You are MINE (closed)

Most don't see past the killer. I am glad you did.

She smiled reaching to grab a couple of towels off the little shelf by the sink.
 
Greg laughed at Gabriella's "killer" line.

"I didn't know you were a killer when I originally asked you out. When I found out, I found myself unable to back out of my invitation. I'm glad I couldn't. Tell me, pretty girl, how many people have seen you cry?"

He stepped into the shower, starting the water and getting it to a reasonable temperature as he waited for Gabriella to join him, wondering if she'd answer his question. However, he knew if she'd admit such a thing to anyone, it'd be him...
 
A few... Mostly way too many of mom's slimeball drag ins like Vince

She shrugged and stepping in the shower curled close to him.
 
When Greg heard Gabriella's answer to his question, he felt like shit for bringing it up. He hadn't meant for her to go that far back, but she had, and it was a blow to her he hadn't intended.
He was relieved that she didn't take the opportunity to retreat into herself, glad, even though he could be an idiot, that she came to him for comfort.

Once she climbed in and attempted to share his skin, he realized he had no desire to wash. He just wrapped his arms around his tougher-than-nails girlfriend. Moments like this reminded him that to a great extent, her tough girl attitude was merely a shell against such vulnerability as she currently displayed.

Greg just held Gabriella silently, letting the warm water cascade over them both. He hated that he needed to go to work, but it was necessary.

With the shower pouring over him, he spoke into Gabriella's hair, "The only way Braddock's going to lose this sister is if this cop has already taken the bullet meant for her, and lays dead on the floor."
 
She just curled into him more and let the warmth of him and the water sooth her.

It won't come to that... It can't...
 
He stroked Gabriella's damp hair. "I'll sure as hell try to take as many with me as I can if it does."
 
Last edited:
She stepped back from him shaking.

It won't... It can't...

Staring deep into his eyes hoping the water on her face hid tears.
 
The fear in Gabriella's eyes at the idea of his demise was even scarier than her tough girl face. Just when he thought he'd seen the frightened little girl she kept locked away inside an iron shell, the shell cracked and let more of her out.

The water sluicing over then washed away the tears, but there was no hiding the redness in her eyes. It could have been lack of sleep, but Greg was willing to bet that wasn't all of it.

Gently taking her face in his hands, he placed his lips against hers and kissed long and hard. "Don't worry. I don't intend on letting bastards like Vince and Callis take me down. I've got too goddamn much to live for right here."
 
She pressed into the kiss content for the moment as she hugged him.

We better get cleaned up before the water gets too cold.
 
"Yeah, I'll need to get on my way pretty soon, unfortunately.'" Greg kissed Gabriella one more time and started to clean up.

When he was finished, he stepped aside to let Gabriella shower, too. He just stood and admired her shapely body while she washed. He knew he ought to get ready for work, but the vision before him was too hypnotic to leave at that point.
 
She quickly got washed and ready to get out.

You are going to be late for work
 
Greg smiled. "Maybe so, but the view's so worth it."

That said, I did finally step out of the shower and began toweling off.

"Besides," he said as he dried his hair, "I wanted to be able to tuck you in. You need sleep. If we're going to war, you're going to want to be rested."
 
Fine I will get some sleep.

She toweled off and walked over to the bed completely naked and moving g the covers to lay down.
 
Greg watched Gabriella obediently slip between the covers, and he gave a sigh, wishing he could slide in beside her, but duty was calling.

Pulling the covers up to her chin, he leaned down and gave her a little kiss. "Sleep well, beautiful. I'll give you a call this afternoon to tell you what I find out."

He then began getting dressed. He was going to get shit for wearing the same suit two days in a row, but fuck 'em. If they only had the slightest idea...

By the time he was dressed, Gabriella was asleep. Greg retrieved her phone from the desk and placed it on the nightstand beside her, so she wouldn't have to get up, if she was still in bed when he called.

Before he left, he placed one more kiss on her forehead, then left the room as quietly as possible, being sure to place the "do not disturb" on the door. He then headed for the elevator and work...

***

A familiar, sinister figure watched Greg exit the room. It then waited a few minutes after the elevator carried him to the lobby before silently and calmly walking down the hall, stopping at the door the cop had just emerged from.

Taking a key card from his pocket, he slid it down the reader and heard the lock disengage. Quietly, he entered the room and closed the door behind him.

For a few seconds, he stood inside the door, letting his eyes get used to the gloom. A sliver of light penetrated the seam where the curtains came together, giving just enough light to see.

Stepping into the room, he saw his Gaby girl, sleeping like a baby. A few more steps brought him inches from the bed. Kneeling, he got his face close enough he could feel her slow, steady breath on his skin.

After several seconds, he rose, going to the desk and pulling the rolling char as quietly as possible across the floor, beside the bed. Sitting quietly, he merely watched Gabriella sleep.

This went on for over an hour. He never said a word, never touched her. Finally, he rose, rolled the chair back to its place, and turned to leave.

He stopped, going back to Gabriella's side. Picking up her phone, he turned it on, but was stopped by her passcode. He tried several times to get into it, but wasn't able to do so. He thought, 'I could take it with me. I could see who she's been talking with, but she'd notice it was gone.'

Placing the phone back on the table, he let himself out and disappeared tro where he'd come from...
 
Several hours later a group text was delivered to Gabriella and Greg from Braddock. He was in town and sweeping Gabby's place revealed that they had gotten them all. He would sweep Greg's place whenever they wanted him too.

A separate text to Greg that one of their contacts in town confirmed being hired to bug a couple of locations by hired by a "concerned father" scared for his daughter. Never any face to face everything was delivered or picked up by anonymous courrier. Needless to say that contact has paid for what they did. Kinda hard to run an illegal business from the ICU.

Gabriella used that text as an alarm clock and heading home she quickly grabbed a few things and got changed sharing a quick drink and a hug with her little brother before going to work.
 
Greg got inundated at work as soon as he walked through the door, so it was afternoon before he had a chance to inquire about Vince and Callis.

Callis and his men were in holding cells, but Greg's blood ran cold when he was informed that Vince was no longer in custody.

At first, he was reluctant to let Gabriella know. but then the text came in: Braddock saying he was in town.

She had to know, so he called. This was not a text matter.
 
Her phone rang as she had a drink with her brother.

Hey lover what's up?

She sounded a little happier with Braddock there.
 
The lilt in Gabriella's voice hadn't been there since they'd visited her family. Fuck. He hated to throw a blanket over her happiness, but it had to be done.

"Vince is free," he said, not bothering to make an attempt at easing the news to her.
 
Okay... So a war on two fronts... Okay... We got this. Braddock is here at my place and I am headed to work. A little early now. Love you Greg see you tonight.

She hung up the phone kissed Braddock on the cheek and took off for work an entire arsenal hidden in her outfit and boots.
 
Gabriella wasn't exavtly happy with his news, but the tone she used made it sound like she wasn't exactly surprised, either. Greg was sure that part of her nonchalance was because she had backup, and backup that wasn't quite so restrained by rules as he was. It wasn't going to kerp him from doing everything in his power to protect her, he just knew that trying to adhere to the law tied his hands at times.

Of course, knowing Gabriella, she was going to be prepared, with every sense as heightened as it could be. If she went down, he knew she'd do everything she could to bring her attacker dosn with her. Plus, if it was Vince, she'd eviscerate, then think about asking questions later.
 
Suspicion confirmed. Vince is still too connected or something to stay in custody so... I gotta get to work keep an eye out oh and since they know you are my little brother and staying with me. They will want to give food and ask questions and their youngest grandson expects to be picked up. He loves hugs.

She smiled to Braddock as he nodded and she took off for work.
 
Greg made it through the rest of his day, wondering just how Gabriella was faring. He was sure having Braddock close by was a relief, but even he couldn't be everywhere.

On the way to Lance's, Greg swung by Gabriella's. He wasn't sure how he'd be received, but once Braddock knew it was him, he opened the door readily.

A handshake and a quick hug told Greg he was under no suspicion from Gabriellla's brother.

"I just wanted to let you know," Greg started, "I wasn't exactly for having you guys here, but I have to admit, I'm glad you came. It means a lot to Gabriella, and the extra set of hands will help."

He chatted with Braddock for a few minutes, but they really hadn't gotten chummy when he'd gone to visit, so the conversation got really awkward, really fast. Finally, Greg made his excuses, thanking Braddock for his help one more time, then headed for Lance's.

***

Lance was actually surprised Gabriella didn't call in, after the night before. Even crazier, she seemed more comfortable than she had when he saw her last. He had little doubt she was armed to the teeth, but he wondered, with as tight as her clothes always were, where she hid her weapons...
 
She saw that there was no one else in the bar but the two of them. Grabbing his tie without word or thought she dragged Lance to his office and throwing him in.

Kneel... Now!
 
Typically, there was at least one die-hard who parked his (or her) ass at the bar, and didn't leave until they were kicked out. This time, it was weirdly empty. The couple waitresses tried like hell to look busy, but they were running out of things to do.

Lance sat at the bar with a glass of water. Ever since Dallis and his boys came around, Lance felt like he ought to make himself more of a presence, rather than spending so much time in his office. The paperwork was already done for the week, so all that'd have to be done was tonight's shit, and he'd be set. He could have had one of the girls in blowing him or riding his cock, but he'd had both them already, and while that wasn't usually an excuse not to go for round two, he was taking a brief break.

When Gabriella stepped through the door, she glanced around, saw there was pretty much nobody there, and got a weird smirk on her face.

Lance was about to tell her to sit down and take a load off, when she grabbed his tie and hauled his ass toward the office. He wasn't used to being manhandled like this, even from the woman he wanted most, but there wasn't really a whole hell of a lot he could do at the moment - well, there was: he outweighed her by at least double, and was undoubtedly stronger than she was - and besides, he was curious as to what the fuck she was up to.

Gabriella threw open the office door and gave Lance a shove. He stumbled against the desk as she closed and locked the door. Lance had just gotten himself on both feet when Gabriella commanded, "Kneel..." and when he didn't comply immediately, she barked, "Now!"

Lance wasn't used to being ordered like this - at least, not anymore. Then, he recalled the previous one-on-one they'd had, and wondered if she wasn't expecting for this to be something of the same. Then he had to remember, he'd more-or-less volunteered to let her "teach" him whatever the fuck she thought it was he needed to learn.

For a few more seconds, his chin went up and his eyes hardened. The words, "Go fuck yourself," stood on the tip of his tongue. However, rather than letting them loose, he kept his mouth shut and lowered himself to the floor, eyes locked defiantly on the gorgeous woman before him...
 
Compliance was not entirely what she expected as she turned staring down at him. More than actively realizing she had backhanded him she felt it connect firmly across his face. That was for Vince and the original fiasco. She could feel the rage... Feel it turning cold to bury any lingering fear of Vince.

She didn't care if the servers heard her or what was going on in the office. In fact there was very little she cared about right now. Vince was in town Callis was in town and she was a ruthless bitch of a cold blooded killer dating a cop so smacking around Vince would have to suffice.
 
Back
Top