Boolean searches broken

amfanon

Virgin
Joined
Dec 12, 2011
Posts
28
So, since no one seems to read the stickied search interface feedback thread, I'm reposting this issue here.

Searches have been broken for the last month (since the new interface was rolled out). Searching using "OR" should return more results. A OR B should return more results than A. It doesn't. In the new search it returns less. Using more than a few OR statements results in decreasing numbers of results until you literally get no results at all. Clearly OR is not working properly.
 
Aaaaaaand still broken. It's been literally months, without even a response. I begin to suspect there is no actual tech support staff for this site.
 
I can't decide if the site simply doesn't actually have a tech support staff, or whether they just don't give a shit.
 
iPhone Site Feedback

The iPhone site needs a NEW menu item under each topic to show the newly posted stories within that topic. Better yet, a Sort/Filter By option to show all stories in that topic sorted by Date Published, Rating, Author or Title. This would allow the reader to see more than just the first 10-15 of the most recent postings like the current site does. Also, the iPhone site needs the same advanced search features as the current site.
 
The iPhone site needs a NEW menu item under each topic to show the newly posted stories within that topic. Better yet, a Sort/Filter By option to show all stories in that topic sorted by Date Published, Rating, Author or Title. This would allow the reader to see more than just the first 10-15 of the most recent postings like the current site does. Also, the iPhone site needs the same advanced search features as the current site.

When they updated the main site's search page, they broke major features. 4 months later, they apparently have no interest in fixing them or even acknowledging them.

So...you're probably better off hoping they just leave your search page alone.
 
I can't decide if the site simply doesn't actually have a tech support staff, or whether they just don't give a shit.

Sorry for the delay in replying to your latest posts.

The boolean search should be working, but it now requires using all capital letters for AND and OR. If that isn't working for you, please let me know and we can check it again!

:D
 
use of CAPS for boolean operators does make for easier-to-read strings. thanks manu!
 
Sorry for the delay in replying to your latest posts.

The boolean search should be working, but it now requires using all capital letters for AND and OR. If that isn't working for you, please let me know and we can check it again!

:D

I've always used all caps for boolean terms. I use all caps in the OP for this thread. It still does not work. For example, this first search used to work pre-update, and hasn't worked in the months since. Note, this is just an example, ALL searches I try have this same problem.

busty OR "large breasts" OR "huge breasts" OR "full breasts" OR "ample breasts" OR "big breasts" OR "large tits" OR "huge tits" OR "full tits" OR "ample tits" OR "big tits" OR "large boobs" OR "huge boobs" OR "full boobs" OR "ample boobs" OR "big boobs"
Zero results.

Busty
172 pages of results


Another example

skirt OR dress OR gown OR blouse OR bra OR minidress OR miniskirt
18 results

skirt
2636 pages of results

Clearly, OR is not working properly. Adding OR terms should return more results, not far fewer or breaking the search entirely.
 
This is an extremely easy bug to reproduce, so to make it even easier...
Any "OR" operators used after the first one (the first one works properly) are broken.

skirt
2636 pages of results

skirt OR dress
4292 pages of results

skirt OR dress OR gown
352 pages of results

skirt OR dress OR gown OR blouse
118 pages of results

skirt OR dress OR gown OR blouse OR pants
74 pages of results


busty


red
4221 pages of results

red OR blue
5265 pages of results

red OR blue OR yellow
594 pages of results

Just for reference:
red AND blue OR yellow
2113 pages of results

red OR blue OR yellow OR green
294 pages of results

red OR blue OR yellow OR green OR black OR white OR purple OR orange OR teal OR brown OR maroon OR beige
2 results

red OR blue OR yellow OR green OR black OR white OR purple OR orange OR teal OR brown OR maroon OR beige OR turquoise
1 result

red OR blue OR yellow OR green OR black OR white OR purple OR orange OR teal OR brown OR maroon OR beige OR turquoise OR colorful
Zero results
 
So, I guess I'll assume silence means they're working on it, at least for a little longer. Then, I'll go back to slowly making ever more annoyed posts for months, since that worked last time...sort of.
 
So, after waiting 4 months, finally getting an "answer" that was the equivalent of "did you check if it was turned on?" while ignoring the actual problem, another two weeks have passed with still no response.

I probably shouldn't be surprised at this point. I'm only surprised that no one else seems to care.
 
Oh my gawd, it's finally worki...yeah, no. It's still broken. Because why wouldn't it be? It's not like being able to find stories is an important feature to a site dedicated to hosting stories.

Another weeks goes by...I don't understand why this isn't a bigger deal to anyone except me. Do people really not care about this at all?
 
I don't understand why this isn't a bigger deal to anyone except me. Do people really not care about this at all?

Considering that you are the only one posting with this problem, the answer seems rather obvious. You are aware of the definition of insanity, right?
 
Considering that you are the only one posting with this problem, the answer seems rather obvious. You are aware of the definition of insanity, right?

Believing the site admins will respond to a support request, despite one of them promising to do so, apparently.
 
6 weeks since being told I'd get a response...no response. 4.5 months and problem is still ongoing. Yeesh.
 
Credit where credit is due. It took 6 months with essentially no response, but this problem appears to be finally fixed.
 
Back
Top