Sailer's Cove

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course...and I hope you'll be around. :rose:

And all the other wonderful people who stop by, there are so many!

You know really, I'm touched by all the people who say hi here.

And by the number of posts...I can't believe it...11,000...WTF...don't you people have better things to do??? ;) :confused: :eek: :D

I'm not sure there ARE much better things to do around here than stop by and leave kisses for the sweetest lech on Lit. :kiss::rose::heart:

Since this thread will probably be closed by the time I get back, I'm going to post what will likely be my last post here.

The sun begins to set slowly over the hills surrounding this placid beautiful place. I stand out on the foredeck, surveying the waters we have played, loved, lusted, and found comfort in. I knew that I could not stay anchored here forever, and that someday I must move on.

I reach out and slowly begin to haul the anchor, as it feel it release from the bottom, I make my way back to the cockpit. Hauling on the lines, my arms straining to raise the sails quickly, my mind is occupied and the melancholy that filled it a moment ago passes. I can feel the hull begin to make way, even before the sails trim up. Soon, we are headed out. A course set for the open sea. Sailing away into the sunset, bound for new adventures...

Good Night Everyone. May you always remember that here you were loved for you.

Since this thread will probably be closed by the time I get back, I'm going to post what will likely be my last post here.

The sun begins to set slowly over the hills surrounding this placid beautiful place. I stand out on the foredeck, surveying the waters we have played, loved, lusted, and found comfort in. I knew that I could not stay anchored here forever, and that someday I must move on.

I reach out and slowly begin to haul the anchor, as it feel it release from the bottom, I make my way back to the cockpit. Hauling on the lines, my arms straining to raise the sails quickly, my mind is occupied and the melancholy that filled it a moment ago passes. I can feel the hull begin to make way, even before the sails trim up. Soon, we are headed out. A course set for the open sea. Sailing away into the sunset, bound for new adventures...

:heart:

To clarify: I'm not leaving lit (I don't think I could if I wanted to, you know...)

They will, most likely, close this thread in the next few days. I wanted to have a good "last post" here.

I'm already writing my first post for the next one...just biding my time.

I have found a lot of joy and solace in the Cove.

And a new one means one thing only : Celebration Doughnuts :D

:heart: you Sailer and thank for being moored here so that we could find you

To alleviate server load, we're slowly closing down any threads with over 5,000 posts. You are free to continue this topic as a new thread. Should you do so, please PM me with a link to both the old and new threads, and I will place a link in this post so that others who follow this thread will be able to find the new one.

As annoying as this may be, phasing out all or most of the active super-long/never-ending threads will increase the forum speed substantially. If you see a thread that's active with more than 5,000 posts, please feel free to PM me with the link.

Please note that these threads are not being removed - just closed to new posts.

Thank you for your patience and kind understanding! :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back