there in his soul. Void Binders are rare, but those of the Fair Lands have long memories. They recognized the gaping hole in his soul.

It wasn’t until he found his way to the Unseelie in the nightmare corners of the Fair Lands that Kiz gained initiation as a Void Binder. The primal faeries of darkness required his help in conquering an Armageddon threatening to consume them and then the rest of the Faerie. That doom was the all consuming Nadeau, an endless nightmare of ravens descending like locusts upon the dark courts. Kiz entered their nightmare amongst their endless hunger of that dark horde and prevailed. He emerged with his back covered from left hamstring to just below his neck in black raven tattoos.

From their he wrestled for centuries with their madness and hunger. It left him broken and ruined. Until he was brought to Zerox and initiated into the deepest rites of Void Binding. He was taught to forge his will until it was unbreakable, strengthen his body, and craft his Prison. His Prison is a pocket dimension within his soul were those he captures reside until called upon to do his will.

Over time he's wandered the different worlds hunting or being called upon to destroy or imprison the worst, most destructive entities imaginable. He doesn't always capture and imprison, as he has limited real estate on his body to work with. More often then not, given the option to take someone in dead or alive, he is forced to kill, maim, or permanently incapacitate.

As the leaders of Zerox have been tracking the escalating dangers that Earth is facing, Kiz has been tasked to evaluate if his presence is required to help right the ship. In addition, Kiz has been tracking down prophecies and legends propagating through the final words whispered by the dying that the Necromancer maybe returning. The Necromancer almost succeeded in turning the Green into the White several centuries ago, a place of constant winter and death. Kiz and the help of the last Druid managed to avert that fate, but their victory was not complete. Killing the Necromancer was impossible, so Kiz sough to Void Bind, but before he could finish the remnants of the Necromancer had escaped. As his greatest failure, Kiz maintains a vigil for the inevitable return of the Necromancer.


Notes TBD

Aptitude & Powers

Intelligence
70/100 - Smart through lots of experience and trials.

Strength
30/100 - Above human but below meta-human.

Speed
30/100 - Above human but below meta-human.

Durability
30/100 - Above human but below meta-human, including his Long Life.

Power/Energy Projection
100/100 - Based on all of his tattoos and abilities.

Combat
90/100 - Based upon all of his tattoos and abilities.

Inner Sanctum Kiz’s pocket dimension is a gloomy place of gothic trees and dead grass bordered by a large, wrought iron fence. In the heart is an old keep surrounded by a vast swampy lake. The keep is built around a single vast tree, inaccessible inside of which is Kiz’s refuge and sanctum. The sanctuary is a small apartment like complex carved throughout the vast tree. Those windows amongst the branches of the tree show the gun metal grey skies and bleak surrounds where his prisoners dwell. However, it isn't actually possible to leave the tree. There is a vine inlaid door that connects to whatever doorway (defined by a portal within a frame) was used to enter the sanctuary. The entryway is a courtyard with a beautiful fountain, several hammocks, a skylight that lets in twilight, and small apple trees and berry bushes. Such food can satiate ones hunger and fountain ones thirst, but only for about three days until a gnawing desire to consume something real sets in. The area is roughly a thirty foot in diameter sphere. There are five formal bedrooms with antechambers. However they are never used by Kiz and are currently cluttered with junk from his travels. Most of the stuff is mementos, books, and odd "antiques" from distant lands. He has a reserve of money under two of the beds in the form of several smallish chests. There is an elaborate jewelry box in the master bedroom.

Body and Creatures
Shanker, Shadow Dragon ((right foot, leg, shoulder and left hand))
Jormungand the All Serpent was fathered from a god, whose poison kills all things and whose home is shadow and deepest ocean. It is a tattooed of a coiled purple snake from right foot, leg, across shoulder and ends in the palm of his left hand.

When summoned, it has the ability to create concealing darkness, enveloping coldness, and consume all nearby sound. Jormungand possess vast wealth, but as part of the pact is not required to bring it or provide it. Jormungand in its true form looks like a large purple snake-dragon. Jormungand travels at great speed through water and can breath beneath it without problem. Jormungand spews caustic poison and his bite is fatal to most beings. Jormungand loves to consume and swallow things, and if left unchecked could devour cities.

Jormungand can be forced into a much more manageable form, one which Jormungand prefers as it allows the majority of itself to remain unconstrained and present with its vast wealth beneath the lake in the Prison. In this minor form, Jormungand appears as a purple snake that can move without sound through shadows with a poisonous bite fatal to mortals and weak meta-humans.

Jormungand enjoys quiet. Its very old and nearly senile or at least gets confused easily. It also hates the name Jormungand, and is an easy way to enrage the beast to rampant destruction. That is why Kiz uses the name "Shanker."

Habitat: He inhabits most of the lake and the entire, cavernous underground beneath the keep. His vast wealth of rare metals, priceless jewels, and legendary weapons packed into every crevice.

Tanha, Souless Fae Queen ((over his heart))
The image of her naked upon upon his chest, clothed in thorns and grasping a lily entangled with pale thorns right above his heart.

Tanha was a great Unseelie Queen. Her kind are called the Fair Folk and they hunt humans for sport. Her skin is porcelain, and her body sculpted perfection. She is skilled in seducing men and manipulating their hearts with her body. She can create weapons and minor gear from the Dreaming using her glamor and gossamer. She prefers stalking her victims with a spear. She understands the human anatomy and can manipulate it to create dreams and nightmares that persist upon the human body. It is an intimate act that requires her concentration and so is limited to one or two humans within her vision. Kiz has used her to patch wounds in the past but only as a last resort as her definition of healthy doesn’t match up to a human’s definition.

As a minor power, she doesn’t posses an alternate form. She spends most of her time relaxing in a large, lavish suite in the keep.

Qayin and Havel, The Twins ((either side of torso))
One is on either side of his torso. They are full plate mailed paladin looking death knights. Qayin wields a wicked two-handed spear. Havel wields a huge shield and sword.

They are death knights, wicked undead creatures who have broken sacred vows. Qayin can control and create local ice and wind such as a small blizzard. Havel can awaken nearby ghosts and undead to serve him temporarily.

If Kiz desires, he can conjure forth just Qayin’s spear or Havel’s shield. The spear is barbed ice, inflecting terrible frost bite upon contact. The shield is proof against most necromancy and melee damage.

Habitat: They prowl along the ramparts of his keep, never coming into contact with each other.
Qayin looks more like a monstrous troll barely contained in his armor, while Havel is more human and regal looking.

Nadeau, (the horde) ((entire back))
They take up his entire back from the top edge of his left thigh to the edge of Shanker.

As one of the greatest powers in the realms, they are difficult to contain once unleashed. They are a million nightmarish ravens hungering for flesh and power. They devour all things in their path like locusts. Their talons are razors and beaks like scalpels. They fly and have keen vision.

If Kiz has need of them, he almost always summons them in their alternative, more manageable form as Thirteen Ravens.The Thirteen are larger and more princely than the entire horde as they represent the best and worst. They are difficult to spot in darkness, able to fly and scout. Killing them does risk the wraith of the entire Nadeau, so Kiz prefers to only use them as scouts. In combat each one equates to one or two ninjas worth of destruction.

Habitat: The skeletal trees and gunmetal skies surrounding his keep.

The Princes Five ((left foot to calf))
They take up his left foot up to the calf.

They are a minor power. The are princes of vermin looking like normal rats but smarter, bigger, and able to call forth others of their kind to form a mundane swarm of vermin. Useful for distraction and engaging normal or weak meta-humans. They are most useful as ground scouts and thieves. As a minor power, they do not have an alternative form.

Habitat: They enjoy scurrying throughout his castle.

Serrah, Chimera ((shoulders))
She perches upon his shoulders as a tattoo.

Serra is a chimera, with a banded body comprised of a huge lion and monsterous goat. Both the golden and white furs from the heads trail and end in the breasts of a woman. One forepaw and rear paw is a lions and the other half a goats. Scaled wings wrap around the long, lean flank of the beast and its wicked tail is the face of a serpent dripping acid venom.

Serra is a fierce guardian of things and serves as a flying mount. She has very keen senses and is an amalgam of fighting an angry lion, insane goat, and angry snake at once that is resistant to most mundane forms of damage.

Serra’s alternate form is a winged tabby cat. She’s mostly useful for petting and looking cute, which is at odds with how hideously ugly she is in her true form.

Habitat: She lives amongst the ramparts of his castle. She spends much of her time sleeping or soaring over his territory.

Lashing Staff ((right hand))
It is a tattoo of writhing tentacles all over his right hand.

The Lashing Staff is twenty foot pit from which writhing, purple tentacles emerge. They constrict and attempt to destroy anything they touch. They are really an insane demon that lost its identity but not its purpose. They like to hold and pull apart things and have a fifteen foot reach. They are resistant to damage and regenerate within seconds when damaged. They don't like to leave the pit the live in and that pit has become part of their identity, so it comes with them when they are summoned...which can distort reality to accommodate their manifestation.

Kiz prefers their alternative form and most often uses it for its utility. It is a long handled flail, but instead with writhing, saw-like tentacles three feet in length. They lend both strength and immovability to the wielder. The tentacles can grasp and lift around a thousand pounds. Coupled with the power that Kiz is immune to being moved against his will (e.g. knocked down or picked up), this makes for his most often used combat weapon. He might supplement it with Havel's Shield when extra defense is required.

Habitat: In his world, they inhabit a dark pit filled with constantly writhing tentacles. They prefer the quiet and peace afforded to them.

Open Body Parts
His lower, front torso.
Left thigh.
Right Arm.
Face, but that's a very dangerous binding.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top