The "I wish to receive Pm's" (twist on the how many)

Sorry, I forgot about this ... if you make it I would put it in mine (just not too massive and flashy though!)
I'd do this too. :)

I'd suggest a strapline of "I welcome respectful PMs", although that could be part of the associated text rather than in the fixed part of the signature. Any other ideas?

I'd do this too. :)

I'd suggest a strapline of "I welcome respectful PMs", although that could be part of the associated text rather than in the fixed part of the signature. Any other ideas?

My idea would be a shield-shape (like a badge) with the PM sign in it...

pm_new.gif

and saying Team PM?

For all those people who wish to receive PMs....

I just accidentally clicked on something in my profile and ended up sending myself a PM !

So you can PM yourself, and receive EXACTLY the kind of message you want to! ;)

I just accidentally clicked on something in my profile and ended up sending myself a PM !

But I want PMs from you. :(

pm_new.gif

and saying Team PM?
I like that concept! :)

I wonder whether it's possible to surround the image with a hyperlink to one's own "Send me a private message" page, so that a reader can click directly on it. *makes a note to try this experiment*

I love this idea. Each member could have a badge number.

That's an interesting idea. Does that mean that we'd all have to sign up to a code of conduct, and we'd lose our badge number if we broke it?

Yes. It's sometimes useful to change the recipient of a PM to yourself when you're drafting a PM (i.e., you want to log out and return to it later) or when you try to send a PM but the recipient's box is full (i.e., so that you can try again later). I've often received my own messages by forgetting to change it back before I send the finished PM. :eek:

Its called PMerbating!

So what you're saying is that I should take my online sex life into my own hands, much like my real sex life?:confused:

I just sent myself a filthy PM. I know what I like so well...

I create signatures as a hobby, so I could maybe whip up a few templates if you guys would like to go through with the idea.

pm_new.gif

and saying Team PM?
I've just sent a PM to Kozuka to ask if he's able to do something along these lines. :)

I wonder whether it's possible to surround the image with a hyperlink to one's own "Send me a private message" page, so that a reader can click directly on it. *makes a note to try this experiment*
I think it works! :)

Try clicking on this link:
Each person can copy the underlying URL for their own account from the PM link on their own profile page ("Contact Info" section --> "Private Message: Send a private message to XXXX").

I do enjoy receiving PMs and I return 99%. Some may not be appropriate, then I will reply and ignore.

Try me...I am a nice guy

I've just sent a PM to Kozuka to ask if he's able to do something along these lines. :)

I think it works! :)

Try clicking on this link:
Each person can copy the underlying URL for their own account from the PM link on their own profile page ("Contact Info" section --> "Private Message: Send a private message to XXXX").

Thanks Mindfondler for doing this! People should be sure to change the u=<blah> value to their own user id. (As see in the address bar when you go to your own profile). Or else Mindfondler will be getting all of our PMs! (Perhaps that is his plan! ;) )

Thanks Mindfondler for doing this! People should be sure to change the u=<blah> value to their own user id. (As see in the address bar when you go to your own profile). Or else Mindfondler will be getting all of our PMs! (Perhaps that is his plan! ;) )
Errr... yes... that is a very good point! :)

I've just started a separate new thread for the ongoing "Team PM!" discussion to avoid it getting tangled up with individual requests from people. I hope that it works!

I'm liking this Team PM idea. I've both sent and received some unsolicited messages that led to fine friendships, I'm always open to messages, and I reply. We'll know soon enough if there is anything going on to build a friendship from - if not, good conversation is always fun.

I'm liking this Team PM idea. I've both sent and received some unsolicited messages that led to fine friendships, I'm always open to messages, and I reply. We'll know soon enough if there is anything going on to build a friendship from - if not, good conversation is always fun.
I agree! :)

Unfortunately, the "Team PM!" thread has stalled for the moment. You could drop a posting in there saying that you like the idea -- that might get it moving again and earn you a few more PMs!

Back