I have a slightly odd request for an editor.

D

DarkPleasures

I am looking for an editor who is comfortable with *potentially* every category of Lit, as I wish to try my hand at Survivor next year, and who would be willing to stick with me for the long haul. (So I wouldn't need to keep seeking someone...) I'll admit that I do not have any completed stories yet, and am a bit ahead of myself with this request, but hope to remedy that soon.

Usually I spell well; however, typos do happen. I also think I have a grasp on grammar and syntax, but it never hurts having another set of eyes! I would also be open to any suggestion an editor would have as a proofreader. :)

If this sounds appealing to anyone, please reply here or PM me.

Thank you for your time! :rose:

Not trying to burst your bubble, but I have heard this is the last year for survivor.

But even if it is, that does not mean you still can't challenge yourself to write in as many categories as you can.

Not trying to burst your bubble, but I have heard this is the last year for survivor.

But even if it is, that does not mean you still can't challenge yourself to write in as many categories as you can.

Personal challenges can be even more satisfying than participating in a contest.

Personal challenges can be even more satisfying than participating in a contest.

True...but I'll admit I was hopeful to try Survivor. Being in the eighth month of the year, though, I don't wish to join it now.

Dark: let's try one first. Some edits are easy, some are hard labor. I think most editors would like to figure out which you are for them and then maybe commit to one hundred stories. I would be willing to try the first one and go from there. PM me and I will send you my e=mail

Dark: let's try one first. Some edits are easy, some are hard labor. I think most editors would like to figure out which you are for them and then maybe commit to one hundred stories. I would be willing to try the first one and go from there. PM me and I will send you my e=mail

I can as soon as I finish a story. :eek: I was ahead of myself with my request.

I am looking for an editor who is comfortable with *potentially* every category of Lit, as I wish to try my hand at Survivor next year, and who would be willing to stick with me for the long haul. (So I wouldn't need to keep seeking someone...) I'll admit that I do not have any completed stories yet, and am a bit ahead of myself with this request, but hope to remedy that soon.

Usually I spell well; however, typos do happen. I also think I have a grasp on grammar and syntax, but it never hurts having another set of eyes! I would also be open to any suggestion an editor would have as a proofreader. :)

If this sounds appealing to anyone, please reply here or PM me.

Thank you for your time! :rose:

If you can find someone that open-minded, I congratulate you. I have a hard time believing you would find someone that would not object to at least one category, regardless of the reason why.

Considering how I don't read stories from at least 4 genres on this site, I would not be the ideal candidate.

Good luck with your quest. I hope you find someone. :)

I think an editor who is able to concentrate on the mechanics and on helping the author bring out his/her concepts could edit just about anything. I think I've edited nearly everything there is to edit on Lit., including water sports, which definitely isn't my own thing. An experienced editor doesn't take ownership of a work and manages to remain apart from it. This is what enables her/him to see the errors and pitfalls.

I think an editor who is able to concentrate on the mechanics and on helping the author bring out his/her concepts could edit just about anything. I think I've edited nearly everything there is to edit on Lit., including water sports, which definitely isn't my own thing. An experienced editor doesn't take ownership of a work and manages to remain apart from it. This is what enables her/him to see the errors and pitfalls.

You beat me to a reply.

I don't read or write in all the Lit categories but I have edited stories in a large portion of them without any trouble.

Back