TSCLT 6.0: Hemi Bacon Intensive Care Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bear tag used to come with your general license here. The the state and the land owners figured out that they were a cash crop. Same with cougar and deer. The problem is that the G&F biologists perennially underestimate the populations of bear and cougar so problems occur, especially with the cougars. A lot of the depletion of deer populations that they were attributing to poaching were actually a result of cougar overpopulation. In some regions the land owners are told, "if you see'em, shoot'em." But the rule is you have to leave them where they fall and call G&F to come pick up the carcass. A waste as it were. Besides, cougar is damn difficult to hunt without dogs. Same with bear but bear tend to spill over into populated areas and the G&F boys trap'em for relocation or shot them if they become a nuisance.

If you wanna find bears, just forget that you left a loaf of Wonderbread out in the field and return to pick it up.
 
I'm trying to decide whether I need to spend over a grand on my next wallet. Figuring into contemplation is the prospect of a round trip to Albuquerque and back, along with a couple of days of lost income to make the trip.

Buy a man a wallet and he hangs onto his money in style for a couple of years; buy a man the lifetime collection of tools from a retiring craftsman, and he has a lifetime of leather goods.
 
If you wanna find bears, just forget that you left a loaf of Wonderbread out in the field and return to pick it up.

Same here. Los Alamos is infamous for bear problems. The eggheads that are recruited into the lab thinks feeding them is a good idea.
 
Home. Stopped for pizza - maybe tacos another day - like maybe for lunch tomorrow.


I called my sick friend and got no answer. I can't say that I'm very surprised. I'll keep trying. This isn't Napoleon's retreat from Russia.


The cold front started blowing in after 4PM, so it's getting chilly out there, and the wind is behind it, so it has toofs.


It was a gorgeous drive back up here this morning. The sky was purdy and traffic was agreeable. Coming home as the sun was setting, I could look across the mountain range and see the tops of the clouds of the front. It looked almost like another taller range of mountains, Allah did a good job with that event.


tumblr_oagsk3yf2c1r9x3w6o1_500.jpg



tumblr_o35yl0gzxc1s3f5u5o1_1280.jpg
 
I'm trying to decide whether I need to spend over a grand on my next wallet. Figuring into contemplation is the prospect of a round trip to Albuquerque and back, along with a couple of days of lost income to make the trip.

Buy a man a wallet and he hangs onto his money in style for a couple of years; buy a man the lifetime collection of tools from a retiring craftsman, and he has a lifetime of leather goods.



I love a good load of used quality tools. I haven't shopped for any lately, but I'm always subject to listen if someone mentions they have anything they're planning to unload.


I'd like a nice b'ar wallet if it's possible.


:D :eek: :rolleyes:


tumblr_oagsjykBDj1r9x3w6o1_500.jpg
tumblr_oagsjvTGq01r9x3w6o1_500.jpg
 
Typical politician. Knows nothing about the subject, but has lots to say about it.
 
Didn't Allah say something about many being called but few are chosen?


Or was that Hey Zeus?


Or Chesty Puller at Chosin???


No matter. Tomorrow is another day . . . .


tumblr_mux6k2QsGA1rmaq43o1_1280.jpg
 
Happy Tuesday!!!


Looks like clouds-n-chill-n-wind with a few snow flurries today. I think we just did a day like this last week. And it's not winter for 2 and a half more weeks, yet still . . . I'm not turned on . . . .


Trick is at work, are we ahead of where we were on this building than the previous one at this time last month? Methinks we be. We have more subs, too. Perchance we stay like that.


If we could just get some of these kids to learn that "done" means done, not when-n-where they quit piddling at it, you know???


tumblr_n96f64eCHm1thimi7o1_1280.jpg
 
Morning Wat.

Another chilly morning here, 25 F. Probably be about 20 F even by sunrise.

Gonna try to get out early and get some errands done before the 'go to work' crowd hits the streets.
 
Yes, as always, watch the distracted goofs on the roadways. They're everywhere, it seems.


I think I hit the perfect time for blowing town yesterday. I seemed to miss traffic everywhere that I might have hit it. Too early for home and the next city, out of the main flow on the change of interstate, and too late for the next cities. And I still got to the job at a decent hour.


I had to stop at the box store and buy some washers last night. Seems the front/entry door peephole holes are a bit wallowed out on the insides on some of the (wood) doors. Since they're brushed nickel peepholes, a good ol' zinc washer of the right size solves the issue. Which is good because in that size, there was exactly one choice of washer.


It should just be little pieces to st000pid to fix this week, thanks be to Allah . . . .


tumblr_p3vsp6qaHi1wwvv6ao1_1280.jpg
 
Creative problem solving is fun. And just when you think you've got it all covered some other little problem pops up. And that's cool too, keeps shit from getting boring.
 
Yes, it is. Turns out I'm really good at that shit, too.


I think that comes from my innate curiosity to discover how shit works.


The good news is, on projects like this, it doesn't have to be necessarily a pretty solution, but it does have to be practical, and it should be durable. Even these goofball tenants will have a difficult time fucking this up.


Speaking of which, it's off to see the weasel time.


tumblr_n2jjqeL6lc1spg7rio1_1280.jpg
 
So...,

This weekend, I opened up the property to a couple of "deer-hunters" to get rid of a few of my driveway rats. Well, they get here and one of the hunters decides he has to pee. He walks into the woods and scares off two does, the only deer they saw all afternoon. Maybe next time, he'll pee at home or stop somewhere on the way.

Snow to the north of here, rain to the south; it's out famous and legendary weather split. Heading to a high of 36º today. It's a scorcher.
 
...Or Chesty Puller at Chosin???...


Nobody hates to write this more than me:
the sad, sorry fact of the matter is that the number of Americans who know who Chesty Puller was is one out of a hundred thousand— at best.​


 
Last edited:
Typical politician. Knows nothing about the subject, but has lots to say about it.

It seems like the people running are doing so because they don't have any other high paying options. Those with business acumen or other highly valuable skills are avoiding the arena.

1rd5rf.jpg
 
It seems like the people running are doing so because they don't have any other high paying options. Those with business acumen or other highly valuable skills are avoiding the arena.

How interesting that many elected officials aren't paid a whole lot, but then become richer after being in office for a while.
 
How interesting that many elected officials aren't paid a whole lot, but then become richer after being in office for a while.

The same thing happens here and their private businesses (being maintained by others), friends and family members seem to prosper as well. If they had more business acumen though, they wouldn't need to go that route.
 
How interesting that many elected officials aren't paid a whole lot, but then become richer after being in office for a while.

The same thing happens here and their private businesses (being maintained by others), friends and family members seem to prosper as well. If they had more business acumen though, they wouldn't need to go that route.

That's been true as far as our congress critters go from shortly after the founding. The wholesale influence peddling by former presidents is a very recent phenomena though.

I know what should be done but it will never happen.
 
The same thing happens here and their private businesses (being maintained by others), friends and family members seem to prosper as well. If they had more business acumen though, they wouldn't need to go that route.

Our one term US Senator from East Anchorage make ungodly money using his old senate contacts to do 'consulting'. He doesn't build or accomplish anything, he just sucks the money out of the system. Thankfully, the POS did not become our new governor.
 
Home. Not grazing yet - did some snackage riding up the road. In the dark. Motherfucker, it's dark outside. And it's cold, too, Baby. By the way, that song offends me because, basically, it sucks. That's about the dog wants to come in the house, right??? ;)


So, looks like the next job will crank up next month. It's about 2 hours further away from home, down near where I worked this time last year. Looks like I'll be the first super down there. I wonder if there is some Deep Hidden Meaning about that, or if it just means that I get to bail on this job up here except when they need me to come back and fix shit that Teh St000pids fucked up. We'll see.


Save all your old 16-gauge extension cords and watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJwsJXbS_Ok Now, instead of using rope, use a piece of wire cord instead. Slip the loop over the head of your favorite politician, toss the other end over a streetlight arm, and wench his ass up to become crow food. Tie it off and make popcorn for watching the show. This works fine on annoying Lit posters, too.


I have noticed that b'ar is in the lead on chili meats and weasel hasn't even entered the conversation yet . . . .


tumblr_oatlz6Zmvj1r9x3w6o1_500.jpg
tumblr_oatlz21NNA1r9x3w6o1_400.jpg
 
In the Christmas spirit some one should do a parody of the Wassailing Song.

"Here We Come A Weaseling."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top