The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm SO in the mood to naked party tonight.... I'm staying in and relaxing.. Got some beer and ready to go... hmmm now I need to get naked.....

I'm SO in the mood to naked party tonight.... I'm staying in and relaxing.. Got some beer and ready to go... hmmm now I need to get naked.....

Can't do it yet, the kids are still awake.

But the rum will begin to flow soon.

Looking forward to an evening of partying, myself.

:kiss:

Can't do it yet, the kids are still awake.

But the rum will begin to flow soon.

Looking forward to an evening of partying, myself.

:kiss:

Well I'm glad you'll have some time to yourself later... Although of course I wish I would be there too then we could party together, but I'll be checking on here for ya.. best I can do.... *cheers* to you early.....

since I can.. I'll get naked now

*changes* Av

Since always. I don't indulge very often as good whiskey is pretty expensive.

There were bottles at the liquor store that were $150 for 750 ml.

wow.. that's what we charge at the hotel I work at for a bottle of Jack Daniels if a guest is too lazy to go to the store down the street.......

Can't imagine anyone spending that much just for alcohol....

as he drinks his can of natural ice...

I've had the stuff I mentioned. And it's worth it.

As the Klingons say, "It tastes like kick in the liver. But it's a wonderful kick in the liver." :D

I've had the stuff I mentioned. And it's worth it.

As the Klingons say, "It tastes like kick in the liver. But it's a wonderful kick in the liver." :D

I feel that way about Roger Groult's Very Old Calvados. Sip it very gently and watch the world around you improve measurably. :)

Evening all... Please excuse my rant but:

My beautiful baby girl (2yr old) has now been home with me for 2 whole days and has decided I believe that she is either bored with mommy trying to spend quality time with her or is simply more impressed with causing trouble... I believe I just may lose my mind. I spend all week working and feeling bad that she's in daycare. Now I get some time with her and she refuses to color with me, watch tv or play candyland. Instead she prefers to tear things apart, smash food into the carpet, throw her toys at me/the wall/whatever, insist on cookies, jump off furniture, stomp/scowl/and pout, get into my purse, overflow the toilet (why? I don't know) and run around the house saying "no" and "now". I think I may pull my hair out. At this point she is sitting sweetly on the floor playing with a peg board game. I know that if I try to play too she will instantly (oh wait, she just decided to rip it to pieces...) YEAH! Quality mommy daughter time... Yikes! When did my sweet little girl turn into a terror???:confused:

*Sigh* Is it bed time yet?

Take it from a professional kid-wrangler, the way she is behaving now is perfectly normal. It's called the Terrible Two's and for very good reason. Little munchkin has discovered that she has a personality and is trying it out, mostly by being obdurate and antagonistic. Presuming that she lives long enough, she will outgrow it and everything will be fine . . . until she enters the next obnoxious stage, usually around five. Then there's the Big One that hits somewhere in the neighborhood of 12. Eventually adulthood happens. It's wonderful.

Courage, Secret, and welcome to the wonderful world of parenthood. Don't you want to get started on another one, right away? :D

My beautiful baby girl (2yr old) has now been home with me for 2 whole days and has decided I believe that she is either bored with mommy trying to spend quality time with her or is simply more impressed with causing trouble... I believe I just may lose my mind. I spend all week working and feeling bad that she's in daycare. Now I get some time with her and she refuses to color with me, watch tv or play candyland. Instead she prefers to tear things apart, smash food into the carpet, throw her toys at me/the wall/whatever, insist on cookies, jump off furniture, stomp/scowl/and pout, get into my purse, overflow the toilet (why? I don't know) and run around the house saying "no" and "now". I think I may pull my hair out. At this point she is sitting sweetly on the floor playing with a peg board game. I know that if I try to play too she will instantly (oh wait, she just decided to rip it to pieces...) YEAH! Quality mommy daughter time... Yikes! When did my sweet little girl turn into a terror???:confused:

When she turned two, silly. She is asserting her independence. You expect her to be her same sweet baby self and she's trying to turn into a little girl with her own wants and needs. This is her way of tell you to "back off, mom."

Been there. Not much fun, eh? Three gets even stickier, but four is suddenly all fun again. Right now, she's testing her limits, and you. You just have to be firm with her and send her little butt to time out. Or, dispense the occasional swat to the diaper. Gets there attention quick and the diaper pads it nicely. Loss of favorite toys can work, but they always throw a tantrum. It's hard not to try to shush and comfort them when they act like that, but I finally managed to ignore it after a while. Took the wind right out of her sails when my daughter couldn't get a reaction from me.

Quality time means time to screw with mom's head. It's the game they play. Ain't it a blast? :D

obviously I'm no parenting expert but I highlighted the key phrase that may help you rationalize this....

:rose:

Ahh, the terrible twos, I remember them well, since I endured it 3 times :eek:
They can be as bad as 18 months - 20+ years :eek:
or 2 -4 years which is the good :eek: one :D

Bless you my child, you and she both will survive :D

Awwww...it's called "The terrible two's" That's where your wonderful, sweet baby turns into a demon from hell. No and now are their favorite words...gives them power! Nothing you can really do except save the important things from her little fingers and watch and wonder. She will even out soon enough....

Courage, Secret, and welcome to the wonderful world of parenthood. Don't you want to get started on another one, right away? :D

Quality time means time to screw with mom's head. It's the game they play. Ain't it a blast? :D

Bless you my child, you and she both will survive :D

Thank you all for your encouragement and depressing description of how long it will take for her to calm down, oh and then start up again, and then calm down and when is she leaving home?

Thank the Gods I have help! If it were just me I don't know that I'd survive.

She certainly has a personality. Everyone at the daycare (which is fairly large) both in her classes and in every other wing of the place, knows my daughter by name. They're always telling me how cute she is (which I realized fairly early on was just their way of letting me know how uh forceful her personality actually is)...

Thank you all for your encouragement and depressing description of how long it will take for her to calm down, oh and then start up again, and then calm down and when is she leaving home?

She certainly has a personality. Everyone at the daycare (which is fairly large) both in her classes and in every other wing of the place, knows my daughter by name. They're always telling me how cute she is (which I realized fairly early on was just their way of letting me know how uh forceful her personality actually is)...

Sounds like the middle daughter, the demon child :eek:

Sounds like the middle daughter, the demon child :eek:

We call ours "hurricane Rooke" for a very good reason. I know she's only 2. But I work with 2 year olds on a daily basis. I'm actually wondering about adhd with her. She honestly NEVER stops moving. I don't know another 2 year old as active as she is...

Speaking as a mother of such a "cute" child, I can tell you that she blossomed into a lovely young girl. That much personality is a good thing. Believe me there.

We call ours "hurricane Rooke" for a very good reason. I know she's only 2. But I work with 2 year olds on a daily basis. I'm actually wondering about adhd with her. She honestly NEVER stops moving. I don't know another 2 year old as active as she is...

Take it as very positive.

She's happy to be home with you. She can be herself.

All the pent-up energies she's stored by being "good" at Daycare are all washed away.

Don't try to join in her games, just sit back and enjoy. Direct her back if she strays out of bounds. Smile. Laugh. Enjoy this intelligent and resourceful human you helped create.

:rose:

(And have a stiff drink as soon as she falls asleep.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back