Reports: Trump told Cohen to lie to Congress

I'm talking about people in this thread, nobody else. Made that clear.
Don't care what you believe or don't believe. I can say what I want just like you. Don't like what I say? Fuck off.

If you don't want comments from people who read your posts, I recommend carrying on your discussion with your intended correspondents using a less public medium.

I'll stress this again. According to the statement released, Mueller's office did not deny there is evidence of Trump coaching Cohen to commit perjury. It's unclear what exactly Mueller's office is disputing. Everyone who said "If this is true..." is still right to do so.

Yeah, but IMO it really should put the kibosh on active discussion of the topic and put the national conversation back in wait-and-see mode.

A little love for ya, Sling. For your reading pleasure....

"“BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the special counsel’s office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s congressional testimony are not accurate,” said Peter Carr, a spokesman for Mueller. "

'Not accurate' does not mean 'not true'. The statement could be 'true' but not fully accurate, which means it might possibly be worse that reported so far.

'Not accurate' does not mean 'not true'. The statement could be 'true' but not fully accurate, which means it might possibly be worse that reported so far.
Oh come on, you know better than that. I mean yeah it could be that but we all know it's not. It was a bullshit story that made everybody wet for a few minutes.

If you don't want comments from people who read your posts, I recommend carrying on your discussion with your intended correspondents using a less public medium.

I can do what I want. Don't like it? Fuck off.

I prefer to presume people are not talking in code. That way lies PizzaGate or partisan wackadoodlery.

giphy.gif

I'll stress this again. According to the statement released, Mueller's office did not deny there is evidence of Trump coaching Cohen to commit perjury. It's unclear what exactly Mueller's office is disputing. Everyone who said "If this is true..." is still right to do so.

This

We all intuitively, from Trump's own behavior/public statements, know that it's true that he told Cohen to lie about all sorts of matters. Even the Trumpettes here know it's true. It just doesn't match their chosen dogma.

Not much use trying to dissect what Mueller's office means beyond defensiveness that anything going as far as the BuzzFeed report went (or anything at all) came out of Mueller's shop. I can wait to see how this unfolds/unravels, but it doesn't fool me into thinking that Trump isn't obstructing justice big time and isn't guilty of multiple crimes. That ship has done sailed long ago.

Read the statement carefully. Mueller's office isn't denying they have knowledge of Trump coaching Cohen to commit perjury. Whether or not the major upshot of the BuzzFeed article is true remains to be seen.

correct. we still don't know, but i'm pretty sure the term 'inaccurate' can be interpretive so we need to wait and see. i also like the fact buzzfeed stands by its story and has asked for clarification as to just what mueller's investigative office objects to in their story.

i'm more than happy to wait for mueller's report; he seems to be quite efficient at tying up loose ends neat and tidy enough - so much so as to have resulted in the guilty pleas/prosecutions & incarcerations of a goodly number of trumpers

My bestest buddy miles comes through again!!

I saw that quote already, I was looking for something more definitive perhaps.

from jafo:

That's what I was thinking.

The report said Mueller's investigators learned about Trump's directive "through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents."

The report said Cohen acknowledged Trump's instructions when he was interviewed by the Mueller team.

The statement by Mueller's office on Friday night doesn't cite any specific errors. Spokesman Peter Carr said that "BuzzFeed's description of specific statements to the special counsel's office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen's congressional testimony are not accurate."

BuzzFeed spokesman Matt Mittenthal said the publication stands by its reporting and urged readers to "stay tuned" as they worked to determine what Mueller was denying. Ben Smith, editor-in-chief of BuzzFeed News, also said the publication stands by its reporting and the sources who informed it.

"We urge the special counsel to make clear what he's disputing," Smith said.

The report said Mueller's investigators learned about Trump's directive "through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents."

The report said Cohen acknowledged Trump's instructions when he was interviewed by the Mueller team.

The statement by Mueller's office on Friday night doesn't cite any specific errors. Spokesman Peter Carr said that "BuzzFeed's description of specific statements to the special counsel's office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen's congressional testimony are not accurate."

BuzzFeed spokesman Matt Mittenthal said the publication stands by its reporting and urged readers to "stay tuned" as they worked to determine what Mueller was denying. Ben Smith, editor-in-chief of BuzzFeed News, also said the publication stands by its reporting and the sources who informed it.

"We urge the special counsel to make clear what he's disputing," Smith said.
And Cohen told the WSJ "all of it".

This is probably it, then. In a week, certainly no more than two, Trump will be in chains before a judge. You don't go around building hotels in Moscow when you're an American - that's the kind of shit that gets your ass thrown in jail.

My bestest buddy miles comes through again!!

I saw that quote already, I was looking for something more definitive perhaps.

from jafo:

'Not accurate' does not mean 'not true'. The statement could be 'true' but not fully accurate, which means it might possibly be worse that reported so far!!!!!!!

That's what I was thinking.

I'm sure that was the very conclusion that Muller was hoping you would reach from his statement.

Last edited:

:cool:

The documents might be forgeries, but you can trust me that the story is true!

Did you know that Bernstein and Woodward tried to stop the publication of their story when it came to their attention that the Grand Jury testimony that was leaked to them was faked but that their editors decided to run with the story anyway?

Hell, Bill Clinton almost got by with suborning perjury, but then he finally had to come clean and still he got universal support and self-denials from his fellow party members and is still beloved today by the same press that covered for him and did all they could to protect him from all that erroneous reporting by sources like Faux News...

:rolleyes:

I'm sure that' the conclusion that Muller was hoping you would reach from his statement.

You should probably go to bed sometime. You get even more dumb the later you're up.

Last edited:
Michael Cohen, during the hearing in which he pled guilty to lying to federal investigators about the so-called Moscow Project:

I made these misstatements to be consistent with Individual 1’s political messaging and out of loyalty to Individual 1.

...and Trump has refused to deny that he regularly engaged with Brazilian hookers during Carnival in Rio.

Back