Deeva's Den of Darkness

attachment.php

Attachments

• bg-003.jpg
    bg-003.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 38
Strolls in quietly. A note and a single rose tucked delicately in between strong fingers. Placing them on a table he smiles at thoughts of his dear friend, and then strolls out. again.

Last edited:
Zoe listened intently to the message her boss lady had left.

I’m ready...

A smile dimpled her cheeks. It was time to ready the Den.

Zoe’s keen eyes glanced around the Den.

She could sense her arrival was nigh.
Her favorite things were stocked.
Linens freshened.
Scented candles burning...the only light needed.
The bar and kitchen was stocked.

She’ll be pleased.

The cooling rain and wild wind stung her freckled cheeks as she made her way through the darkness to an old place of comfort. Her red waves whipped across her face momentarily blinding her and she fought to tame the wet curls. Although it had been a long time, she still remembered the way to her destination as if it were yesterday. It held fond memories of time passed with loved ones and dear friends. It held painful memories too of love lost and friendships distanced.

As she drew near, It was clear her assistant Zoe received the message she’d sent that her return was imminent. The path showed signs of being trimmed back to provide a clear walkway to the front door of her den. An ache began to burn in her chest the closer she got. Just around the bend a faint light flickered in the front window.

Her heart thudded in her chest.

She was home.

The heavy bronze key hung from the strap of leather around her neck. It seemed to thrum between the curves of her breast, warm from the heat of her skin. With a deep breath, she inserted the key and turned the lock.

The door creaked, a sign that it hadn’t been used much in the last few years. The scent of vanilla greeted her and she smiled at the site of the scented candles lining the bar. They were a favorite, along with the bottle of Crown that awaited her. Zoe thoughtfully added special touches for her arrival.

Adding a few cubes of ice to a glass, she added in a double shot and topped it with Diet Coke. The first sip on her dry throat burned. Another, longer drink and a tired smile tilted her lips. First, a good nights rest and tomorrow she’d be ready for whatever came her way.

The wild winds carried with it a long, low howl, that echoed in the night, Rustling of leaves and brush, glinting light emanated from glowing eyes that carried and shined in the lights, a black 4 legged figure spotted at the edges of the shadows, darting between the tree's, Before a long leather wrapped leg stepped from the shadows and the body followed, wind swept leather trench flowing behind him revealing the tanktop underneath, as a male steps into the light, black amber eyes smiling, world weary, and older, unsure of his welcome as he stood in the rain, the beads of water slicking his thick chest length beard, and soaking the bandanna that covered his bald head. "welcome home stranger" a dark roughened voice spoke, lilted with an obvious smile,

Last edited:
“You know I’m no stranger.”

Smiling, she did a cat-like stretch and eased to her feet, rubbing her eyes so she could look at his sweet face.

“I’ve missed you, old friend.”

A few short steps and she was tiptoeing up to wrap her arms around his neck nuzzling her cheek to his. He’d always had a way about him that made her feel safe and cared for. One of those people that no matter what time had passed, once you were together it like you’d never parted. The dampness that covered him soaked through her clothing but it didn’t matter. The tight hold he’d embraced her with warmed her from within.

“How’d you know I was here so quickly? I’ve only been here a few hours...”

Her sleep-roughened voice drifted off as she pulled back and looked into his amber eyes that were studying her in such a way it almost made her feel...and feelings were something she’d blocked herself from long ago. A darkness had moved in her depths and she welcomed the shield it provided. So much had changed in her life since she’d been back here.

Still yet, she couldn’t resist digging her fingers into his shoulders slightly and breathing him in, brushing a brief kiss to his bearded cheek.

Before he answered, she straightened and said, “Here, let me take your coat and hang it by the fire to dry.” Quickly she pulled back and busied herself with taking his coat and walking to hang it on a hook not far from the warmth.

“You know I’m no stranger. I’ve missed you, old friend.” he slung his arms around her when she approached, his arms tight around her as he returned her nuzzle, a low grumbling growl rolling around his chest his smile genuine and happy as he placed a soft kiss to her nose then her forehead, setting her back on her feet, “How’d you know I was here so quickly? I’ve only been here a few hours...” his shoulders shook slightly with a chuckle, his eyes turning quizzical as he looked to her as they walked inside “although time has passed, the winds and the wilds still talk to us animals, even after all this time, I still know your scent on the air” he spoke, catching her cheek in his hand, his palm roughed and calloused, but his caress was gentle, his smile softening as his thumb caressed her cheek feeling her tug at his jacket an eyebrow quirks in amusement, his words intermixed with a chuckle “all these years, and you still just cant wait to get me out of my clothes” he teased, helping her hang his coat up

She couldn’t help but laugh at his remark....”all these years, and you still just cant wait to get me out of my clothes.”

“All these years have passed and you’re still the same cocky wolf.” She patted his cheek affectionately before wandering behind the bar to refill her drink.

“Care for a drink?”

“All these years have passed and you’re still the same cocky wolf.” He laughed and gave her a wink sliding onto a bar stool "yea, Cap n Coke if you would madam" he sat back "how have things been? its been some years, must have some exciting stories to tell after all these years?" His voice had gentled, the smile tender as he watched her move about like she'd never left. casually he slung his arm over the back of the stool as he half leaned on the bar and half on the barstool,

Last edited:
Back