Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two new additions to the household today. :D

No, the wife didn't give birth to twins. We drove four hours to Dallas to pick up a pair of kittens.

Mind you, we already have a black-and-white cat that apparently only loves me, a full-bred (but mentally challenged) chihuahua that was a rescue pet, and a 20-pound "was supposed to be a chihuahua but holy hell can he run and jump" something-or-other.

Now we are the proud owners/parents of a pair of Bengal/Maine Coon kittens. They are brother and sister, and we got them from a rescue shelter for a grand total of $75.

If you have never heard of a Bengal cat, allow me to educate: these cats come about as the result of a breeding between a specific Asian leopard and a domestic cat. You end up with a very large cat that is feral in appearance and docile in temperament.

Now, take a Bengal and breed it with a Maine Coon, which is also a fairly large domestic cat. The result?

In our case, a couple of incredibly cute, cuddly, playful, and, eventually, very big pillows on legs.

I hope my wife knows what she's gotten us into. :p

Two new additions to the household today. :D

No, the wife didn't give birth to twins. We drove four hours to Dallas to pick up a pair of kittens.

Mind you, we already have a black-and-white cat that apparently only loves me, a full-bred (but mentally challenged) chihuahua that was a rescue pet, and a 20-pound "was supposed to be a chihuahua but holy hell can he run and jump" something-or-other.

Now we are the proud owners/parents of a pair of Bengal/Maine Coon kittens. They are brother and sister, and we got them from a rescue shelter for a grand total of $75.

If you have never heard of a Bengal cat, allow me to educate: these cats come about as the result of a breeding between a specific Asian leopard and a domestic cat. You end up with a very large cat that is feral in appearance and docile in temperament.

Now, take a Bengal and breed it with a Maine Coon, which is also a fairly large domestic cat. The result?

In our case, a couple of incredibly cute, cuddly, playful, and, eventually, very big pillows on legs.

I hope my wife knows what she's gotten us into. :p

LOL, I just posted piccies of the cat we are going to get next week in Naked.
:heart::cathappy:

LOL, I just posted piccies of the cat we are going to get next week in Naked.
:heart::cathappy:

Ooo . . . yours look evil. Mine are cute. :p

Just kidding, although it does come to mind the way cats have been portrayed throughout history as guardians of the dead, harbingers of doom, and stealers of souls. Alas, I think I digress.

Haven't any pictures just yet of the little cretins. My wife has them all on her phone. I'll have her email them to me so I can crop and upload them.

Our new additions are named Lotus (the girl) and Bombay (the boy). We felt the names fitting since, supposedly, they are only one generation removed from their northeastern Indian roots.

Bombay has already proven himself to be a little rascal. Lotus, on the other hand, is content to curl up in a furry little ball.

Dragons in the Kitchen, John ?
More like kitchens in the Dragon round here.

Damps, dear, may I suggest a little more water with the gin ?

Lost your effing glasses! Remember how much they cost?!! And how long I had to spend choosing them out for you! Oh yeah, the JOINT account insurance might pay for them - that one that I (who earns least) am paying out double the account fee charges for, for some reason. :rolleyes: Don't ask me in the same beer-laden breath that you are using to tell me you lost several hundred pounds worth of glasses how the household finances are doing, cuz I will effing tell you in two words of one syllable each that start with eff and end with eff!

I am very proud in general of my three boys, but of the eldest two in particular today. Both played cracking games of rugby against strong teams this morning in what may well be their last matches this season.

Much as I often moan about my Sundays being ruled by the RFU, I shall miss watching them over the summer, particularly as they've both developed as players so much this season...

I am very proud in general of my three boys, but of the eldest two in particular today. Both played cracking games of rugby against strong teams this morning in what may well be their last matches this season.

Much as I often moan about my Sundays being ruled by the RFU, I shall miss watching them over the summer, particularly as they've both developed as players so much this season...

Hey Steve, that's great! I know how you've anxsted over their development this season. I hope the boys appreciate all the support you've put in! LOL.
:rose:

My youngest granddaughter had to demonstrate her flexibility by scratching her ears with her toes - with both feet at once. Her mother showed me that she could still touch her nose with her toes.

Then my wife added insult to injury by copying her daughter. She couldn't quite match her granddaughter but came close.

I can barely touch my toes with my hands. Cutting my toenails is a major contortion that requires planning and a considerable recovery period. But while I can, I will, even if I suffer some transient pain.

But when the women of my family show their flexibility - I feel ancient.

Again.

I was doing lateral pull downs at the gym when on the fifth repetition of my third set my vision went black and I had to stop my workout completely. What the fuck? I know my workouts have been a little lackluster lately due to the change of seasons and some mild to moderate depression, but this is just ridiculous.

I was doing lateral pull downs at the gym when on the fifth repetition of my third set my vision went black and I had to stop my workout completely. What the fuck? I know my workouts have been a little lackluster lately due to the change of seasons and some mild to moderate depression, but this is just ridiculous.

TGP, you must go for a checkup. We will be on your case until we hear you did, so you should book it in today.

What does 'keep in touch' mean? :confused: I'm just so bad at decoding verbal cues. :rolleyes:

Oh Dampie. If that was me, I'd be saying: Well, you have bad taste! and skipping off to someone-else. But were there physical cues? Bit of a kiss on the cheek before the keep in touch comment? That might genuinely mean, keep in touch. Anyway, I'd say: You keep in touch. I've got a lot of flirting to get on with and don't have the time.
:rose:

I'm getting lots of emails offering nubile single Russian women. Unfortunately they're to my other hotmail account, the demure mommy lady's address. I suppose if I go along to the schoolgate with my arm wrapped round a sexy Russian lady my cover will be blown. :rolleyes:

Wo jo muskurate they, jo kisi ko khwabon mein, apne paas paate they
Unki neend tooti hai... Aur hain wo ab tanha

I'm getting lots of emails offering nubile single Russian women. Unfortunately they're to my other hotmail account, the demure mommy lady's address. I suppose if I go along to the schoolgate with my arm wrapped round a sexy Russian lady my cover will be blown. :rolleyes:

For sale, rent, or marriage?

Just wondering . . . .

Shall I forward one? Er, email I mean. (Natasha, get off my lap!)

Natasha? I think I dated her at one time? Tell her I said "hi". :rolleyes:

Ok, no energy drinks for me after 8pm. Was useless in keeping me up to get any writing done. But sure gave me some strange nightmares. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back