As The Hospital Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
To punish the unit residents for bullshit orders I'm going to brew decaf coffee and trick them.

SEXMC072-DOCTOR_NURSE.jpg

Interview went GREAT! I might not be changing Depends for much longer!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
That is good for you. We do not put depends or any diapers on the patient around here. We just change the whole bed! And after we do that a few times we put in a fecal incontinence system. They all have catheters for urine output already.

In fact it's tubes in every, every orifice!

That is good for you. We do not put depends or any diapers on the patient around here. We just change the whole bed! And after we do that a few times we put in a fecal incontinence system. They all have catheters for urine output already.

In fact it's tubes in every, every orifice!

Yeah, that wouldn't work so well in long-term care. 250 incontinent people, and the only tubes we can have that stay in are the trachs and gastrostomies (and a couple of suprapubics and nephrostomies). Some folks get straight-cathed, but no foleys - cath goes in, cath comes out. Same with rectal tubes.

Even in the short(er) term unit where I work, they're all in long term care somewhere (group homes, etc.), and we try to keep things the way they are in the person's home.

At least we're using almost all cloth diapers (they're washed by a local prison population - good reason to obey the law right there :eek: ), so pretty minimal environmental impact.

If I do get this other job, it takes me away from the facility entirely. I'd be working in the departmental office. The hard thing will be walking away from the residents. I really love them.

Yeah, that wouldn't work so well in long-term care. 250 incontinent people, and the only tubes we can have that stay in are the trachs and gastrostomies (and a couple of suprapubics and nephrostomies). Some folks get straight-cathed, but no foleys - cath goes in, cath comes out. Same with rectal tubes.

Even in the short(er) term unit where I work, they're all in long term care somewhere (group homes, etc.), and we try to keep things the way they are in the person's home.

At least we're using almost all cloth diapers (they're washed by a local prison population - good reason to obey the law right there :eek: ), so pretty minimal environmental impact.

If I do get this other job, it takes me away from the facility entirely. I'd be working in the departmental office. The hard thing will be walking away from the residents. I really love them.
I have thought about leaving the bedside role a few times. Mostly these thoughts come up after being overwhelmed at work. The thoughts always pass. Also, when the budget cuts I know my position is safe. Sure, they lay-off nurses, but they never lay-off the bedside nurse.

I thought about what it would be like to: not work weekends, not work holidays, and it is tempting sometimes.

Shut up and do what I say.

Me: The patient is thrashing around in the bed, confused and combative. I can’t maintain c-spine precautions.

Surgeon: Give the patient Versed 2mg and Morphine 4mg.

Me: The patient is on Ativan 6mg/hour, Morphine 2mg/hour already and Fentanyl 100mcgs every 2 hours PRN. A one-time dose of Haldol worked last night.

Surgeon: I know what the patient is getting. I said give Versed 2mg and Morphine 4mg now, and put the patient in 4 point locking restraints.

Me: The patient is thrashing around in the bed, confused and combative. I can’t maintain c-spine precautions.

Surgeon: Give the patient Versed 2mg and Morphine 4mg.

Me: The patient is on Ativan 6mg/hour, Morphine 2mg/hour already and Fentanyl 100mcgs every 2 hours PRN. A one-time dose of Haldol worked last night.

Surgeon: I know what the patient is getting. I said give Versed 2mg and Morphine 4mg now, and put the patient in 4 point locking restraints.

Jesus. Did the patient remember to keep breathing?

Jesus. Did the patient remember to keep breathing?
Yes, he was breathing alright. He was thrashing and swinging and the priority was the c-spine stability. I was told to keep medicating him around the clock, and have intubation set up ready.

It seemed cruel, but not as cruel as risking a damaged spinal cord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back