wanting more story feedback

F

fuego1273

Guest
i have 3 stories posted, I see them being read, but never any feedback, its hard to improve if there is no feedback left, and yes i can take negative comments if they are constructive.

Dont pretend to be a writer, just like sharing my thoughts with others, and if you like it, I love hearing you do
 
People only comment if a story is really bad or really hot.

My highest rated story has 408,874 views 2,579 votes, and 60 comments (I deleted 10 or so for being personal attacks on others). It's a father daughter incest story.

If you want lots of comments write in Incest (most read category) or Loving Wives (most trolled).

Otherwise comments and votes will be few and far between. Once you get that coveted red H people will read more of your stuff and you will start getting feedback.

Even as a longtime author, I find that when I don't have a story listed in the new story section my view counts stagnates. When I have one new story, all my stories view counts increase.

Post a link to your stories and people in this forum will read it and give you honest constructive feedback, mostly.
 
i have 3 stories posted, I see them being read, but never any feedback, its hard to improve if there is no feedback left, and yes i can take negative comments if they are constructive.

Dont pretend to be a writer, just like sharing my thoughts with others, and if you like it, I love hearing you do

I have always thought that the amount of discussion of a story directly relates to how strong the emotions were it stirred within its readers. My theory works for movies like Harry Potter and also for amateur erotic fiction. But I could be wrong and I would love to hear what other people think.

A Night with Sarah and Tammy

- I admit I am a snob and your opening sentence is so bad that I would usually stop reading if I weren't asked to critique. It's bad because of the mix of tenses, the background painting which says nothing of consequence, that there is nothing happening or promised to happen and a general lack of interest to me.

- You need the help of an attentive editor to guide you. You may say you don't care about being a writer, but you are trying write to a personal story of passion & lust. With a bit more effort & attention, you can have your story meet the expectations of your imagination.

- You start off with too much background and character information, then you basically stop bothering to dish out that information later on. Try blending the descriptions throughout the story instead of top-heavy exposition dumping.

- You reach a climax* then end the story in one sentence (which is actually several clauses in one sentence). Don't. Make an effort to explain how the story unwinds. In my opinion, the ending of a story is the second most important factor which determines how a story is rated. After all, your ending is directly above where your story is rated.
 
People only comment if a story is really bad or really hot.

My highest rated story has 408,874 views 2,579 votes, and 60 comments (I deleted 10 or so for being personal attacks on others). It's a father daughter incest story.

If you want lots of comments write in Incest (most read category) or Loving Wives (most trolled).

Otherwise comments and votes will be few and far between. Once you get that coveted red H people will read more of your stuff and you will start getting feedback.

Even as a longtime author, I find that when I don't have a story listed in the new story section my view counts stagnates. When I have one new story, all my stories view counts increase.

Post a link to your stories and people in this forum will read it and give you honest constructive feedback, mostly.

Thanks for the advice

My story link

https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=1110832&page=submissions
 
You should wrap your scenes with a story. The sex is enticing, but there's nothing there to make me care about the characters. Let the situations develop with dialog and less explanation.

As an exercise, count the number of paragraphs that start with 'I'. Word repetition for no purpose can become tiring to read. Mix it up.

Example:
(1) I went to the park and sat on the bench.

(2) The park bench wasn't as comfortable as it looked.

Both sentences are functionally the same. The second skips the obvious 'went to' and 'sat on'. It also adds a little interesting tidbit that is expandable. It's more human and less robotic. How the character reacts to the discomfort can say a lot about his personality.

Do you realize that both your current stories start with a weather report? The first paragraph should tease and make the reader want to know more. The weather report had no bearing on the rest of the story and is not a good way to set the mood. On the other hand, a character's reaction to the weather can set the mood.

These are just observations from an amateur. Take them with a grain of salt. It's your story, and you should write it the way you want.
 
I read the one about a night and day.

I didn't like the mangled first sentence.

I didn't like all the one-sentence paragraphs starting with I.

I didn't like the repetitive language ('underwear' 4 times in 2 sentences). But this is unfair, sorry, you say you don't claim to be a great writer.

I did think the sex descriptions were good, quite erotic, and it created an atmosphere I thought.

I have made this criticism of other stories - it is fairly plain vanilla sex so there is not really anything to make it stand out from the hundreds of other similar stories here. Maybe that is why you don't get comments.
 
Last edited:
Sadly, a lot of people on this site only know how to silently vote, and not leave some type of constructive feedback letting a writer know what they like or didn't like in what they readđź‘ đź‘ đź‘ Kant
 
thanks all

Just a quick thankyou message to everyone that has taken the time to comment on my threads and provide your input.
 
Back
Top