And the endless, pointless fight continues...

laptopwriter

Really Really Experienced
Joined
May 22, 2013
Posts
426
I just glanced at the comments of a story I was thinking of reading but thought I'd see what others had to say about it, first. Unfortunately there weren't enough comments regarding the story for me to make an informed decision. In stead, the comments battled back and forth on the age old question as to whether the story belonged in the LW category.

It reminds me of two sibling cousins of mine who constantly debate their long departed parents. One says they were great parents, loving and caring. The other says, no they weren't. They were always fighting and they were too strict. Neither parent is alive today so who the hell cares? What difference does it make? Neither one is going to convince the other and it just sets the stage for more fights. Move On!

The, "and more," in the category's description opens it up to virtually anything. My problem is not with the category but with the authors who do not clearly identify the essence of the story. So, to all those who are constantly debating whether a story should or should not have been submitted to LW, I have a suggestion; go to the end of the story and check the tags. If they clearly show the story will not be to your liking, give it a pass. If it is not clearly marked and you waste your time reading most or all of a story you don't like because of it, vote accordingly and post your comment to the author. Make him responsible for the stories content, not the category.

I probably should have posted this in "feedback," rather than here.
 
Back
Top