Audio submission

Smokey125

Really Experienced
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Posts
144
Hi, all. Well, just gave it some time and a bunch of my troll votes got swept, so no big deal after all. Anyway, my question may have been answered in another thread, I think someone else asked about it recently, but I'm leaning towards making an audio version of one of my stories. So I'm wondering how to submit it, if not just directly through the submissions page. I already tried to PM Laurel about it two months ago, but didn't get a response. Here's the message:

Hi! I notice one of the categories for story submission on the site is Text With Audio, and that made me think it might be cool to whip up an audio version of one of my stories (using a text-to-speech program and a few other tactics), if such a thing is possible. All mine so far have been in Word documents, so this is new to me. I'm just wondering a couple things about it.

I think only one file can be submitted per story, whatever type of file it is, text or audio or whichever. I'm guessing there needs to be some text submitted, even if it's just a quick intro to say "this is an audio story" or something like that, and so first I'm wondering if text should be put in the box and the audio file uploaded—though I see the note there that says don't do that, so I'm not sure.

Is there a separate or third type of file incorporating both the text AND audio that needs to be submitted somehow? And if it's published, would it just have the text and then a bunch of buttons for play, pause, stop, etc.? I guess actually playing it would be pretty straightforward, these are just things I'd like to know about getting it correctly submitted. Again, this is all presuming this is possible. If that Text With Audio category means something else, then please disregard this, I guess, but I am curious what it would be then. Thanks very much!

Anyone have any advice for me?
 
Using audio to tell a story is more difficult than you might imagine. I had to try a half dozen times, before I got a very short story right.
 
R. Richard

Well, yes, I do realize that, and I appreciate your reply, although at the risk of sounding very immodest, I think I can do an okay job putting these things together. A couple I have already, but they're not suitable for the site anyway. Just trying to find out if they're submittable, and how to adequately do so. Thanks!
 
E-mail the audio file and submit your story via the submission form. Works fine in other's opinion.

BTW, any PM you send to Laurel should be precise and to the point. Don't ramble away, because she recieves countless PMs each day.
 
TheSoulfulBard

Ah, good, thanks very much. What's the E-mail address I need to send to? Is it submit@literotica.com?

Aside from that, I guess I'm going to choose Text With Audio from the list of categories on the submission form, and if I'm correct there, do I need to include any actual text in the box, would you say? Thanks again.
 
I just did one for Nude Day. I submitted the text as a regular submission. I emailed the audio file to submit@literotica Com. I also pmed Laurel. Worked like a charm.

Good luck!

I think this post explains it all. If you still have any doubts, follow this post to its original thread and click on the link provided by Aynmair.

I hope this helps.
 
TheSoulfulBard II

Aha! That does look helpful. All right then, I guess all I have to do is throw it together and hand it in!
 
Back
Top