The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I answered your questions with one statement. It's the internet. No one's opinion, not even one's own, matters. Because it's the internet.

That's not an answer, and not what you believe going by your earlier posts.
You claimed Ahren's opinion didn't matter whereas the opinions of others did.

Everyone's opinion matters, what makes the difference is whether you respect the opinions of others or not.

You are very quick to say people judge you and yet if you honestly feel like this and don't respect anyone else, how is anyone going to respect anything you have to say..why should they...?

*sing song voice* Going to play my new game today..

With a whack-fiddle-do-diddly-iddly-ay, and so on

*grumble, pout, curling up in the corner of the couch with my legs drawn in and my arms wrapped around, turning to rest my cheek against my knee* Is that why i am alone today?

Everyone's opinion matters, what makes the difference is whether you respect the opinions of others or not.

You are very quick to say people judge you and yet if you honestly feel like this and don't respect anyone else, how is anyone going to respect anything you have to say..why should they...?

In Dragon's defense, Brit, I honestly don't think anyone would respect Dragon anyway. He is a moocher of Ayn Randian proportions and the constant dribble about anime and video games pretty much ruined his case for respectability a long time ago.

My last thought was that I thought I had obviously wasted my time posting earlier...but then again it made me feel better to say what I did even if it was ignored and belittled by Dragon to whom I addressed a couple of questions and was hoping to get an answer from and was misunderstood, I think, by Grant given that I specified my 'issue' was people who claim to have romantic relationships online as I feel it's a poor imitation of the real thing. I have no issue with online friendships and would like to think I have a fair few around here and the marriage I mentioned was to prove my point that people have to meet for such things to be real and to work...ah well...such is the wondrous world of the interweb...

Thanks Lady :rose:

...you smoothie... ;)

And most recent thought... Mmmm, Twix... :D

I understand what you were saying, I was responding to it, because LI did not single anyone (and I don't think he should whatever he thinks about the person), which was to my annoyance, and like you didn't like being lumped into the group that agreed with me, and called us liars and retards who don't know the value of real life relationships. His subsequent arguements he is trying to define who he meant, but its not what he said in the post I quoted, hence my frustration to being lumped together

See? You treat it all like it's as serious as the real world, just like they do. I'll say this again. NO ONE's opinion matters on the internet. Not yours, not theirs, not mine. So keep the drama for real life, okay?

In Dragon's defense, Brit, I honestly don't think anyone would respect Dragon anyway. He is a moocher of Ayn Randian proportions and the constant dribble about anime and video games pretty much ruined his case for respectability a long time ago.

Yet he is still entitled to his opinion, like it or not. The world and even the internet is big enough for everyone

See? You treat it all like it's as serious as the real world, just like they do. I'll say this again. NO ONE's opinion matters on the internet. Not yours, not theirs, not mine. So keep the drama for real life, okay?

Oh Razor, opinions obviously do matter. If not, this wouldn't be still going on 24 hours later. And you wouldn't now be speaking to Brit that way.

Yet he is still entitled to his opinion, like it or not. The world and even the internet is big enough for everyone

Is he still vehemently insisting that I'm mooching off my mother and "living in her basement"? I don't know how to break this to him, but...I'm not mooching off of anyone, and he should try spending some time on a fixed income before he tries saying that again.

You have no right to judge anyone situation, and what they doing here on lit, simple as that, and you cannot and have not justified yourself for doing so.

I've the right to judge anyone how I please, Grant, and so do you. We execute that right everyday. To suggest otherwise is fucking stupid.

Yes lying is bad, but thats for them and they have their reasons, I just gave a simple example and you want to jump on it, if you have a problem with someone fine, pm them and let them know, but to generalise everyones reason for being here, get lost.

Everyone's? I think I was pretty specific about which group I hold contempt for. It's the liars and the cheats, Grant. But, you know, I guess I should be glad they have reasons. It keeps them from having to feel guilty about behaving like scumbags.

And if you have an excuse to do something wrong, like lie, it's totally OK to do it? That's what you're saying here, right?

But thats not all you post was about, you also generalised everyone, however you claim to have a new girl friend, using your own analogy you are still here on lit, how does that make that relationship look, just think about it

Again, I think I specified those people that are on Lit and HIDE their activity from their partners. There are plenty here that don't. Like Britwitch, for example, who has a loving relationship with her husband and still plays (frequently) here. What's crazy is that she didn't think I lumped her in with the idiots that pretend they are in-love with strangers. So why do you think that I did?

We disagree here but that's an entirely different conversation and one I feel -violently- about.

I'm watching a recent Cuba Gooding movie. It so far appears a bit better than his previous few.

Someone who still acts like they're 9 years old should not be allowed to have children.

Total contradiction here

How is that a contradiction? We judge people everyday was my first statement. I have a right to judge people was the second. And I don't believe people like Dragon have a place in the world was a third.

Where is the contradiction?

*grumble, pout, curling up in the corner of the couch with my legs drawn in and my arms wrapped around, turning to rest my cheek against my knee* Is that why i am alone today?

*pulling on your hair* You are not alone my slave, and no grumbling, am I not to enjoy myself when waiting for you?

How is that a contradiction? We judge people everyday was my first statement. I have a right to judge people was the second. And I don't believe people like Dragon have a place in the world was a third.

Where is the contradiction?

L, you're my friend for what its worth, but that's just mean.

Is he still vehemently insisting that I'm mooching off my mother and "living in her basement"? I don't know how to break this to him, but...I'm not mooching off of anyone, and he should try spending some time on a fixed income before he tries saying that again.

No, you're mooching off the rest of us by choosing not to work or contribute anything. You take money without producing anything of any kind. That's mooching.

Money should be a symbol of exchange. You have nothing to exchange. You produce nothing. You provide nothing. You only consume. Like a leech. A mooch. A parasite.

It's the reason your opinion should count for nothing.

I have a principle behind it, however. I'll defend it in depth if I'm asked to. I'm aware it will be (surprise!) a very unpopular opinion on this board.

When he's like this, just pay no mind. Because if there's no place for someone like me in this world, then in all honesty, that means that there's no place for him either.

I have a principle behind it, however. I'll defend it in depth if I'm asked to. I'm aware it will be (surprise!) a very unpopular opinion on this board.

No, I'd not ask you to explain or defend that. There is no rational line of thinking that would interest me, that can explain believing someone hasn't a place in the world.

Firstly, please don't attempt to patronize me to make yourself look good.

Second, it's not a case of treating anything seriously.

I asked you a question and you didn't answer it. Your comment was actually made in response to something someone else said.
Your opinion mattered to me, so I asked for it.
Apparently your opinion is that no one's opinion matters online.
Fine, that's sad if it's true but it's fine. I guess I was expecting too much from you in regards to an answer.

I've the right to judge anyone how I please, Grant, and so do you. We execute that right everyday. To suggest otherwise is fucking stupid.

Everyone's? I think I was pretty specific about which group I hold contempt for. It's the liars and the cheats, Grant. But, you know, I guess I should be glad they have reasons. It keeps them from having to feel guilty about behaving like scumbags.

I bet no-one who you are pointing out here cares if it makes you feel better, they have their reasons to be here on lit, just like you.

And if you have an excuse to do something wrong, like lie, it's totally OK to do it? That's what you're saying here, right?

Again, I think I specified those people that are on Lit and HIDE their activity from their partners. There are plenty here that don't. Like Britwitch, for example, who has a loving relationship with her husband and still plays (frequently) here. What's crazy is that she didn't think I lumped her in with the idiots that pretend they are in-love with strangers. So why do you think that I did?

Just to highlight what you saying, you are saying you are God, cause he is the only one who has the right to judge a human being.

Again you are twisting my words, I never once said its okay to lie, but they have their reasons, and its not for you to judge them

I call it how I see it, and everyone sees things different, I cannot and will not attempt to speak for her

Firstly, please don't attempt to patronize me to make yourself look good.

Second, it's not a case of treating anything seriously.

I asked you a question and you didn't answer it. Your comment was actually made in response to something someone else said.
Your opinion mattered to me, so I asked for it.
Apparently your opinion is that no one's opinion matters online.
Fine, that's sad if it's true but it's fine. I guess I was expecting too much from you in regards to an answer.

Why does my opinion matter to you? If you're defending LI, who seems to think that I'm a mooch and a plague upon humanity, then my opinion should matter to you about as much as it matters to him.

Just to highlight what you saying, you are saying you are God, cause he is the only one who has the right to judge a human being.

There is no God but the reference certainly goes the distance to explain why you slurred me as a homosexual a month back.

Again you are twisting my words, I never once said its okay to lie, but they have their reasons, and its not for you to judge them
I guess I just can't feel ambivalent about people doing the wrong thing like you can, Grant. Do you feel ambivalent about murderers and rapists, too?

I call it how I see it, and everyone sees things different, I cannot and will not attempt to speak for her
Why are you so upset about my opinion then? Why did you even get started? Did you want to pick a fight just because?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back