The CEO and His Executive Secretary (Closed for Sidney_1)

Rocket1010

Literotica Guru
Jack Connors
Owner: Connors International
Height: 6'-2"
Weight: 195#
Dark hair and an athletic build

Jack arrived early to his office and sat in his large oversized leather chair staring out the 35th floor window to the city. He always tried to arrive early, enjoying the peace and solitude of the office when none of his 250 employees were in the office.

Jack came up through the ranks of the overseas trading company and when the company CEO suddenly died of a massive heart attack, he successfully wrestled the reins from other inside competitors. Within a few short years he grew the company one-hundred fold and gained a firm grip on the control of the company. When they expanded Jack changed the name of the company to reflect his own name on the letterhead.

Turning from the other skyscrapers in the downtown area, he looked at his desk calendar, seeing that he had his last round of interviews for an open executive secretary position. There were some women in the company that thought they should have a shot at replacing Jeanette but he knew they would not fit the bill for what he was looking for.

His thoughts turned to Jeanette, his former executive secretary, who reluctantly left when when her husband was transferred across country. He tried his best to convince her to stay but her husband was adamant about taking the new job and there was not much she could do but follow her husband. Jack continued to try and convince her to stay but to no avail and now he sat remembering their last late night together.

Jeanette had worn the sexiest outfit on her last day. They spent the rest of the afternoon behind closed doors giving Jeanette a wild sendoff. The office staff thought they were going over last minute details of all the things she was doing. What they did not know was that Jeanette was submitting to Jack's final demands for the last time.

A tingle ran through his balls as he recalled giving her a good spanking for leaving him and the sound of her constant moaning with each swat was still ringing in his ears. He made sure she was thoroughly subjected to his desires before he let her go early in the evening. He felt his cock thicken at the thought of her crawling across the floor, to his waiting cock as he sat in the large leather chair. The memory of her sucking his shaft until he came hard and strong in her mouth, made his cock jerk. Jack sighed thinking of that final day filled with sexual pleasures for each of them. As a last goodbye gesture, he fucked her against the glass window overlooking the city as Jeanette cried out so loud he thought the whole building heard her.

Putting the memories of Jeanette aside, he turned to his desk and began working, soon losing track of time. When the knock on the door came, he looked at his watch to see that his first interview of the day should be ready.

"Mr. Connors your 9:00 am interview is in the conference room."

"Thank you Ms. Jennings. I will be right there."

Jack opened the file and looked at the resume of Kate Sinclair, the young woman he was about to interview. He wondered what she looked like as he reviewed her credentials which seemed to be a perfect fit for him. But there were things in the resume and application that he could not ask and there were laws restricting what he could and could not ask. He hoped during the interview process that he would be able to determine if this woman met his exacting standards.

Jack studied her resume for a few more minutes, familiarizing himself with her background. He liked what he saw from her experience but he knew it was better to see the person face to face before drawing any conclusions. Closing the file he checked himself in the mirror of his private bathroom, smiling at the reflection staring back at him.

He adjusted his red tie against the baby blue shirt and then pulled the soft grey suit coat off the hanger. Looking at his reflection once again, he was satisfied that he was ready for the interview.

Walking to the conference room, he greeted his staff on the way. Opening the door he saw a young lady sitting on the leather cushioned chair. When she picked her head up to see him entering, he instantly felt a strong liking for this woman.

He smiled at her and extended his hand to her. "Good morning Ms. Sinclair. I'm Jack Connors and I am very pleased to meet you." As he settled in the leather chair across from her at the large conference table, he noticed her ample breasts snugly hidden by her tight white blouse.

Kate Sinclair

Kate Sinclair

Kate knew she was probably over-qualified for this job, but she had wanted to get back to the States and have a job that wouldn’t be overly demanding so that she could give her life, and it’s direction, some more thought. Her previous jobs and life had been a blast, but she knew she belonged in the U.S., near her family and friends.

Kate had been smart enough to dress conservatively, a white blouse, long, snug, tan skirt, a short chevron check blazer, navy pumps. She knew it was striking with her blonde hair and blue eyes. Her hair hung in waves around her face, and she completed her look with a thin gold necklace with a small sapphire pendant. A dusting of mascara, blush, and coral lip gloss was the final polish to accentuate her good looks.

Kate took a deep breath as Mr. Connors introduced himself and she extended her hand in greeting. He had a strong, masculine presence which made her heart gallop for a moment. The adrenaline made her nervous for a moment, but she exhaled, calming her nerves, and retained her composure.

“Good morning, Mr. Connors. It’s nice to meet you, too. This is a lovely office,” Kate said, returning his gaze with a warm smile.

Last edited:
Jack smiled as Ms. Sinclair took a seat. In an instant he took in the tight tan skirt that outlined her hips and slender legs and then his eyes moved to her white blouse that hinted a delicious body lay hidden underneath. The blazer she wore covered a lot of her cleavage but he caught a glimpse of it when she bent forward to retrieve something from her purse and the pendant around her neck nestled between the soft flesh. Whether by accident or on purpose, she had revealed a small piece of her body to him and he found himself staring at her breasts.

He looked up into her sparkling eyes and replied to her compliment, "Thank you Ms. Sinclair for the compliment on the room. Though I can't take credit for it. I have interior decorators and they are given free reign to a point."

As he glanced around the room, he remembered having sex with Jeanette after a board meeting. She had teased him during the meeting and then afterwards he bent her over the table and took her from behind. His brief daydream was interrupted when Kate handed him her resume. He already had a copy of it and had studied it before coming into the conference room. As he took the papers from her hand, he wondered if she was the right woman for the job.

Glancing through the papers, he took his time and then fixed his gaze on the young woman who was staring at him. "Very good information Ms. Sinclair. You appear to be very well qualified for an executive assistant position but this position will require more than just typing skills and the normal office routines."

He waited for a moment seeing her nod her head before he continued. "The position that is open is for my personal executive secretary. I am a very demanding person and like to have things done a certain way. The person I'm looking for has to be resilient, keep my schedule updated, be willing to work long hours and be willing to travel on a moments notice. This corporation is very large and sometimes I need to take our private jet to places and I expect my secretary to go with me."

He paused for a moment and then said, "I also offer some ...... let's say fringe benefits for being loyal and willing to work such a hectic schedule. As I mentioned there is sometimes a need to travel at a moments notice. I see from your experience you have worked overseas for some interesting companies. Tell me a little about your past work and is this position something you would be interested in pursuing Ms. Sinclair?"

Kate was intrigued that her job would not be routine and that she would be continually challenged to assist Mr. Connors with his business dealings. She knew she’d have an inside track to learn more about international business. Kate had the sense that Mr. Connors was silently observing every inch of her, judging any hesitancy, as he described the position and his expectations.

Kate shifted her legs, pulling slightly back from the conference table, and began to explain her work history.

“As you can see, I’ve never taken a predictable course. After majoring in Business, I took a celebratory trip to the Middle East, and then had traveled to Europe and the Phillipines. . .but, I made connections at social events. . . and I eventually ended up working in Jerusalem for an import/export company of towels for hotels and health clubs. I was in sales and I had part of the Middle East as my territory. Although I loved Israel, I took the first job opportunity to transfer to England so that I could be exposed to a different culture and be able to travel around Europe and have it paid for by my company. So, I’m quite comfortable with travel, although I have to give some thought about the unpredictable nature of what you’re suggesting is required of this position.”

Kate smiled, and then considered that she could always have a travel bag packed. Her concern was that the position seemed to require a lot of unpredictable demands on her personal time. She would have to view it as a complete job commitment in between her social life. This job was going to be intense; she could sense that Mr. Connors was a work-horse and very exacting. . .but, there was so much potential to learn about his business. If she was honest, she knew she loved working for people who challenged her.

“It sounds like this position does require a lot of dedication and would impinge on my personal life. If you want me to be available at a moment’s notice, I’ll need to keep myself free of outside commitments. Where do you expect you’ll need me to travel with you and for how long? Can you go into more detail about the fringe benefits? I enjoy challenges and unpredictability, but I need to learn a little bit more of what you expect of me before I can ascertain whether I’ll be the right person to represent you as your chief executive secretary.”

Mr. Connors certainly was good-looking and she knew she’d look forward to seeing him every day. It was a really plush, modern office and she could easily see herself working long hours in the building. He probably had a ton of candidates apply for the position. The job would likely attract a lot of single women. Kate hoped that she was making a favorable impression.

Jack watched her actions very closely trying to determine if she would be the best candidate for the job. He had a feeling she would be but he had thought about that with other candidates too. Still there was something about this Ms. Sinclair that intrigued him. As she began to talk, he noticed her shifting in her chair, revealing a good deal of her white milky thighs.

He listened to her work history but kept glancing down at her thighs wondering if she was trying to entice him with her charms. It was good for one to explain their past experiences rather than just take what they had put on the resume as gospel truth. The way she talked about her past experiences told him she was quite comfortable in different situations. 'But would she be comfortable working for him and performing more than just regular office functions,' he thought as she told about her work in Israel and other locations.

When Kate told him she was quite comfortable with travel but she would have to give some thought to the unpredictability of the position, he wondered if she would really fit the position. He wanted someone who would love the chance to take on a challenge and be rewarded for their efforts both monetarily and in other more pleasurable ways.

He saw her smile when she took a quick break from her talking, noticing that she was thinking about something. Maybe weighing the possibilities of having a social life or working long hours. It was something she would have to decided if he offered her the position.

“It sounds like this position does require a lot of dedication and would impinge on my personal life. If you want me to be available at a moment’s notice, I’ll need to keep myself free of outside commitments. Where do you expect you’ll need me to travel with you and for how long? Can you go into more detail about the fringe benefits? I enjoy challenges and unpredictability, but I need to learn a little bit more of what you expect of me before I can ascertain whether I’ll be the right person to represent you as your chief executive secretary.”

He already knew had an idea that he would offer the position. The way she conducted herself and the sensuality of her body language intrigued him. He didn't know if her actions were for show or if she would fit the bill for the things he had in mind for her. But it was a good starting point. All the other candidates came up short when he observed their body language. This girl, Kate Sinclair, if he was right, was the one he had been looking for since Jeannette left the company.

"Yes Ms. Sinclair there will be times when we have to pick up at a moments notice and take the company jet. The trips may be one day or maybe for one to two days. I understand the importance of your social life and while I would want you to work long hours, you will find that you would have a lot of free time. When we are to travel for more than one or two days, there will be plenty of notice." Jack looked at her and saw that she was interested in what he was saying.

"As for travel locations. Ms. Sinclair we usually travel within the lower forty eight states, Canada and with some trips to the Bahamas and Hawaii. Our firm also does work in England, Ireland, Norway, and Germany. We are involved with a lot of different consumer items and sometimes we need to meet with prospective clients. Normally when we travel to Hawaii we take a few extra days to see the sites." He stopped for a moment wondering what Kate would look like in a bikini as they lay out on the sandy beaches.

"Ms. Sinclair we also have a very interesting fringe package deal." He paused to let the words sink into her brain. "We will pay you a starting salary of $70,000 and also pay off any of your outstanding student loans, if you have them, after the initial employment evaluation service of 90 days."

He couldn't help but see her eyebrows arch at the mention of salary. The 90 days was only a rule they company followed and it allowed them to get rid of new hire's if they didn't fit the company mold.

Jack continued, "There are also health benefits and the usual 401K program that we match 1 to 1." She seemed to be taking all this in and then he decided to take it one step further.

"As for my personal secretary, there are a lot of extra fringe benefits for the right person." He let it sink in for a moment. "In addition to bonus' and travel I have certain standards that are strict. If you meet those standards there are added benefits ..... shall we say of a more personal nature."

Jack was looking at her and seeing that she was taking in everything he told her. Something about the way she looked and acted told him she would be a good fit. Where she would submit to his personal affections remained to be seen. He decided to move forward.

"So Ms. Sinclair I am in a position to offer you the position now. If you accept I expect you to report tomorrow morning promptly at 7:30 am and not a minute later. I expect my secretary to be prompt and at my beckon call when I want her."

Jack sat back in the big leather conference room chair and waited for her response.

Kate felt relieved when Mr. Connors assured her that the travel would only be for 1-2 days and that there would be notice.

It thrilled her that there would be extended stays in Hawaii, as she had always wanted to go there and was drawn to tropical climates when she needed to decompress from modern life. There was also an appeal to travel overseas to some countries that she had visited and loved, and some that she had been interested in, but had never visited.

Kate smiled with amusement as Mr. Connors discussed the general benefit package and then alluded to an extra personal fringe package if she met certain standards. As Mr. Connors purposely did not go into detail, Kate assumed that he was referring to some non-traditional activities that could not be discussed legally with a prospective employee.

Kate opened the button that was holding together her blazer and sat back to reflect upon the pros and cons of the position. She also had the sense that Mr. Jack Conners wanted to see who he was hiring—not just her qualifications and demeanor—but her body—and she had no problem letting him see the body that he’d have to view every day.

She knew straightaway that Mr. Connors was a decisive, no-nonsense man and would not wait for an answer. Kate took a deep breath and exhaled with a wry smile. This job sounded like an adventure and a challenge that she couldn’t pass up. She was also curious about what type of extra fringe benefits she would receive if she met certain strict standards. She knew she could always quit in 3 months or a year if she found the job unappealing. There was nothing to lose, really.

“I think you have yourself a new executive secretary, Mr. Connors. I will be here tomorrow at 7:30am sharp, if not earlier. Do I need to sign any paperwork to confirm my acceptance of your job offer? I assume that you’d prefer I dress professionally in a similar style as I am wearing today?”

Jack saw her expression change when he told her about not having to travel extensively and be out of town for long periods of time. He chuckled a little when he saw her eyebrows arch a little when he spoke of Hawaii. The mention of trips to Hawaii or any exotic location always got the prospective employee's attention and seemed to peak their interest in the position.

Jack had been around long enough and felt he had the ability to read people and if his initial evaluation of Kate Sinclair was accurate, she would be willing to do what it took to get ahead. She had an amused look on her face when he told her about the benefits and the 90 day trial period. He couldn't tell if she fully grasped the 90 day trial period but had a suspicion she didn't understand that the trial period was not really work related but how she performed with the extra fringe benefits package he would offer her if she accepted the position.

When she unbuttoned the blazer, he saw how her breasts pushed against the thin fabric of her white blouse. The thin material revealed the outline of her bra and he was intrigued to know how she would look standing naked in his office. She sat back and looked at him and then around the room as he smiled at her while she took her time digesting the salary and benefits he offered her. If she didn't know the whole package hinged on how she performed for the personal fringe benefits, he thought again about how she would find out soon enough that her job hinged on her doing well with the personal fringe benefits. He had a feeling about her and the way she easily unbuttoned her blazer as if to let him see what she had to offer. He would know soon enough if she accepted his job offer.

“I think you have yourself a new executive secretary, Mr. Connors. I will be here tomorrow at 7:30am sharp, if not earlier. Do I need to sign any paperwork to confirm my acceptance of your job offer? I assume that you’d prefer I dress professionally in a similar style as I am wearing today?”

Jack smiled, satisfied that he had the right person for the job. But there was always an element of doubt with any new employee and he would not get excited about her until he found out if she would willingly give in him and his demands. Putting on a business face that was perfected from meetings with clients and not acting excited he told her, "I'm glad you accepted our offer for employment. I will have one of the secretaries take you to human resources to get all the paperwork completed."

"By the way Kate I like my coffee black and served at exactly 7:30 am and not a moment later. As for how you dress. You don't need to wear the blazer around the office unless we are having a client meeting or if we go out to a meeting. I expect you to dress in a professional manner that is appealing." He couldn't tell her to wear sexy short skirts or revealing blouses but he knew she got his meaning when he put the emphasis on the word appealing.

Jack pressed a button on the intercom. "Trish could you please come to the conference room. We have a new employee, .... a Ms. Kate Sinclair, who needs to have her paperwork competed before she can start working tomorrow. Also if you would be so kind as to answer any questions she may have."

By the time Jack turned back to Kate and smiled, the door swung open and a lovely redhead secretary came into the room. Jack was used to his employees jumping when he asked them to do something for him. "Ms. Sinclair if you'll please accompany me, I'll see to it that all your paperwork is in order and also brief you on where things are in the office."

Jack stood as the two women walked out of the room. "Welcome aboard Kate," he said using her first name instead of being more formal. "I'm sure you will find working as my personal secretary will be both demanding and rewarding."

When the women were gone, Jack returned to his office and lost himself in his work. Since his divorce a few years back, he never worried about getting home for dinner or other things associated with marriage. He was content to build the business and with the help of his new personal secretary, she would help fulfill his carnal desires. When the end of the day came, he sat back in his large leather chair. He looked out over the city and his thoughts turned to Kate Sinclair. He thought of how she unbuttoned her blazer to give him an idea of what was hidden beneath her sheer white blouse. He smiled into the sunset and wondered if she would pan out the way he thought she would.

To: Claire@oldhousecharms.net
I got the job at Connors International! Heading out to do a little shopping. Do you want to meet for pizza and a beer?

Kate had plenty of clothes, but she was uncertain about what Mr. Connors had meant when he emphasized appealing. She had been used to dressing in everything from jeans and a simple t-shirt. . .to formal business when she made sales calls. Since she was in Burlington, she knew she had limited options, and headed to Banana Republic where she knew she could find the latest wrap style dress style in a size 4. They always fit her perfectly since the fabric had stretch. The style was universally appealing to every figure.

Thank you, Diane Von Furstenburg.

Kate found her size and bought a black and white large tropical flower print dress. She also decided to buy a short navy pleated skirt and a coral and white striped short-sleeved blouse. She knew she could accessorize with jewelry and nice shoes and she would not only be appealing, but she’d be striking. . . especially if she took care with her hair and make-up. Her lean, fit body made her look stylish in most clothes. Kate knew she was attractive, but she had purposely toned down her appearance so as not to draw unwanted attention when in Israel. It felt good to dress like a woman again!

After catching up with Claire, Kate returned to her new apartment, which still had only been partially unpacked. Although normally an owl, she decided to start going to bed earlier, at 10pm, so that she could be at the office by 7:15 am. She wanted to appear relaxed and unharried when Mr. Connors arrived.

To prep, Kate took a long shower, and thought about her new employer as she shaved her legs. There was something mysterious about him. . .he clearly enjoyed his position of power, his money, and controlling those under him. There was something almost animalistic when he had looked at her and mentioned that he liked his coffee exactly at 7:30am. So curious! Kate knew she could handle the job, but was intrigued at what the fringe benefits entailed. She loved a challenge.

Kate stepped out of the shower, moisturized her skin, dried her hair and fell asleep nude.

6:00am

Kate woke, feeling excited, and decided to wear the tropical black and white print wrap dress. She donned her best black push-up bra, and to avoid panty lines, she skipped wearing a panty. The completed look revealed a nice hint of her cleavage whenever she moved her arms. Appealing. To draw the eye downward to her “assets”, Kate chose a thin gold necklace with a vertical pendant. She tousled her hair into soft waves, and applied her makeup in a classic look—nude eyes, eyeliner, pink blush, and a pink lipstick that added to the summery look. She chose an unexpected emerald green pump patent sandal. A light spray of floral perfume at her cleavage. If Mr. Connors didn’t approve, then she wasn’t right for the job. This was the best that she could dress.

Kate smiled and introduced herself once at work. She noticed men and women sizing her up, but perhaps that was to be expected. . .perhaps there was a low turn-over. They all were warm, though, and welcomed her to the company.

Kate went to the Keurig, chose a white mug and a dark roast, and filled the mug with steaming black coffee. Mr. Connors’ door was cracked, and Kate assumed he was expecting her.

Knocking quietly first, she entered his office and placed the black coffee on his desk away from his computer.

“Good morning,” Kate said, smiling, eager to hear what he had in store for her.

Last edited:
Jack was thinking about Kate when he received a call from his friend Ken about having dinner. Seems his wife was out with the gals and he wanted to catch up on things with Jack. Jack smiled as walked by Kate's desk just outside his door as he left the office at 7:00 pm to meet Ken for dinner at Leunig's Bistro. The two of them enjoyed catching up on things and Jack felt at ease in Ken's prescence. More so than with other friends he had. Ken and he had grown up in the same neighborhood, went to school together, and Ken was there when Jack went through a nasty divorce.

After dinner, Jack went to his large home alone. He thought he would meet someone else after his divorce but no one came close to turning him on the way Jeanette did. Her husband never knew of their secret sexual encounters. At least he never let on since Jack often dined with them careful not to get to friendly with Jeanette when her husband was around. There were a few times they sneaked off to another room during parties and enjoyed themselves.

He turned in early knowing he had a hectic schedule the next day. He thought of Kate as his eyes closed and wondered again if she would fit into the company and into his plans.

Jack sat at his desk and looked at the clock. 7:00 am and he was almost always the first one to the office. Swiveling around in his large leather chair, he watched the twinkling lights of the city below begin to turn off as a new day started. He liked to be in the office early to go over the schedule for the day and get prepared for any meetings. Jeanette had always done a great job keeping his schedule and making sure he was where he was supposed to be for meetings, etc.

One thing he found as the CEO of Connors International, he felt he needed to keep his finger on the pulse of the company at all times. That meant not trusting 100% to any one person's job. The CFO, Bob Johnson, did a great job of keeping the multitude of accountants busy and double checking their work. The company had accountants and other staff to look after the day to day operations both domestically and overseas, in various offices and it was Bob's job to keep everything running smoothly and to make sure they didn't end up paying taxes at the end of the year. But even with Bob's expertise, at the end of the day this was his company and he wanted it to succeed. So he sat in the early morning hours in the solitude of his office, looking over the reports from the previous day.

Today however he found his mind wandering from the usual business of checking balance sheets. As he read the reports from Europe he found himself distracted by the fact that his new executive secretary would be starting. Staring out into the early morning, he wondered if she would be as good as Jeanette. It would not be fair to compare her before she started but there was always an element of doubt when hiring a new person. Would they fit in? Would she be willing to give into his demands? He looked at the large clock on the wall and saw that is was 7:15 am and he wondered if she would be on time.

There was no doubt in his mind or of anyone in the company that he liked to be in control of things. He built this business by being involved in all the activities and knowing what was going on at all times. And soon he would find out if his new secretary would fit the bill.

Jack was busy looking over papers when he heard the soft knock at the door. His heart leapt a little thinking about Kate and the things they would explore together. As she walked across the room, he smiled as he admired her outfit. The tropical black and white print wrap dress showed off her curves and he noticed her breasts seemed to be larger than he remembered from yesterdays interview. His eyes were drawn to thin gold necklace with the pendant that lay nestled in her cleavage. He makeup was done with perfection and he smelled a hint of her sweet fragrance when she leaned forward to put the coffee cup on the desk.

“Good morning,” Kate said to him with a sweet smile on her face.

Jack looked at the clock on the wall and returned her smile. "Good morning Kate. I'm glad to see that are punctual with your first assignment. I like that," he said picking up the coffee, taking a sip of the hot coffee.

Jack looked at her figure and facial expressions, enjoying the moment. He did that on purpose to see if she was uncomfortable with him just staring at her. It was a method he learned a long time ago, where nothing is said. Some people get unnerved when confronted with this tactic, wanting to break the silence. Typically those persons started talking about anything and he found out a lot from those persons. They tended to say anything and didn't feel comfortable just staring at the other person.
k
He was impressed with Kate. She stood in front of the desk, silent and waiting for her instructions. "We are glad to have you on board Kate," he said picking up his calendar and handing it to him. "We have a 9 o'clock with O'Brian that should last for one hour. After that we will be on a conference call to Kennedy in Toronto. I expect you to take notes. Call Robertson and cancel the 11 o'clock and call the restaurant and tell them we will be there at noon. We have an internal meeting at 3 o'clock on what to do with our Norway subsidiary and then we have a 4 o'clock with Branson."

Jack didn't explain anything to her and expected her to find out from others if she needed more information. "Did you get all that Ms. Sinclair," he asked looking into her alluring eyes.

Kate had a feeling that she was going to be tested and studied the moment she placed the coffee cup down on Mr. Connors’ desk.

Sure enough. She held herself still, poised, as he studied her carriage. She was reminded briefly of her strict Russian ballet teacher, who would scrutinize and adjust her postures as a teenager. Kate smiled at the memory, the hard-earned grace paying off, finally.

“Yes, Mr. Connors, I received my passwords yesterday and I have access to your calendars, personal and professional. But, I expected that we’d review your schedule each morning when I bring the coffee and you would notify me of any special needs. Would you like me to have anything ready for your meeting with Obrian? If not, I will return to my desk and do as you requested.”

Kate smiled pleasantly, glancing down at Mr. Connors’s hands. Hmmm. No ring. Some men didn’t wear them, though. Kate could definitely sense some energy of interest from him. Ah well, some men just liked to look. She took it as a compliment that she had dressed in an appealing manner.

Last edited:
Jack smiled at Kate as she stood in front of his large oak desk, looking very appealing. He was impressed that she didn't take any notes but just glanced down at this calendar. He had given her a lot for the very first day and it was sort of a test to see how she reacted. He looked at her outfit as she told him, “Yes, Mr. Connors, I received my passwords yesterday and I have access to your calendars, personal and professional. But, I expected that we’d review your schedule each morning when I bring the coffee and you would notify me of any special needs. Would you like me to have anything ready for your meeting with O'Brian? If not, I will return to my desk and do as you requested.”

He looked up at her face and saw that she was looking at his hand. He noticed her look of interest as he sat with his hands on the desktop. The idea that she was going to fit into his plans crossed his mind.

"Kate I think you have everything you need for now. We will look over my calendar every day as you suggest but today there is a lot of things you need to get done before we have our 9 o'clock with O'Brian. You will find a file on your desk about the information we need to discuss with him. He is a shipper out of California and his trucks have been late for a lot of deliveries. He is in town at my request to get the trucking issue back on track. Please familiarize yourself with the information before we meet with him."

Jack was pretty sure Kate would do well with the other tasks he gave her. She appeared to be bright and ready to tackle the challenges he threw at her. He wondered if she would be so willing later when she was more established in her position when he would start to make advances.

"I think we will have a great working relationship Kate," he said with a genuine smile. "By the way I like your choice of clothes," he added as the intercom rang. "I'm sorry to interrupt you Mr. Connors but you have a call from Eric in Germany."

"Ok Trish not a problem. Please stay Kate and get a feel for the type of work we do around here." With that he punched the intercom and the voice of Eric was on the other end. "Eric good to hear from you. I want you to know that you are on speaker phone with me and my new executive secretary Kate."

Kate was so busy prioritizing her tasks, not wanting Mr. Connors to have to repeat himself, that she almost missed his compliment.

Whew, she’d have to start walking into his office with a legal pad for notes. Kate knew she could handle the task. . .there were only so many explanations for delays. She made a mental note to research if the trucks had the latest travel/map software. She assumed Mr. Connors had already done all the research into the situation or at least had all the data. Did he expect her to analyze it?

Kate took a seat when Mr. Connors directed her to remain present for Eric’s call.

“Good afternoon, Eric, I’m Kate Sinclair,” Kate stated, to acknowledge her presence and familiarize him with her voice.

Kate paused, allowing Mr. Connors to conduct the conversation, while her eyes darted around his office for a legal pad and pen. Not seeing one, and observing her distress, Mr. Connors pressed his hands down, as if to reassure her that he simply wanted her to observe.

Kate nodded, and settled into her seat, folding her legs, and kept eye contact with Mr. Connors.

Last edited:
Jack watched as Kate took a seat while Eric's voice came over the speaker. "Welcome aboard Kate. I'm sure Jack will have you up to speed in no time, " Eric said.

"Kate just started this morning Eric. From what I have seen so far, I think she will work out just great." Jack looked at Kate sitting in front of his desk, her hands neatly folded in her lap.

"So what do I owe the honor of this call Eric." Eric went into detail about how the last shipment to the states was delayed because of a dock strike. He told them that he called the clients but he wanted Jack to call also and assure the clients in New York and California that the shipments would be made as soon as they could.

Jack smiled at Kate and then winked. "Don't worry Eric. Kate will get on it as soon as we are off the phone."

"Thanks for doing this Jack ...... and remember when you come to Germany you have to bring Kate with you."

Jack laughed. "Don't worry Eric. If I come to pay you a visit you can rest assured that Kate will be with me."

They exchanged pleasantries and then the phone conversation was over. Jack smiled at Kate and explained who the clients were and that Trish had the information. As he talked to her, he saw her cross and uncross her legs and the thought of her naked crossed his mind.

"Kate I think you will fit in nicely," he complimented her. "If you would kindly take care of Eric's request and get the information for our 9 o'clock ready, I'll meet you in the conference room to go over the details and remember to bring a note pad with you."

Kate smiled into Jack’s warm brown eyes at his vote of confidence in her skills as he spoke about her to Eric. She was also excited at the prospect of going to Germany!

“I’d be happy to contact our shippers and then call Eric’s clients and keep them abreast of the situation and updated with the timing of his shipments. Some situations are simply unavoidable. I’m very good at damage control, Mr. Connors,” Kate winked.

She stood up and exited his office, sensing his eyes on her ass. Ah well, it’s natural to size up a new person. Kate turned slowly around once she was at his door.

“Yes, I’ll rearrange Robertons’s appt. for a noon lunch and study our situation with Obrian and have all the information and files ready and I’ll meet you at 9:00 a.m. in the conference room. If I have any questions, I’ll ask Trish. I will not disturb you unless it’s absolutely necessary.”

Kate returned to her desk and sipped her cold coffee. This was going to be fun. . .she liked the fast pace. Mr. Connors seemed to like her and she always thrived when given encouragement and a show of confidence.

Kate decided to walk around for a bit, stretching her legs, and asked a few others for favorite nearby lunch recommendations. She heard “Big Daddy’s” mentioned for the pizza, but the service was inconsistent, so Kate knew that would not be a good option.

After researching online, she chose a simple deli and salad shop, “The Jewish Mother”. She contacted Robertson’s secretary and moved the appt. and updated Mr. Connors’s calendar. Wow, he had several evening conference calls at 9:00 EST.

Kate began to review the Obrian file, the history of the shipments, and Mr. Connors’ notes. She was eager to be well-received by both him and his employees. As she worked, she listened to the jazz of Medeski, Martin, and Wood, which helped energize and focus her energy.

Last edited:
Back