2014 Survivor Rules and Registrations

Good luck with you being victorious (lol).

I dare you to beat me. I double dare you to win (lol).

I'll be watching you from first place laughing while I'm writing, writing, and writing.

My goal this year is to write at least 5 stories in 30 categories and 7 stories in some categories. Being that this is the last year, my goal is to go out with a bang.

I won 2nd place 3 times, twice as BostonFictionWriter in 2007 & 2008, and as AndTheEnd in 2010. I won the contest in 2011 as SuperHeroRalph and finished in 3rd place under my real name, SusanJillParker in 2012. Again, I won the contest in 2013. I plan on winning the contest again in 2014, that is, unless someone, anyone, can beat me. I dare you. I double dare you to win.

I dare anyone to beat me. C'mon, let's make this a real writing challenge. Being that I coasted last year and only wrote 500,000 words for the contest, I plan on writing 1,000,000 words this year for the contest.

Of course, I write much more than that, but many of my stories are not eligible for the contest.

Good luck to all. I hope everyone beats me.

I'll just go and hide in the newbie corner I think. :)

I'll just go and hide in the newbie corner I think. :)

There's no need to hide. Just write. I was just having some fun by making a friendly challenge.

I seriously doubt if I'll be writing more than 200 stories this year so...if you or anyone can write 201 stories, you'll beat me. It's that simple and it's that easy.

Hmm, I wonder what color Mustang GT I'll order for winning the 2014 Survivor contest?

I'll be lucky if I get 60-75 points based on my inability to write anything that is not a 5 page opus.

Question for anyone

If I enter a contest the story gets the point for the category plus the 5 for the contest correct?

I'll be lucky if I get 60-75 points based on my inability to write anything that is not a 5 page opus.

Question for anyone

If I enter a contest the story gets the point for the category plus the 5 for the contest correct?

Negative. It qualifies for either the category or the contest. So it's best to burn a story in a category you're comfy with and can spit out another story. Don't waste your audio story there whatever you do.

Negative. It qualifies for either the category or the contest. So it's best to burn a story in a category you're comfy with and can spit out another story. Don't waste your audio story there whatever you do.

Wow, that's a good point because the story I was going to put on V-day is in LW and I doubt I will do too many of those this year.

Thanks.

Question for anyone

If you enter all 6 special contests you'll get 30pts for those stories plus a 30pt bonus for having entered all of the contests.

First what Jag said. 6 stories, 60 points. And the last few years that would rate you a gift certificate.

Wow, that's a good point because the story I was going to put on V-day is in LW and I doubt I will do too many of those this year.

Thanks.

Well if you don't think you'll write a lot putting it in the contest isn't a bad thing, it's 5 points vs 3 (unless you for whatever reason waste a novel on a contest but if you do that you're on your own and I shall only point and laugh) and if you write all six stories that 5 point story becomes a 10 point story so it's STILL a better move there than not if you don't think you'll have a high quantity of stories.

If you think you will however like I already stated you want to put stories you can spit out all day and night there. If you're say a woman hating neanderthal like myself putting a gay story in a contest is suicide cus I have maybe two of those in me for a year but putting a story where some woman is adversely effected by being imagined up by myself why not? I'd get more points off them if I wasn't capped at 3 stories and 5 points until I spread the love around!

First what Jag said. 6 stories, 60 points. And the last few years that would rate you a gift certificate.

Well if you don't think you'll write a lot putting it in the contest isn't a bad thing, it's 5 points vs 3 (unless you for whatever reason waste a novel on a contest but if you do that you're on your own and I shall only point and laugh) and if you write all six stories that 5 point story becomes a 10 point story so it's STILL a better move there than not if you don't think you'll have a high quantity of stories.

If you think you will however like I already stated you want to put stories you can spit out all day and night there. If you're say a woman hating neanderthal like myself putting a gay story in a contest is suicide cus I have maybe two of those in me for a year but putting a story where some woman is adversely effected by being imagined up by myself why not? I'd get more points off them if I wasn't capped at 3 stories and 5 points until I spread the love around!

Nah, I'm a man hating femdom writing "traitor" and my LW effort will reflect that. Maybe someday I'll post one where I go all "Abigail" on them;)

I took immunity for GM. I got a better shot of submitting an illustrated story with stick figures than coming up with anything there.:rolleyes:

I tend to use it on Audio where I have precisely zero chance, I can always force an illustration, especially since photographs and the like work so push come to shove go outside find yourself a nice landscape take a picture and set the story in the location you photographed. Cheating a bit? Perhaps but strictly necessary since if you didn't get a much needed immunity (which mathmatically you should get like six I think it worked out to.) but yeah.

Good luck.

Nah, I'm a man hating femdom writing "traitor" and my LW effort will reflect that. Maybe someday I'll post one where I go all "Abigail" on them;)

I took immunity for GM. I got a better shot of submitting an illustrated story with stick figures than coming up with anything there.:rolleyes:

Excuse my ignorance but what's an "Abigail"? I mean I think I get the gist I just never heard the term and I am interested.

Excuse my ignorance but what's an "Abigail"? I mean I think I get the gist I just never heard the term and I am interested.

"Abigail" is lovecraft for "borderline psycho darkness and angst" (mouth waters in anticipation). For more on the etymology, read his magnum opus series SwB.

"Abigail" is lovecraft for "borderline psycho darkness and angst" (mouth waters in anticipation). For more on the etymology, read his magnum opus series SwB.

Thank you for the fine words, o dweller in lit darkness.

But alas(as I am sure you have not looked in a long time) Abigail no longer resides on lit.

The powers that be determined that SWB the Finale went over board even for me and banned chapter 3. I was not going to re write it and the rast made no sense without it so....

The finale can only be found for sale.

That was the deal breaker for me. I only do contests. I like to have an assignment and a deadline.

Then you misunderstood me because you're still getting a pretty good deal at 5 points per story vs the 3 that "normal" stories get. And you can get 10 per story. You have no good reason not to compete.

Then you misunderstood me because you're still getting a pretty good deal at 5 points per story vs the 3 that "normal" stories get. And you can get 10 per story. You have no good reason not to compete.

You're right. I didn't read carefully.

I guess my real reason is that I'm not all that competitive. :)

You're right. I didn't read carefully.

I guess my real reason is that I'm not all that competitive. :)

Actually re-reading the quote of me I was unclear. What I should have said is a story cannot be counted in the Survivor Contest as both a Theme Contest entry and regular entry.

This has no bearing on the Theme Contest and you are still eligible to win the Valentines/Earth/Summer/Halloween/Winter contests and compete in the Survivor Contest with the same stories.

I was unclear and I apologize.

Actually re-reading the quote of me I was unclear. What I should have said is a story cannot be counted in the Survivor Contest as both a Theme Contest entry and regular entry.

This has no bearing on the Theme Contest and you are still eligible to win the Valentines/Earth/Summer/Halloween/Winter contests and compete in the Survivor Contest with the same stories.

I was unclear and I apologize.

I understood you, once I read with both eyes open.

I don't plan on winning any theme contests anyway. It's just more fun because somebody actually reads my stuff that way.

Thank you.

:)

I'm in this year even though I kind of dropped off the internet about halfway through the last one. Yay for working so much that all I do at home is shit and sleep.

Why the heck not. I probably have no idea what I'm getting myself into and will probably muck it up. That, or I'll have a relapse like I did last year and won't be able to do squat. But, (shrug)... I guess I'll throw my name in the hat.

Hey, nobody said anything about having to actually be good to compete, just prolific, right? :D

But, yeah. I guess I'll need a scorecard so I can make myself look like a fool in the 2014 Survivor Contest.

Oh, and should I announce my intention to get through the first level cap without using immunities? ;)

Why the heck not. I probably have no idea what I'm getting myself into and will probably muck it up. That, or I'll have a relapse like I did last year and won't be able to do squat. But, (shrug)... I guess I'll throw my name in the hat.

Hey, nobody said anything about having to actually be good to compete, just prolific, right? :D

But, yeah. I guess I'll need a scorecard so I can make myself look like a fool in the 2014 Survivor Contest.

Oh, and should I announce my intention to get through the first level cap without using immunities? ;)

That would accurately be a declaration of winning. Most years nobody even accomplishes that even with immunities and I don't think anybody has ever accomplished it without immunities and failed to win.

That would accurately be a declaration of winning. Most years nobody even accomplishes that even with immunities and I don't think anybody has ever accomplished it without immunities and failed to win.

What about this guy I've heard of... um... "Bakeboss"? (or something like that) I thought I'd heard a rumor that some guy by that name had completely filled a card once upon a time? That it was his fault they expanded it to include 7 and 8 in categories?

Back