The Living Works of Art Challenge II - Female Body Edition

LWOAC-II: #1 Venus Callipyge

I struggled with the draping on this one, and the blouse. While I didn't even come close to what it's supposed to look like and trying to give it an "old feel" resulted in irritating grain, I still really really wanted to post this one.

attachment.php

I'm glad you did post it Lizzie - it's lovely! I hereby volunteer to struggle with your draping on the next one. :devil:

I have a newfound respect for the men who have posted in the LWOA thread, this stuff is hard!!

This was the best I could manage. Definitely not a photo that makes feel very statuesque but let's go with it anyway

attachment.php

Not at all shy and deliciously naughty! This is an excellent response to the challenge. :rose:

So I wasn't going to post this but I decided to even though it was way harder to do this than I imagined and my result did not really capture the essence of the Venis Callipyge.

Well done to the men who have done such fantastic replications I will give you way more credit in future.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 3
So I wasn't going to post this but I decided to even though it was way harder to do this than I imagined and my result did not really capture the essence of the Venis Callipyge.

Well done to the men who have done such fantastic replications I will give you way more credit in future.

attachment.php

This is lovely, Icy! :rose:

Yay Icy. Whether it captures the essence of Venus or it doesn't is debatable. What matters is its a perfectly Callipygian picture.
:kiss:

I struggled with the draping on this one, and the blouse. While I didn't even come close to what it's supposed to look like and trying to give it an "old feel" resulted in irritating grain, I still really really wanted to post this one.

I have a newfound respect for the men who have posted in the LWOA thread, this stuff is hard!!

This was the best I could manage. Definitely not a photo that makes feel very statuesque but let's go with it anyway

All are wonderful and unique variations - I love them! :rose::rose::rose:

My Rendition

Great rendition, Omega. :rose:

Thanks for sharing the process, as well as the result. Beautiful! :kiss::heart:

Wow! Nailed that pose. BRAVA :rose:

I had a feeling it was really hard to match those poses. I'm thoroughly intimidated and I don't even have a mirror in the beach house. Shopping may be required. HA

Meanwhile, Icy, this is a beautiful photo.
I think we're ALL going to be much more appreciative of the men after this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JRP: You are just a fountain of creative thread ideas. Another great one.! After I catch up around here and on my thread, I will join in eventually.

I don't know how much I can play in here, but this model coincidentally resembles my posture in one of my pics. The drapery is around my ankles, not my shoulders, but I have the rest, I think, with changes in brightness and color to look more like marble (thanks to GD with the editing).

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how much I can play in here, but this model coincidentally resembles my posture in one of my pics. The drapery is around my ankles, not my shoulders, but I have the rest, I think, with changes in brightness and color to look more like marble (thanks to GD with the editing).

A first-class contribution, and a very cute bum! :rose::kiss:

Well it is called Venus of the beautiful buttocks after all... :kiss:

YES! Well done! :rose::kiss:

So I wasn't going to post this but I decided to even though it was way harder to do this than I imagined and my result did not really capture the essence of the Venus Callipyge.

Though I've taught you many of my roguish tricks and ways Icy you will never be able to sneak a picture of your derriere past me! Very nice addition to the exhibit. :kiss: :kiss: One for each cheek. :kiss: And one for good measure (that can go anywhere). Oh heck. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Cheers

Lizzie stole my words so...

Ms G :rose: with an ass like that you can play wherever you like! It should come with a warning label from the Surgeon General about being addictive (and bad for the health of men when their significant others catch them looking!).

Bravo on having a naturally statuesque form and way of carrying yourself.

Cheers

My Rendition

Venus%20Calliomega_20160914213055653.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Look at you lot, a veritable collection of lovelies! :heart:

I love how everyone's interpretation is different. And I'll admit to feeling a little nervous now :eek: Will do this at the weekend, I hope :)

attachment.php

An ass that can launch a thousand ships. That's a thing, right?

😚
It's lovely Lizzie.
Thank you Icy.

Didn't we all, it almost became frustrating trying to get the pose right. Nice work Lizzie, it looks great. :rose:
:
It was rather frustrating. Thank you. 💋

I never realized how many Greek and Roman male statues were naked and how many female ones were clothed. No wonder there were a lot of lonely women in Athens and Rome. What I meant to convey is Yes, the women's challenges are generally harder because they include clothing to protect your virtue (from a subset of the naked men).

Thank you and I think I'll rename your shot Boob-ass when I save it. :p :kiss: :heart:

Cheers
Than... wait what do you mean save it..... JRP!!!!!!!!!!!! Control your council.

I'm glad you did post it Lizzie - it's lovely! I hereby volunteer to struggle with your draping on the next one. :devil:
Oh I take you up on that. Next Wednesday. Your beautiful wife knows where I live. Bring her too. And bring that fabric.

All are wonderful and unique variations - I love them!
Thanks Kim. Dare we hope you do one?

Thanks for sharing the process, as well as the result. Beautiful!
Thank you Mara.
And yes, we sure are.

I love how everyone's interpretation is different. And I'll admit to feeling a little nervous now :eek: Will do this at the weekend, I hope :)
Thank you Numi. I am excited to see what you do. I don't like that 'I hope' bit at the end.

An ass that can launch a thousand ships. That's a thing, right?
Sure, it's a thing. But... if it's a face, it's Helen. And if they are war ships, then the ass is a troll.

^^^
You know I hate being multi-quoted with the rest of these peasants.

No offense, peasants.

attachment.php

Lovely, sexual, sensual, borderline erotic:).

This is lovely, Icy!

Thank you.

Yay Icy. Whether it captures the essence of Venus or it doesn't is debatable. What matters is its a perfectly Callipygian picture.
:kiss:

If the statue is showcasing a bum well then there's a bum. Lol

All are wonderful and unique variations - I love them! :rose:

Thanks Kim.

I had a feeling it was really hard to match those poses. I'm thoroughly intimidated and I don't even have a mirror in the beach house. Shopping may be required. HA

Meanwhile, Icy, this is a beautiful photo.

It really is difficult. And I had a confined space to work with. And now I feel really silly but I never even thought to look in the mirror. Lol

Beautiful shot. And yours just naturally occurred.

Though I've taught you many of my roguish tricks and ways Icy you will never be able to sneak a picture of your derriere past me! Very nice addition to the exhibit. :kiss: :kiss: One for each cheek. :kiss: And one for good measure (that can go anywhere). Oh heck. :kiss:

Cheers

Well thank you. But I think I could.;)

I can't wait to see.

attachment.php

Mmm, very shapely derriere, Icy. I think you make a fine Venus. :)

Oooh, MsG, very nice rendition. Cute bottom, er, callipyge!

attachment.php

Too much about struggles and disappointments, not enough about that lovely pic: another Venus.

attachment.php

Just like Lizzie in burying the lead: Bare=beautiful. Always go with that.:rose:

attachment.php

I'm glad you like what the men have done, but all of you ladies are doing beautiful poses. And speaking of all of you.... I'm dazzled.:heart:

My favorite, as always.:heart:

A first-class contribution, and a very cute bum! :rose::kiss:

Why, thank you.

Well it is called Venus of the beautiful buttocks after all... :kiss:

That's Venus, not me, but thanks for the comparison.

YES! Well done! :rose::kiss:

I can always count on a good word from you, so thanks again.

Lizzie stole my words so...

Ms G :rose: with an ass like that you can play wherever you like! It should come with a warning label from the Surgeon General about being addictive (and bad for the health of men when their significant others catch them looking!).

Bravo on having a naturally statuesque form and way of carrying yourself.

Cheers

If the warining label were stamped on there, wouldn't it ruin the effect? But thanks too.

Thanks for including me in that group.

Beautiful shot. And yours just naturally occurred.

Who knew I was imitating a classical sculpture? Thanks, and I love yours too.

Oooh, MsG, very nice rendition. Cute bottom, er, callipyge!

Let's just say bottom, easier to pronounce and spell. And thanks.

When it comes to works of art, the female form is king. :D
I wanna be the curator. ;)

Back