GLBT Daily Vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote of the Day

"Vitality shows not only in the ability to persist, but in the ability to start over."

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

About F. Scott Fitzgerald
Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald, who wrote as F. Scott Fitzgerald, is best known for his novel The Great Gatsby. He was born in St. Paul in 1896. Fear of mortality spurred him to write the novel This Side of Paradise while in the Army. It was rejected twice by Scribner's before they finally published it. His wife Zelda's schizophrenia was the basis for his novel Tender Is the Night. After they separated, he moved to Los Angeles and wrote screenplays for studio films. He died in 1940.

Night_Jasmine said:
Hi all....sorry I wasn't around most of today and all yesterday. I've had issues with serious fatigue and pain for over the last year or more. *sighs* I had a bad flare up yesterday and still in a lot of pain today.
{{{{{ :heart: }}}}}
playwithlezli said:
Excellent Call!!!!!Catch again, Gi!
Gi_Venus said:
Hi everyone*wave*
Hey, Sweetie! How's you??????
dizzylia said:
I'll bet Mitt is doing the same dance! :rolleyes:

Anniejustagirl said:
Hey, Sweetie! How's you??????

Ah is sitting here numb....work blew up too.....just ignore me....I will sit here with a stupid grin. Yep...a stupor. I will be okay if I can get this grimace off of my face....giggle.

playwithlezli said:
G'day all-

Sounds like everyone is chugging along, Terra's so happy :) , Annie is irrepressible as always, Mark is well, Mark :p , Min is taking steps to a new life, Aussie is coming to terms with who she is, Tiff is wonderful---sounds great.

Now let's all take a little of our happy and good fortune and throw it Gia's way.

CATCH!
BIG THROW GOING GIA'S WAY!
:D :heart: :rose:

playwithlezli said:
Good luck Min!

Your comment re heat made me laff! I have been talking to a sea kayak guide down under and he was saying it is not very warm when we want to go, only 16-20C. I just about bust a gut cuz we were thinking that was perfect, any hotter would be uncomfortable!
Thanks for the luck! I'll start studying soon actually, you can never be too prepared for these things.

:kiss:

SIGH

So get this.... (this happened yesterday at work)

I had asked my boss if i could put him down as a reference and he said yes but that i should put the manager i hate as a reference too... so then i thought i dont want to and then what if someone calls him and he says to talk to her... so i told him i'd much rather not put her because we dont see eye to eye on things and that he knows me better on a personal level...

so he stopped me and told me to closed the door to his office and told me he had no idea we didn't get along... he asked why and i told him plain and simple... and then he went on to say that it was a mistake to hire me because i didn't learn anything from this placement and how he wanted someone independent... he then went on to say that i dont have good communication skills and that i need to work on them.. he said email is not the way to go and i told him that i didn't want to be bothering people all the time that's why i would e-mail instead of barging in...

So in a nutshell, he made me feel like shit and I'm not giving him as a reference, screw that... I feel so small... My nerves are so shot that I puked this morning... needless to say that I don't feel welcomed here at all and walking through those doors this morning was hell...

Now, I do have a little money saved up so I don't know what to do... do I give my notice now even though I'm uncertain of a job soon or stay here and put up with this stress? :(

Mood: nauseous and unwelcomed
Music: radiodanz.com
Undies: I forgot to check, to pre-occupied.

Minouners said:
SIGH

So get this.... (this happened yesterday at work)

I had asked my boss if i could put him down as a reference and he said yes but that i should put the manager i hate as a reference too... so then i thought i dont want to and then what if someone calls him and he says to talk to her... so i told him i'd much rather not put her because we dont see eye to eye on things and that he knows me better on a personal level...

so he stopped me and told me to closed the door to his office and told me he had no idea we didn't get along... he asked why and i told him plain and simple... and then he went on to say that it was a mistake to hire me because i didn't learn anything from this placement and how he wanted someone independent... he then went on to say that i dont have good communication skills and that i need to work on them.. he said email is not the way to go and i told him that i didn't want to be bothering people all the time that's why i would e-mail instead of barging in...

So in a nutshell, he made me feel like shit and I'm not giving him as a reference, screw that... I feel so small... My nerves are so shot that I puked this morning... needless to say that I don't feel welcomed here at all and walking through those doors this morning was hell...

Now, I do have a little money saved up so I don't know what to do... do I give my notice now even though I'm uncertain of a job soon or stay here and put up with this stress? :(

Mood: nauseous and unwelcomed
Music: radiodanz.com
Undies: I forgot to check, to pre-occupied.

Hon, I see your point, but how about looking for the gift? As none of us are perfect, maybe you can take his input as constructive, take a deep breath and ask him when you can meet to review your communication shortcomings..that you would like to get better but don't know where to start...ask him to suggest courses or books to read....(maybe the company would pay for a course)

IMHO (((hugs)))

anyways, hello and good weekend to all, likely not around for the weekend, happy fathers day!

Anniejustagirl said:
The Rings are here!​

:D :D
CONGRATS HUN!!! :nana: :nana:

I'm going to be home alone all weekend. B is off doing his 180- mile bicycle ride for charity. I'll be driving up the coast to pick him up on Sunday. He completed the first leg of the trip today: he left the starting point up at Sunday River (ski resort in Bethel, ME) just before 8AM and arrived at Farmington- 65 miles away- by noon. All the while going over all sorts of mountains. Tomorrow's next leg will be easier- mostly downhill stuff.

Minouners said:
BIG THROW GOING GIA'S WAY!
:D :heart: :rose:
Yipe! * catches it , throws it toward Jasmine*:heart:......Hi Mins!:kiss:
If you are financially able...maybe a little break would do.....but if you are not...sigh...gotta wait until the next job is there. *hugs*

Hi everyone....squeezing this post in...have to go pick up little boy....lets see I have forgotten something...hmmm....Food! I have not eaten today. Yes I think I could eat a small cow about this time. :cool:

Jasmine honey, I hope you are feeling better...healing thoughts coming your way. :heart: :heart:

Annie:kiss::heart: Oh boy, how do they look?

*hugs Min* I think Lezli is right. What irks me is that he waited until NOW to tell you? Don't you guys have reviews or something?

Annie - how do they look? That's so wonderful!

*huggles Gia*

Lezli, haven't seen you in a while. Miss ya girl!

Honestly, feel like crap. Hate these flare ups.

Night_Jasmine said:
*hugs Min* I think Lezli is right. What irks me is that he waited until NOW to tell you? Don't you guys have reviews or something?

*huggles Gia*

Lezli, haven't seen you in a while. Miss ya girl!

((((Jas))))

Strangely enough, I can sympathize. My sciatic nerve's kicked in tonight, making waking a total bitch. :( :rolleyes:

Terra_Cide said:
((((Jas))))

Strangely enough, I can sympathize. My sciatic nerve's kicked in tonight, making waking a total bitch. :( :rolleyes:

My thing is that the doctor has no clue what this is. They know it's not rheumatoid arthritis or lupus. *sighs* Have to go back when I can. Trying to find a free clinic that's got a good reputation. Those are hard to find.

Terra_Cide said:
Absolutely!

I don't do bikes- definitely not at that level.
I do bikes, but they have engines... matter of fact... i rode to work! :D
Gi_Venus said:
Annie:kiss::heart: Oh boy, how do they look?
Night_Jasmine said:

Very Silver... Nice shine. I really like them and the matching part was the key. One friend did say "they'll do for now" but the real factor will be if P likes them.

Sorry you're still feeling poorly {{{{{Jas}}}}} Hope you get perky again soonest!

Partying with friends this afternoon. Their anniversary... they want to spend it drinking by the pool. Ah, the sacrifices i make for friends. ;)

I'm off to ride folks... have a fanSchmabulous weekend!!

Hi everyone. I am hanging out with little boy....he is vegging watching TV. oh gawd he has passed out....laughing. I think I should too but since when have I followed common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back