Total Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every human spent about half an hour as a single cell.

:p
 
Human males produce around 100 million sperm ever day

cutelips.gif
 
At present the most powerful PC's cannot process as many instructions as the 0.1 gram brain of a goldfish.
 
Grand Rapids, Michigan was the first city in the US to put fluoride in their water.
 
It is estimated that at any one time, 0.7% of the world's population are drunk.
 
Carnivorous animals will not eat another animal that has been hit by a lightning strike.
 
SecretLove69 said:
Carnivorous animals will not eat another animal that has been hit by a lightning strike.
hell, that's a big time saver... kill it and cook it at the same time. ;)
 
"Almost" is the longest word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.
 
A healthy individual releases 3.5 oz. of gas in a single flatulent emission, or about 17 oz. in a day.
 
Gaia_Lorraine said:
After the Sun and the Moon, Venus is the third brightest object in the sky.
ummm... I'm really not all that bright. ;)
 
The moon phase on one of the greatest WW2 events... D-day 6th June 1944, The Battle of Normady...

m176.gif


:)
 
To give Jessica Rabbit her unusual walk, her supervising animator Russell Hall reversed the natural up-down movements of her breasts as she walked: they bounce up when a real woman's breasts bounce down and the other way around.
 
Some music trivia I read about, can't remember where...

"Tube Snake Boogie" by ZZ Top, is not about what most people think it's about. While visiting Australia, the American rock group got a chance to see the Australian Women's Pro Surfing Team in action. Here in the U.S., riding a wave that curls around the surfer is called "riding the pipe" or "pipelining" or words to that effect. In Australia, they call it "snaking the tube" or "tubesnaking". Hence, "Tube Snake Boogie", dedicated to the lovely lady surfers from down under. :D

This is the explanation that was given; how "accurate" it really is, is still under debate. ;)
 
Last edited:
An individual blood cell takes about 60 seconds to make a complete circuit of the body.
 
Jeff Beck's War of the Worlds - Live in concert

Birmingham NEC Friday 7th Dec 2007 7:00pm, Advance Tickets Sold Out

I will be there, 3rd row from the front :)

wotw_store_08.jpg
 
Random Trivia for the day:

Van Halen once actually had a rider that read there must be a bowl of M&Ms backstage, but with all the brown ones removed. The reason was to make sure that the entire rider (which included measurements for the band's large and heavy stage set) had been read and followed. Sure enough at Pueblo, Colorado show, the rider wasn't read and the staging crashed through the floor. This lead to the urban legend that the band flipped out and intentionally caused $80,000 worth of damage themselves all because they found brown M&Ms....
This story was twisted in Wayne's World 2, which Dell constantly repeats...
 
Early Morning Rain, a classic song written in the summer of 1964, but who wrote it and who performed it?

Gordon Lightfoot

Peter, Paul & Mary

Amazingly also recorded by ...
- Ian & Sylvia
- Harry Belafonte
- George Hamilton IV
- Johnny Cash
- Judy Collins
- Bob Dylan
- Ronnie Hawkins
- The Kineton Trio
- Jerry Lee Lewis
- Elvis Presley
- The Travellers
- Josh Winic
 
Last edited:
A bird requires more food in proportion to its size than a baby or a cat.

:)
 
A female mackerel lays about 500,000 eggs at one time.

:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top