Gardeners

No, just some individual seed packets. I figured they probably wouldn't grow, but low and behold...

I decided to start a small compost heap as well. Hopefully by next year I'll have better soil to work with.

Amazing what a little water will do.
 
Amazing what a little water will do.

Acter they started coming on strong I hit them with a little Vitamin B and they are certainly responding well. If i get a drcent harvest this year I might just build me some raised beds and do it right.
 
Acter they started coming on strong I hit them with a little Vitamin B and they are certainly responding well. If i get a drcent harvest this year I might just build me some raised beds and do it right.

The real reason for raised beds is to keep from bending over so far.
 
I need just a tip about growing roses please!

I bought clearance roses at the end of the season. Planted them and only touch them when I need to prune. Plants do a lot better when I don't try to kill them.
 
I upgraded the exhaust fan in the greenhouse, today. I may take the old fan and install it in the other peak end.
 
A little flower blossoms forth
On every hill and dale,
The emblem of the Pioneers
Upon the rugged trail;

The Pioneers have asked it
And we could deny them not;
So the emblem of Alaska
Is the blue Forget-me-not.
 
Might look into the Mittleider Method. Dr. Mittleider is all about measurements and what-not.

I'm reading this right now, it's pretty good.https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MSTZHIU/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497253454&sr=8-1&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=mittleider+gardening+course+book

I'll take a look. I have a blue orchid I think I'm killing. I'm not sure if it's too much water or not enough.

The roses are still great. 8 years and they pretty much take care of themselves.
 
So far this year nothing is dead!! Well, the flowers fell off the orchid, but that is supposed to happen (I'm pretty sure). I need to cut the stems and leaves back.

My outside plants are alive, the ones I need to water. It rained today which was good. A great start to the summer.
 
First harvest happy dance!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20170706_195423_edit1.jpg
    IMG_20170706_195423_edit1.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 0
The first of the corn is forming tassels, the sketchy rows are back on track for the mid-end of August. The tomatoes are happy and I'll have green beans in another week. Everything else is a little behind, but is coming out of the kinks nicely so ... it's the little things that matter.
 
My corn plants look to be dying.... I gave everyone a dose of B12 with their water last week and everyone seems to be doing well but the corn is not looking good at all. I'm afraid I have killed them. I'm pruning in hopes to save at least a couple stalks.

The zucchini and yellow squash are going like gang busters though. Fruit is starting to form, so thats a plus. Bell peppers are still lagging far behind.
 
More garden goodness.
Shaping up to be a less than stellar year so we are celebrating every morsel.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20170717_200603_edit_edit.jpg
    IMG_20170717_200603_edit_edit.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
so many huge tomatoes, lots of peppers, and 5 watermelons so far on the one plant and growing like crazy; we've had bush beans coming out our ears, the tomatilloes are great in his salsas, the okra and the cukes and the pattypan, though we didn't use hardly any bergamot (i think) and lots of the bok choi bolted. Broccoli looks about done with, though the leeks, carrots, and potatoes are still growing away underground.

i forgot the blueberries, which are almost done, and the logan/blackberries which are ripening with some already picked, baked, and eaten fresh. the blueberry waffles were to die for, and the fruits were pretty good on the crepes, too.
 
Last edited:
19875670_1458897347523466_4520089197391308673_n.jpg
 
Need something to wipe grass out among Blue Rug Junipers. Too much to pull, and it just comes back. Can't mow it. Weed whacking is only temporary. Need a spray to knock the grass out without harming the plants.
 
Back
Top