Decadents and Dropouts IC

Lin M. Smith

well my name is Lin and i been on the move looking for something to remove a curs from my body. it's always hot so i cant tell if it's cold or hot. So i tend to mess things up" He said as he went over to them and smiled" What about you?" Lin asked
 
Phyliss Ovida

"Now, i am Phyliss Ovida and that is... " she pointed over to the Kobald..
"say, we haven't even introdiuced yet!"
 
Lin M. Smith

Dea smiled as he heard one of the names and waited for the other one to talk as he sat down a bit away from the fire.
 
" I am on my way to vist home, been away far to long. Our caverns are in Imperial lands."

The strange guest, no matter how scary looking he was, was closing in on Canut's fire. "Hold it sir," he set down the last leg of the rat, only a third eaten, and pointed at him with his staff. "You, Drow one, stay away for my fire and you're welcome to stay."
 
Lin M. Smith

thats fine i'm not going next to it so dont worry" Lin said with a smile
 
Phyliss Ovida

The gorgon smiled as well. "He is quite a nice fellow, if you respect his fire. So, now we are three of us. Maybe we are a bit safer together, what do you think?"
 
Phyliss Ovida

The gorgon smiled as well. "He is quite a nice fellow, if you respect his fire. So, now we are three of us. Maybe we are a bit safer together, what do you think?"

"With the Dark one, not so. No Man or Dwarf respects the Dark Ones" he flatly responed as he finished up the last leg. "You and me, fine. Him, not so much."
 
Lin M. Smith

Dont worry this cuse was placed on my by my own father lord of the dark one's and i was banned from the home land. so dont worry i will be fine.
 
Phyliss Ovida

"Well, well." said Phyliss. She seemed to dream a moment, looking into the fire as the night broke. She looked up, her yellow eyes seemed to glow a little in the dark.
"I tell you. I have been tossed around and threatened by humans and others both alike. Some call me a monster and will try to kill me, others would call me a monster in public but would try to bed me if no one looks. I had to run from creatures that are called monsters, and I have been hospitabled by humans. I don't look so much on the color of skin or on scales or hair or whatever today."
 
Phyliss Ovida

"Well, well." said Phyliss. She seemed to dream a moment, looking into the fire as the night broke. She looked up, her yellow eyes seemed to glow a little in the dark.
"I tell you. I have been tossed around and threatened by humans and others both alike. Some call me a monster and will try to kill me, others would call me a monster in public but would try to bed me if no one looks. I had to run from creatures that are called monsters, and I have been hospitabled by humans. I don't look so much on the color of skin or on scales or hair or whatever today."

"As have I," Canut sqirmed. "Others like us, the orcs and goblins and such, see us as cheap and numerious slave labor. Raiding bands hit our caverns monthly, if not more! The Imperials are kind to us as a nation, but the individuals within look down on us, both literally and figurativly. Have the weak ones toil away in the mine, whale we deal with bigger and better things! That's why I left.. and why I return, to show the men that a kobald can do great things."
 
Lin M. Smith

Oh thats sad. I dont mind. I'm stuck with this body of hot and cold so i somewhat understand you in a way." Lin said as he sat back onto a tree.
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss laid down on her blanket, her arms behind her head, staring at the stars. "So, we are all alike, in some way. Pursued and hated, on the run. Now, you have at least a goal and a place where to go. I have not. I do not know where to go to. I have been at many places, some better then the others, but in the end, always the same. Some libertins, wizards, sorcerers, necromants and others have treated me well. But in the end, they had to save their own live from their fellow kind, and I was on my own again. Where shall i go?"
 
Last edited:
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss laid down on her blanket, her arms behind her head, staring at the stars. "So, we are all alike, in some way. Pursued and hated, on the run. Now, you have at least a goal and a place where to go. I have not. I do not know where to go to. I have been at many places, some better then the others, but in the end, always the same. Some libertins, wizards, sorcerers, necromants and others have tread me well. But in the end, they had to save their own live from their fellow kind, and I was on my own again. Where shall i go?"


"I would invite you to Crystal Caverns," Canut apologized. "But you'de be the first target on a slave raid. Aren't there others of your own kind, somewhere?"
 
Lin M. Smith

Well i have no place too. i was banned. And this curse i can live with it's not deadly. But a pain in the ass. where do you want to go? im sure there's some where you alway wanted to go ?" Lin said as he looked over to her and smiled.
 
Phyliss Ovida
"Oh, we are not a regular race, as you are both. We are magical creatures, nobody really know how we are created, not even we ourself. I have no memory to that point, and I never heard of a gorgon who did know their parents or even gorgon men. And we are rare. We hardly met each other. I know many gorgons are as desperate to live in the dungeons, but not by choice. I would like to live in a palace, even a broken down one, just with people around that would tolerate me."
 
lin M. Smith

then way not make your own town and find out. find a nice place to live and call fourth your own kind and make a small town to start out with.
 
"And where would that be? Everybody has their own prejudises, the most being in the ones who suffer them! To find such a place would be an adventure onto itself."
 
Phyliss Ovida
"Now, wouldn't that be worth it?" said Phyliss with some passion, sitting up.
 
Lin M. Smith

Then we go on a adventure to find an island and build a free kingdom with a town where everyone is welcome." Dea said as he smiled/
 
Phyliss Ovida
"Now, wouldn't that be worth it?" said Phyliss with some passion, sitting up.

... Canut paused for a moment. "It would be difficult. Imperium, The Ivory Kingdoms, and the City-States woulden't be to keen to give us any of their land, or let us set up a nation too close to their's. I suppose, if we could scrounge up enough to buy our own ship and supplies as well as some people who would start a town with us, it would be a resonable idea." He heafted his staff. "I thought I was going to take a break from adventuring for a bit, but I think I can cast spells for that cause. It will take time, but if you're willing to do it so am I."
 
money is nothing." Dea said as he open the bag he had with the highest gold coin of the year. it was old but had a high pice and if sold right they can buy anything." I'm sure this is helpful right? I took some before leaving my home land.
 
Phyliss Ovida

The gorgon gazed on the gold and for a moment she couldn't surpress a greedy look on her face. "Now...that is really a help..."
 
Canut stared blankly. "You do realize that, when a Dark one, gorgon, and smelly kobald walk up with a bag of gold, they're going to ask where we got it. The High Dark One gets his info, and storms our fledging city. And the merchents have magic, so don't even try to lye."
 
then we will go into a town that has a post so we can buy a boat thats big and can be a lead ship and 3 other ones.
 
Phyliss Ovida
Phyliss recovered again from that sudden look of prosperity.
"Maybe we shouldn't start with a whole town. Maybe we just find ourself a desolated house, or a place like that. Even an old riverboat or something like that. Then we can go on slowly."
 
Back
Top