New Poetry Recommendations

Lauren Hynde said:
There are only 12 poems posted today.

My personal favourite of the day comes from Istanbul (07-09-05), and it was written by Algonquin Twit. I was not familiar with his work, but each of the three poems he posted before are well worth the read as well. (One of them in particular should be mandatory.) That's going to be my recommendation: visit this poet's page and enjoy.

this is a really good call, Lauren.

and this one, i'm sure, is the mandatory read of his you refer to - Zinn is Dead

Lauren Hynde said:
There are only 12 poems posted today.

My personal favourite of the day comes from Istanbul (07-09-05), and it was written by Algonquin Twit. I was not familiar with his work, but each of the three poems he posted before are well worth the read as well. (One of them in particular should be mandatory.) That's going to be my recommendation: visit this poet's page and enjoy.
PatCarrington said:
this is a really good call, Lauren.

and this one, i'm sure, is the mandatory read of his you refer to - Zinn is Dead
Interesting, bloody interesting, unusual three way agreement, don't you think?
I thought that name looked familiar.
"Zinn is Dead" Rocks

New Poems of Thursday September 8,

There are 18 new submissions on the second Thursday of September to read, and as always I bring you one non-erotic "spinner" from the archives.

Today's Golden Oldie:
This poem I spun-up from September of 2002. - It took me only 3 spins to find this one by smithpeter. This poet is sadly no longer with us, and if you are not familiar with his work then you do not know how good the poetry can be on Literotica and how much you have missed, or how much he is.

Today's poem has a 5.00 rating, but not enough votes to have the H it deserves. Go give it another one. He could have been writing to you. - if you have the soul of a poet he probably was.
guilt

This poem is for my own mental health.
Did we ever talk about my regret
that I never built a tree house for you?

now you won't go near a tree and drive
with cell phone duct taped to your ear
and I can't stop loving you

you look like me but with brains
cute and please
don't ever stop
growing up

but, that tree house…

There are 10 poems in the "Erotic" category today. From them I would choose these five.

Curiouswife leads the list and she does Seduce Me With her alluring alliteration and wonderfully worded, tongue trippingly metered rhythm. This may seem like a simple erotic notion writ down in a single emotive motion, but read it again and study the style. Structure like this would make YDD :) . :rose:
If it were me, I'd give an E.
Tickle my thoughts
with your brazen tongue
tantalization unleashed
. . .

The next poem to catch my eye today is the probably misspelled Etherial by cymry, the third poem by this lit member of just three weeks. This is another piece of erotica that manages to succeed without going guttural (in the raw language sense). It is just my personal preference, but I do not find street terms erotic in poetry. I much prefer softer, more creative phrases and descriptors. This new author shows how to do that.
Fingers gliding over glistening flesh,
Senses reeling in ordered chaos,
Warmed breath sighing softly,
Inviting anew a soft caress,
. . .

Thirdly among the erotica I find Shingles by Dustystar who once again demonstrates how to generate heat without crudity.
summer has lingered upon the rooftop.
in lazy circles sun swoops down on tiles
tasting shingles, melting on the blacktop.
blue beach towel wrapped around you. I smile
. . .

There are a few errors in sweet GA peaches' sweet southern cream, but there are enough strong images and good story-telling phrases to make this another one worth reading.
. . .
it was the hot summer sun
that made us sway
off the beaten path
of gravel that day
and my shorts
cut and fringed
that had your attention
way back then
. . .

The final erotic poem that caught my eye today is Breakfast With My Baby by Jennifer C. The title is very descriptive and reminds me of a line I once used in a poem about an old girlfriend, "Cinnamon toast in a leggy oven". This poet shows that the metaphor still works.
Spread me across the table
like butter on hot toast
melting over smooth edges
dripping in impish iniquity
. . .

Of the eight "non-erotic" poems you might want to take a look at My Erotic Tale's zmp ~ enlightenment.
zmp ~ enlightenment

I sit in wait
as dawn
opens its gate

to let in the light
and for dark
to take flight
. . .
I don't know if this is the start of a new series or not. The poet has quite a few poems in his "ZMP" collection. Perhaps he forgot to hit the "caps" key, or maybe he eschewed the big letters for a purpose I do not fathom. Anyway, the poem starts well, but as too often happens for my taste in a lot of Literotica poems, the author loses the metre and the rhymes become forced. What could be an excellent work, given the theme, is weakened by these structural flaws. I realize that many of this writer's readers overlook things like this and object when they are mentioned, but to my eye and ear (and this is my review ;) ), if you start with a structured form and rhyme scheme then you are bound to keep to it throughout the poem.

My last choice of the day is water eagle by Syndra Lynn. In this interesting imaginative flight I would suggest that the poet consider changing "soar" or "shore", since she uses no other rhymes (reverse of above). - Also the final line needs some fixing, the verb does not agree with the subject, and the double "me" lacks the strength needed to end this poem (IMO).

Naked I slip
into my second skin
snug as a womb
comfortable as silk

Free, I soar
from the edge
leaving earthbound worries
on a concrete shore
. . .

That’s it for me today; an unusual one in that the strong erotic poems outnumber the non.

Taste is always an individual thing so there may certainly be other poems out there today that you will thoroughly enjoy. If you find ones you really like on the New Poems page, please come back and tell us about them!

And please remember that our poets need your support, so Read Vote Comment Feedback. It won’t come back around if you don’t send it out! ;)

Regards, Rybka

To A Poet, Who Would Have Me Praise Certain Bad Poets. . .
You say, as I have often given tongue
In praise of what another's said or sung,
'Twere politic to do the like by these;
But was there ever dog that praised his fleas?
~ Yeats

Saturdays Review

Afternoon people

There are 17
New Poems today on Saturday 10th September and as always I give you my favourites.

There are 3 illustrated poems today all worth a read in my opinion, we start with

Hat Creek
By Syndra Lynn

A delightful mix of nature and life with some wonderful imagery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tied to the Last
By Neonurotic

A dark and painful piece set against a gripping illustration that will hold your attention and have you seeing your own painful images. ~ Go read this!

Neo Also offers us

Sundog Down

The beautiful and colourful illustration alone is worth a mention here but combine it with neo's masterful pen and you have a truly wonderful read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mountains of Truth
By Curiouswife

I love her unique style and the way she makes writing look so easy. Read this poem once and you will enjoy it, read it twice and you will appreciate it.

<clip>

I took him to the greatest vantage point
driving through the mountains
the evergreens iced over
a buck in the road

go read the rest.

The Lake
By cward2

A short but deep poem here, again I would suggest reading this twice as there is more here then meets the eye.

Next up is a new poet who I think has potential ~ Please encourage and be kind.

A dream of Love
By teacherman570

I liked this beacuse it reminded me vividly of dreams i've and i'm sure others have had. You know the ones where your involved or in love with that gorgeous hunk of man or that leggy blonde bombshell and you've never been so happy or excited. Then you wake up and try desperatley to fall back to sleep and be with that person again but you never do.

Also by this poet is ~

One Early Morning

Last but by no means least I offer you

zmp ~ swept away
By My Erotic Tale

I'm a big fan of Art's work especially his zmp collection and this is another treasure pulled from his chest of goodies. The title is fitting as it really does sweep you away, the words of wisdom flow in a steady stream off your tongue as you glide through this wonderful piece.

Ok folks those are my pics for today :)

As always these are just my favourites, the ones I most enjoyed. We all have different tastes and prefferences If there is something you have enjoyed that I have not mentioned then come and tell us about it.

So please go and read these wonderful pieces and don't forget to vote and comment...

You all have a wonderful weekend... :rose:

Ok so I've just checked and a load more poems have been added for today :mad: typical! lol.

I'll go and read them and try and get back to ya if I find any I think deserves a mention. In the meantime please feel free to jump in and make any reccomendations :)

Last edited:
duckiesmut said:
Hit and Miss
by Dustystar

Two unorthodox sonnets worth your read. :)

Thanks duckie I second that and would like to add

The Cedar Winds

By Bluerains

A beautiful read that slowly draws you in and keeps you hooked till the last word. I have much respect for this writer.

:rose:

Also

Accidental Promise
By JerseyBoy

I enjoyed this piece because to me it reads in a simple and carefree manner which I find very effective.

Last edited:
duckiesmut said:
Hit and Miss
by Dustystar

Two unorthodox sonnets worth your read. :)

i agree. :)

though good reading, i think both are flawed, and recommend them as much for the lesson this poet gives us as for their quality.

dustystar's talent and wonderful touch with phrasing always shine through in her poems, as they do here, but more importantly she is a writer who so often tries to go outside the box.

her willingness to reach, and her refusal to stagnate are examples all of us should respect and learn from.

One more :)

Regrets - short poem
by Svenskaflicka

This just smacks ya in the face and it cracked me up! I'm not sure if it's supposed to be humourus but it made me chuckle.

I apologise for the reviews being a bit wobbly today, but alot of poems were posted after my first review! (Scroll up to read that ;) )

There are some great reads out there today though so again ~ Go read, vote and comment.

Have a great weekend... :rose:

Last edited:
Monday's reviews...

Spelunking
by Dustystar

I enjoyed the way she structured the semi-repetition in this, and anything titled 'Spelunking' should automatically be read. ;)

I Want To Be Your Man
by SeattleRain

This is sweet and tender without becoming sentimentally wistful.

safe sleeping on heart sounds

And that line is just lovely. A couple of tiny typos, but overall, splendid.

The Maxine Poems- 3
by charles swann

I'm arguing with myself about the structure of this--> I can't decide if the short lines make it or break it. Either way, I wonder what it would read like condensed.

To Catch A Dream
by sweet GA peaches

Idealism defined.

Perhaps I'm just having a 'condensed' day, but I'm also curious what this would read like if it were pared down and rearranged to be more concise.

...And the rest of the New Poems for your perusal.

Happy Monday. :)

Last edited:
duckiesmut said:
Monday's reviews...
Let me first second ("first second"?!) all of the poems duckie mentioned. They are all well worthy of your reading time.

BUT, you're probably wondering something like then why bother seconding everything? She already told us that.

Well, 'cuz, the original recommendations are all good but I want to particularly point out Dustystar's "Spelunking" for your assessment and approval. Find here double entendre played like Mozart, find superb technical construction (whether you think it is erotic poetry or not--the poem reads wonderfully well anyway), and, well, just because it's damn near the best thing I've seen posted lately.

And no, ma'am, Ms. Dusty, I do not track in dirt. Except maybe metaphorically. (God, I hope that wasn't what you meant.)

Of course, I have posted things here lately too. Posted things... poems, you know.

Oh, shit. Yours are better.

Go read it, go read it, go read it and give it all the 5's it deserves.

It is funny, it is serious, it is even, paradoxically, poignant. It is as damn near close to perfect as anything I've read here. Great poem. Read. Vote.

O O O O I'm in love with a poet. :) <-- Blip, bland erotic God is "happy." (But then Blip always is "happy." It is his blessing, his curse)

Last edited:
Bill Dada said:
Am I allowed to vote more that once? :confused:
Right now, it is not clear whether I am allowed to vote on it (as Betty, as Veronica, as either, as neither) even once.

I thought I had voted and commented on this submission already. I am hopeful it may still show up.

In any case, please go view Dustystar's submission anyway. It's really good: go here.

wwwwwww

Last edited:
I think, but do not know, that Tristesse is back today. Since she resides over the western horizon I assume she is still deep in feather-soft sleep. If she hasn't shown her touseled head by noon I will do the reviews again. Unless someone else is champing at the bit.

edited to add: Holy crap! Read this poem and wish you were me!
Where's the AED? I'm in atrial fibrillation!

Last edited:
I'm pressed for time today so here is an abbreviated review:

As I read through todays poems a few caught my eye. First, read this poem by Dusty Star. It made my plastic pistol stand straight up.

Dreamland Cowboy by new poet Mrs. T is a simple, unpretentious poem of romance.

Land Rafting by Eileen82 contains some wonderful images of young passion.

Duckiesmut and Sophia Jean offer nice tributes to children in, respectively, shoulders and Faith- a daughter's smile.

Other New Poems may have appealed to you. By all means, review them here.

Finally, go read this poem again. Good God, read it out loud!

9/14

I recommend Waiting by RisiaSkye. She is a very gifted poet, and this is yet another fine example of her talent. :)

New Poems of Thursday September 15, 2005

There are 35 new submissions on this the third Thursday of September to read, and as I always do, I bring you one non-erotic "spinner" from the archives with which to start.

Today's Good memory:
This poem I spun-up from June of last year. - It took me only one spin to find this one by WickedEve . This poet is well known by all, and this poem has not only an H and a rating of 4.54, it also sports an E. Enough said, read it and then go give it some more support!
Scream
-
©2002

In the night kitchen,
where grandparents cloned
American Gothic in scream masks,
gaunt and frozen,

bones climbed mine like ivy,
then spread beneath the table,
her oval fear elongating
into Munch's scream.

Hush, Hannah, hush.
We will lock the screams away.

Here are eight from today that I think you may like.

wildsweetone starts the day with an E rated erotic poem titled The Wild Side. How can one argue with an editor's choice?

First Tattoo by cward2 is a very short poem rather well written. - I do think it could use a little punctuation change and a new title. This one gives away too much. Even swapping the title and the last line might give it a little fillip of unanticipation.

nowhere by laelia is a 'memory' poem with enough style to be well worth your read. A little less first-person mention might be my only suggestion.

4degrees' flood may take a couple of reads to fully appreciate but it is worth it.

In We Are The Fruit, bluerains plays with the senses as in 'sensual'. Full of rich imagery, I find it much more so than merely erotic.

Today Dustystar presents Gray Umbrella (part two). This write is interesting enough to send you looking for part one. - If you find it, let me know. ;)

Liar leaves up to his name by claiming his muse has left and then posting something like
There And Back Again which is full of his verbal sleight-of-tongue (prestibucalation ?). Go see for yourself. :rose:

Though not her strongest, Curiouswife gives a short piece of erotica that is made worthy of mentioning by her moderated use of alliteration just where it is needed. Go Swallow Me and enjoy!

Taste is always an individual thing so there may certainly be other poems out there today that you will thoroughly enjoy. If you find ones you really like on the New Poems page, please come back and tell us about them!

And please remember that our poets need your support, so Read Vote Comment Feedback. It don’t come back around if you won’t send it out! ;)

Regards, Rybka

To A Poet, Who Would Have Me Praise Certain Bad Poets. . .
You say, as I have often given tongue
In praise of what another's said or sung,
'Twere politic to do the like by these;
But was there ever dog that praised his fleas?
~ Yeats

New Poems

Sweet Monkey/ain't gonna give
by Dustystar ©

Not sure what is in Dustystar's water, but I sure would like a tall glass.

I’ve always been suspicious of vegetarians

of cellophane, of wieners coated in corn meal
and stuck with a stick

A few nitpicks but nothing enough to mention in the Review thread.

Forever Young
by bluerains ©

Okay I love bluerains' use of language here. Very visual, very sensory.

Sighs are thoughts between fingers

stranded & hopeless
by Syndra Lynn ©

From the Katrina challenge, this is almost too much to read, as a Mother with nightmares. This is not my type of poem (eek I will catch hell for that-- it is nothing personal against Syndra, she knows I love her work.) and I know you are going to read it, I mean look at the opening line! Wonderful.

a wicked grin of moon
hangs in a ragged sky

Cori Tangled skeins
by RazzRajen ©

Razz always surprises me with his use of sound in poetry... I know it's origin and purpose, but the cap's always confuse me a bit. Here is something to read if you want to see something different....

My mind, she turned
fluttering pages, tied braided dregs
His mind shut, ajar
Riven with thoughts, misted

Two more I would like to recommend:

incompatible
by Tristesse ©

Rite
by Liar ©

Here are the final poems from today's new poem collection. I pasted a quote from each, so you can get a little taste to see if it is something you might want to really bite into! And swallow if you wish....

She swallows
by darthjser ©

Hey, do cum tonight for dessert
Winking at me, her teeth pearly white

The Maxine Poems - 5
by charles swann ©

Not reticent.
Not ashamed.
Surrendering, willingly, to my whim.
Secure, in the conviction,
That I ask no more.

The Mothercunt Sonnets (10)
by raygb37 ©

My Mother took a lover who confessed
A craving for my cock. "You have good taste,"

Lust
by darthjser ©

There she is, a little smile one her cheeks
Petite and sexy, a goddess living in this plain
Raising her legs, miniskirt comes up
A glimpse of her lingerie I do see

Give a warm welcome....

Serenity
by DuPain ©

I breathe again her gentle love

That brings my spirit life

As this … my sweet serenity

Descends from lips above

Quest for the Light
by thewantonscribe ©

I reach through the shadows and I feel your hand,
Your touch is the strength that guides me.
My eyes see the light ahead,
But even in the darkness, I know it is you.

The Rain Reminds Me
by ElectricElektrum ©

As I sit here staring out the window
The rain is falling
I can hear the sound of it increasing its strength
Just as though certain death is upon us
It lets up to a slight drizzle
Perfect for a stroll in the rain
Oh how the rain reminds me of you

Tis all from me this Friday... please leave your own recommendations here, and leave some comments for the poets.

I hope you have a great weekend!

My hair is freakin' platimum I think I left it in too long doing these reviews. Pictures at 11.

eek

as

Last edited:
Mood

Just back from a couple of weeks and my first read was Tristesse's Incompatable. Worth a second look. T has an unusual ability to illustrate emotion .

I had some time this morning Du~

This , A drop of water from this new poet has great images not commonplace...this verse very nice...

stop me

the string of shapely eye-lash
I desire to fulfil myself
greeness of your glance
do not kill me
by meeting of lips
let them to become
half-open
- like by kiss -

http://english.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=219122

Also
Yours
by sweet GA peaches ©
is peachy delicious and was granted an E...
nice even flow , sensual beginning to end...sighs...

http://english.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=219101

and a very heated passion write...

Seven Meals
by quietpoet ©
http://english.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=219006

thats my selections today....just as mho...not being a critic...just like them but there are several others I commented on as well were topnotch go read.........have a great afternoon..have a safe move Du.... :rose:

Last edited:
Another recommendation from the Sunday submissions

This is by no means a complaint. Blue's previously posted recommendations are all excellent. I will not comment more there. Read them--they are all worthy of your attention.

Let me also, though, point you towards annaswirls' Another Deer Path, a poem that affected me deeply.

It sounds wonderfully well (read it aloud) and it seems, well, mysterious in meaning. I don't normally like to recommend work that I am not sure I understand, but this poem speaks to me without my being fully able to articulate its meaning. It is mysterious and lovely and I really really like it.

You may, of course, disagree. But read it and comment. It is worth your while.

tz

Monday's reviews...

From a poet, new to posting, but not new to the site:

Memory's Mourning
by aftershocked

The rhythm stumbles a little bit, and the third and fourth lines of the first stanza don't adhere to the rhyme pattern. That aside, I enjoyed his word selection, and the way each section was shaped, both separate from the poem, and as an inclusion to it.

The rest of the New Poems for your perusal. The one above pushed my buttons more than the others. Please feel free to post those that sparked your poetic frenzy.

Thanks duckie - I'd like to add this one by darkmaas. We don't often get the pleasure of seeing his work here lately and this one really is a pleasure - guilty or not - I recommend it.

There are twentythree new poems today including these that captured my interest.

Non-Euclidian by Tzara. If anyone could be called non-Euclidian t’is I, as a Mathematically challenge student I can only say that the terms used here simply add to the enjoyment and readability of this poem.

Your body is a hypersurface
convex, concave, complex.
Top wraps to bottom,
left wraps to right

Oakwood Patches and Ode To The Avarot are by stacistatas. Both have a strong ethnic flavour I find intriguing. The latter is short and strong, my favourite of the two.

The Brew by bluerains is an ode to ale. Take a sip.

I like it all,
brewed hops with a smile in crystal winks,
the fact that I can be bolder with a thorn
in my side, pisses in the wind of
perfection, ahhh...

in transit by tungtied2u made me want to take the Chunnel once more and lose my fear of dry underwater travel. Some nice lines, a few clichés too.

she calls me back
wraps me in her depths
fills me with the urgency
of survival,

As always, these are simply my picks for the day. If you saw any you would like mentioned please do so. Read, vote and comment.

21.Sep.2005

I'm sorry for the late hour of today's recommendations. I was busy early on with setting up the new Poetry Discussion Circle :)D), and could only get to the new poems now.

There are twentysomething of them, but many are from repeated authors, so it won't take long to hop on to there are give them all a read.

There were a couple that caught my attention, though:

Pi r2, by Spokenword, started pretty well, and then turned out to be silly; silly isn't always bad, though, and it was at least a fun read.

Who I Am, by Baron Waste, is an interesting above-average list poem, quite fresh. Well worth the read.

Fans will also appreciate the erotic Consumed, by sweet GA peaches.

And finally, because if I didn't think it was worth the read I wouldn't have submitted it, my response to wildsweetone's Wasted challenge from a few weeks ago.

Go read and enjoy. :):rose:

Back