Landmark Report Concludes Abortion In U.S. Is Safe

You keep patting yourself on your shoulder :D but indeed, this is one of the best arguments that I've read.
I think that the 'Abortion debate' is one of the most complex and unsolvable ethical debates.

If I became President, I'd focus on prevention instead.
Like making contraception cheaper, and easier or free access to prescribing doctors.

I'd also make sure somehow that the women who underwent more than two abortions were exposed to education and had contraception readily available.
Within limits of course, because for most of them the decision was heartbreaking and traumatizing.

However, I'd be much more forceful with those who had more than four abortions; I'd ask them to attend regular doctor appointments, or in extreme either mandate them and their partners to have a semi-permanent method of contraception (IUD, tubal ligation or vasectomy). Rights over your body my ass, when you're using abortion as a method of contraception.

In the US according to the CDC, the abortion rate for 2014 was 12.1 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 years, and the abortion ratio was 186 abortions per 1,000 live births (18.6%).

Anyone who believes rates like that are due to 'threat of death to the mother' are living a fantasy. These are simply a brutal means of birth control by women who simply don't care that at least 99% of these abortions are simply post-sex clean-up in aisle 7, women who are too morally lacking to take responsibility to even take birth control, and who kill the innocent children they conceive simply for their entertainment in bed.

https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/data_stats/abortion.htm

In the US according to the CDC, the abortion rate for 2014 was 12.1 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 years, and the abortion ratio was 186 abortions per 1,000 live births (18.6%).

Anyone who believes rates like that are due to 'threat of death to the mother' are living a fantasy. These are simply a brutal means of birth control by women who simply don't care that at least 99% of these abortions are simply post-sex clean-up in aisle 7, women who are too morally lacking to take responsibility to even take birth control, and who kill the innocent children they conceive simply for their entertainment in bed.

https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/data_stats/abortion.htm

So? What do you propose?

If I were you, I'd ask lawmakers to put more money into Health.
Among others, to improve Health Education, and to finance more walk-in clinics for sex education and contraception + free or very cheap contraception.

And while we're at it, let's not forget that women don't get pregnant by themselves.
Any words about men who refuse to wear condoms, coach? Or are they exempt from criticism?

So? What do you propose?

If I were you, I'd ask lawmakers to put more money into Health.
Among others, to improve Health Education, and to finance more walk-in clinics for sex education and contraception + free or very cheap contraception.

The very thing that’s so perverse about pro-abortion zealots is that they not only kill their own children, but they then have the temerity to lie and prosylatize the immorality of liberal hedonism in the public schools, which they have also taken over. And in every case they expect to create this tyranny via taxation. They’ve taken the nuns to court for practicing their faith by refusing to fund their shame... there’s nothing they won’t do, no reach too far.

First thing that’s needed is to pull the plug on public financing of Planned Parenthood.

Next thing is mandatory tubal ligation when abortion proves to being used by anyone as their method of birth control (should be required to be performed during any second abortion not for protecting the mother’s life)

Surgeon General should take this issue on in the same fashion the government took on smoking. That includes taxing the shit out of them, just like they do now with tobacco sales (half the price of a pack of cigarettes is due to taxes)

The very thing that’s so perverse about pro-abortion zealots is that they not only kill their own children, but they then have the temerity to lie and prosylatize the immorality of liberal hedonism in the public schools, which they have also taken over. And in every case they expect to create this tyranny via taxation. They’ve taken the nuns to court for practicing their faith by refusing to fund their shame... there’s nothing they won’t do, no reach too far.

First thing that’s needed is to pull the plug on public financing of Planned Parenthood.

Next thing is mandatory tubal ligation when abortion proves to being used by anyone as their method of birth control (should be required to be performed during any second abortion not for protecting the mother’s life)

Surgeon General should take this issue on in the same fashion the government took on smoking. That includes taxing the shit out of them, just like they do now with tobacco sales (half the price of a pack of cigarettes is due to taxes)

You habitually gloss over the role of men in all this.

Why not mandatory dick ligation too?

I'd say let's make it mandatory for every horny or philandering male out there to have mandatory reversible vasectomy, and once they decide to settle down - reverse it.

The very thing that’s so perverse about pro-abortion zealots is that they not only kill their own children, but they then have the temerity to lie and prosylatize the immorality of liberal hedonism in the public schools, which they have also taken over.

Nobody but you gives a shit about your morality and liberal hedonism is part of all the freedom!!

If you don't like all that freedom then you're free to leave at your earliest convenience.....I'm sure Iran, Syria, Iraq or Afghanistan would love to acquire such a "moral" person such as yourself, you sound just like most of them.

You habitually gloss over the role of men in all this.

Why not mandatory dick ligation too?

Because the dick has zero authority, thus zero responsibility.

I'd say let's make it mandatory for every horny or philandering male out there to have mandatory reversible vasectomy, and once they decide to settle down - reverse it.

Forced surgery vs elective....not really apples and apples there.

Forced surgery vs elective....not really apples and apples there.

It was tongue in cheek towards Coach.

But nevertheless, the responsibility should lie with both sexes.
When a woman decides to undergo abortion, too often the blame and burden (both psychological and financial) are placed only on her, and the guy gets a clean pass.
Similarly, it's unfair for the guy when a woman who forgot to take contraceptives unilaterally decides on keeping the child, and forces him into a lifetime of paying child suppot.

Those are very complex and difficult matters to address , which is why I think that the answer lies in putting more money into Prevention.

Last edited:
But nevertheless, the responsibility should lie with both sexes.

When total authority and control only lies with one?

LOL....no it shouldn't be.

Women have all the authority and control over their bodies, and rightfully so.

But that also means they should have all the responsibility for their body too.

When a woman decides to undergo abortion, too often the blame and burden (both psychological and financial) are placed only on her, and the guy gets a clean pass.

That's because unless he raped her, she's the one who fucked up.

Similarly, it's unfair for the guy when a woman who forgot to take contraceptives unilaterally decides on keeping the child, and forces him into a lifetime of paying child suppot.

I agree, which is why a marriage/contract should be needed to even petition a court to go after a guy for child support. If he didn't agree that shit should be on her.

Those are very complex and difficult matters to address , which is why I think that the answer lies in putting more money into Prevention.

Not really that complex.

Difficult...yes because people hate taking responsibility for their actions. The answer to that "problem" is to quit trying to make that problem everyone else's and put responsibility where it belongs.

I bet the condom/BC manufacturers love the idea of getting in on that, send the government to collect billions for them in the name of "progress" . Condoms suddenly cost 500 bucks a piece and a month worth of the pill will cost 15,000 bucks!!

And people wonder how the 1% got so astro-fuckin-nomically rich :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Exactly. Much easier operation too.

My point was:
Unintended pregnancies are - roughly speaking- due to either contraceptive failure, or forgetfullness.
In case of the latter:

Personally, I would never dare to judge a woman who had two abortions because she forgot to take her pills or to ask her partner to use a condom.

But any ethical or reflective person would ask herself deeper, more meaningful questions after that, and would take measures so that such accidents don't reccur.
I find those persons who continue to have 3, 4, 5 abortions because they either continue to forget about contraception, or didn't consider IUD or vasectomy in their partner, to be irresponsible.

ETA
Those particular women are a very small minority, and I wouldn't have continued on the topic unless you did.

(a) Why is two the magic number?
(b) Not everyone is ethical and/or reflective - does that mean they should be consigned to unwanted children OR have medical procedures foisted upon them?
(c) If someone want to use abortion as contraception, then really, whatever. Personally, I think it's bit silly because it really doesn't look like a fun process.
(d) Where is your evidence to back up the 'forgetfulness/failure' point? I personally suspect that a large chunk of them are 'heat of the moment' things and assuming everything will be OK. I've known women my age, who are usually extremely sensible, who have had pregnancy scares because they just made a silly decision when they weren't thinking straight. (AND the guy clearly made the same silly decision.)

Basically, I'm saying either you make abortions illegal, or you make them open access. Halfway measures where someone has to fulfill some set of pre-determined criteria are doomed ... who gets to decide what the criteria are, who gets to decide whether or not they're fulfilled?

Last edited:

I truly hope no one you love ever ends up wanting an abortion ... or at least, that they don't tell you about it.

(c) If someone want to use abortion as contraception, then really, whatever. Personally, I think it's bit silly because it really doesn't look like a fun process.
You forgot to mention the foetus.
I think that this suggests that our differences are due to different understandings of what a foetus is, as opposed to morality or ethics.

I suspect that you view the foetus who hasn't a fully developped nervous system as 'a thing', not a person. Whereas RWers give it personhood.
I maintain an attitude of "Science hasn't evolved enough for us to know for sure."
Nobody knows for sure yet When a foetus who's nervous system is developping, starts feeling or thinking or has a soul or things in that line.

Therefore, I have great anxiety about the topic and can't subscribe to any party.
I think that the woman's rights should trump those of the foetus so to speak, but within reasonable limits.
That's why I choose a cutoff of 2 abortions as the point when the woman as well as the man should ask themselves hard questions: "Why did it happen and how could I prevent it from happening again?"

I'm critical of the extreme Left's flippant attitude and refusal to ask themselves more questions about what a foetus is.

I'm just as critical of the extreme Right who scream "Abortion is murder". Given that, more often than not, they are also warmongers or don't give two straws when civilians are being killed in their proxy wars.

You forgot to mention the foetus.
I think that this suggests that our differences are due to different understandings of what a foetus is, as opposed to morality or ethics.

I suspect that you view the foetus who hasn't a fully developped nervous system as 'a thing', not a person. Whereas RWers give it personhood.
I maintain an attitude of "Science hasn't evolved enough for us to know for sure."
Nobody knows for sure yet When a foetus who's nervous system is developping, starts feeling or thinking or has a soul or things in that line.

Therefore, I have great anxiety about the topic and can't subscribe to any party.
I think that the woman's rights should trump those of the foetus so to speak, but within reasonable limits.
That's why I choose a cutoff of 2 abortions as the point when the woman as well as the man should ask themselves hard questions: "Why did it happen and how could I prevent it from happening again?"

Yeah, but that's just your cut-off point, and your definition of 'reasonable limits' ... and if you think there's a risk it's traumatic for the foetus, why is OK to traumatise two of them, but not more?

I'm pretty good with a universal cut-off point of somewhere between 14 and 19 weeks (I'd leave the actual time up to people more expert in the field, because science), unless medically indicated.
If we really thought they had souls or personhood prior to that time, we'd be having funerals every time a woman miscarried. But we don't. I've lost a pregnancy. I was under no illusion that it was a 'person'. I was sad for the loss of the baby we wanted to have, not the loss of an actual baby, because there wasn't one.
(Apologies to anyone who's miscarried who felt differently - I know mine isn't a universal position, but it's my position, and it's pretty well aligned with my position on abortion.)

Also, with respect to the 'feotus' might feel pain' argument ... on that basis, I'd hope you're vegetarian?

Also, with respect to the 'feotus' might feel pain' argument ... on that basis, I'd hope you're vegetarian?

giphy.gif

1rHQ83U.gif

tenor.gif

well, uhh...y'see, what it was, was like...ahh...:D

Exactly. Much easier operation too.

Oh yea....force surgery on all men (sterilization for some) because some women don't want to have to take responsibility for something they have 100% total legal authority over.

Nothing insane about that...nope.

:rolleyes:

You're as bad of a raging bigot as beew and that other piece of shit Adrina who thinks the penis prevents men from being capable of higher thinking.

So which comment(s) of mine got your panties in a twist about me, BB? :)

So which comment(s) of mine got your panties in a twist about me, BB? :)

I don't care enough about you to get my non-existant panties in a wad.

Doesn't make you not an insane bigot looking to alleviate women of their responsibility of taking care of their uterus by preemptively punishing all men for the actions or inactions of some irresponsible women.

Could not be more blatant of a knuckle dragging bigot.

Last edited:
You keep patting yourself on your shoulder :D but indeed, this is one of the best arguments that I've read.
I think that the 'Abortion debate' is one of the most complex and unsolvable ethical debates.

If I became President, I'd focus on prevention instead.
Like making contraception cheaper, and easier or free access to prescribing doctors.

I'd also make sure somehow that the women who underwent more than two abortions were exposed to education and had contraception readily available.
Within limits of course, because for most of them the decision was heartbreaking and traumatizing.

However, I'd be much more forceful with those who had more than four abortions; I'd ask them to attend regular doctor appointments, or in extreme either mandate them and their partners to have a semi-permanent method of contraception (IUD, tubal ligation or vasectomy). Rights over your body my ass, when you're using abortion as a method of contraception.

Plan B OTC drugs have made a dent in abortion statistics from what I've read.

One rather easy fix, in my opinion, is to make birth control pills available over the counter. They've been on the market for 50+ years and have shown no long term side effects or short term either for that matter. Yes, anecdotally there is a significantly insignificant number of women who cannot tolerate them, but the same could be said for the people who cannot tolerate ibuprofen, and it's available over the counter.

Limit the price of a 30 day supply to $10 and conservatives would love it as it would fulfill one of the core tenets of their reproductive policy (i.e. "sluts must pay for their sexual won ton (sic) lust"). OTC would mean they'd no longer be covered under insurance.

I'm critical of the extreme Left's flippant attitude and refusal to ask themselves more questions about what a foetus is.

I'm just as critical of the extreme Right who scream "Abortion is murder". Given that, more often than not, they are also warmongers or don't give two straws when civilians are being killed in their proxy wars.

I also take exception with this notion that 'the Left' is flippant about such things. Having supported a friend and my mother through terminations, I can assure you it's not something either they nor I am 'flippant' about. (Adrina and I probably come across as flippant in some of the threads, but that's clearly in response to arguments that are just silly, not the actual issue itself.)

I also take exception with this notion that 'the Left' is flippant about such things. Having supported a friend and my mother through terminations, I can assure you it's not something either they nor I am 'flippant' about. (Adrina and I probably come across as flippant in some of the threads, but that's clearly in response to arguments that are just silly, not the actual issue itself.)

Why are you arguing with ####? You know he's a lying piece of shit with zero credibility or firing neurons.

Teminations? Is that a new euphemism for murders? How flippant is that? :)

Back