Categories that were, Categories that are...

BiscuitHammer

The Hentenno
And Categories we think should be.

What category do you think it would make sense to add?

Legalities aside, I think I'd have either a category allowing later teens, or allow it into categories (except NC). Not because I have a need or a fetish for teens, but the limitation imposed where you're 17 and 364 days as opposed to 18 on the nosie seems stilted. Teens have sex. Alluding to it sometimes doesn't quite convey.

Considering what I get away with in my Great Khan story, maybe an Extreme/Brütal category isn't necessary. I dunno. I'm actually not working today, so no idle musings from the bridge of a starship thrown your way.

Anybody have any other ideas? I'm awake and curious.

And keep it respectful, when it comes to people and their suggestions. Or I will kick you in the shmoo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Last edited by a moderator:
And keep it respectful, when it comes to people and their suggestions. Or I will kick you in the shmoo.

What is a shmoo? Do I even have one? Does that mean I could be a complete beeyotch and come away un-kicked? Inquiring minds like mine want to know!

I’d like to see a category dedicated to “cheating hearts”, but I’m pretty pure it fits in with “Romance” anyway. 🌹Kant👠👠👠

What is a shmoo? Do I even have one? Does that mean I could be a complete beeyotch and come away un-kicked? Inquiring minds like mine want to know!

Unless you're in the futa category, shmoos tend to be a sensitive male appendage.

And it's cheating if you're a complete bitch because I abhor violence against women and can't deck them.

I mean, I could hire a girl to kick a girl in the gooch, but money is tight, yo.

Just play nice. That way shmoos and gooches remain intact and available for their nature-intended purposes.

I’d like to see a category dedicated to “cheating hearts”, but I’m pretty pure it fits in with “Romance” anyway. 🌹Kant👠👠👠

Wouldn't that be LW?

Or am I just completely bajankajanked on the nature of many categories?

Legalities aside, I think I'd have either a category allowing later teens, or allow it into categories (except NC). Not because I have a need or a fetish for teens, but the limitation imposed where you're 17 and 364 days as opposed to 18 on the nosie seems stilted. Teens have sex. Alluding to it sometimes doesn't quite convey.

Teens may have sex, it's true (I remember the shock of realising that my daughter was no longer a virgin).
As far as I can gather, the 18-year-old barrier is more legal than anything else. One cannot be seen to encourage 'loose morals' in a Young Person, you know ( :rolleyes: ).
But because Lit is quite literally world-wide, the legal systems wherever it is read will probably have a different 'minimum age' limit. But 18 is probably accepted everywhere.

I still think a bisexual category would be good. Bisexual women are widely accepted here, and you're likely to get positive results. If you write about bisexual men, your hate box is always going to be full (Okay, maybe just mine :confused: ).

I think if there was an actual category for bisexuality, people adverse to multiple shmoos (thanks BiscuitHammer) in one scene and those opposed to shmoos and honey pots together in the next scene could skip them entirely, without the ensuing self-righteous outrage. Everyday life is not always either/or in anything. There are always shades of grey. We have a category describing non-consent (but he/she ended up liking it, so it was okay, right?) but we don't have a category for people (particularly men) enjoying both sexes. This isn't my show, though. Just my thoughts.

The Lit servers are here in the U.S.A. and the legal adult age is 18.

Although each state has the say about what the age of consent is the Federal Gov. had decided through Congressional decree that you are not an adult until you reach the age of 18. Not the day before, the day you reach 18.

The states used to have the say, but each state had some differences. I lived in Illinois, you weren't and adult until you turned 21. But in Wisconsin you were and adult at age 18, except you couldn't vote. Voting age was 21.

So the Congress passed a law that voting age was 18 and that everyone was legally an adult on their 18th birthday and also eligible to be drafted.

Before then you had to be 21 to be drafted. I didn't have to register until I was 21. My son had to register when he was 18.

So that's why it's 18. And no matter how much you complain it will stay 18 until such time that the law is changed.

Question: What happens if the law raised the age of an adult...say to 25? :eek:

The Lit servers are here in the U.S.A. and the legal adult age is 18.

This misunderstanding just keeps on popping up no matter how often it's debunked here. There is no U.S. law making writing underage sex illegal and underage sex is written and published in the mainstream freely. There are laws against publishing images of actual underage children in sexual circumstances. That has nothing to do with writing underage sex fiction (or nonfiction, just on the basis of age).

The only reason underage sex isn't accepted in Literotica stories is that, for reasons of their own, they don't want underage sex stories on their Web site, which they have a right to enforce on this privately owned business.

This misunderstanding just keeps on popping up no matter how often it's debunked here. There is no U.S. law making writing underage sex illegal and underage sex is written and published in the mainstream freely. There are laws against publishing images of actual underage children in sexual circumstances. That has nothing to do with writing underage sex fiction (or nonfiction, just on the basis of age).

The only reason underage sex isn't accepted in Literotica stories is that, for reasons of their own, they don't want underage sex stories on their Web site, which they have a right to enforce on this privately owned business.

Good points. I've submitted several stories to nifty. It's a little more open there. I was able to write things that were more true to life. We don't all wait until 12:01 A.M. on our 18th birthdays. I understand the site owners position, but I know my own experiences as well.

The private site LIT's rules are pretty simple: no underage, no bestiality, no snuff, and no anything Laurel doesn't like. Laurel's site; Laurel's rules; respect and obey, or go elsewhere.

The word for some years has been that Manu's rewrite will eliminate categories in favor of tags. Thus any speculation about new categories is pointless. Ain't gonna happen. Selah!

Good points. I've submitted several stories to nifty. It's a little more open there. I was able to write things that were more true to life. We don't all wait until 12:01 A.M. on our 18th birthdays. I understand the site owners position, but I know my own experiences as well.

If our experiences had more than just a minimal resemblance with the stories on LE, 90% of the population would be inbred...

I've always assumed the 18+ rule is to keep the paedos away. I've had a story removed for referencing an under 18 masturbating in a non-erotic sense, so yeah, I get it's annoying, but given the option between having limitations and allowing rock spiders to come hang out with us, I'll take the former.

I'd love to have seen Loving Wives 15 years ago. Looking back at older stories and the comments and ratings they received, it seems that once upon a time the naughty wife wasn't automatically castigated as some unholy wanton slut who needed to be divorced and left on the streets. Even Lit's tagline as it shows up on my computer is 'wifeslut' which suggests at some point the category had a very different audience. I love stories about a cockslut who whores it up under the bemused and accepting eye of her husband. Stories like 'A Slut, not a Whore' exemplify what I think the category SHOULD be about, or, at the very least, contain without the anonygutless crowd trotting out the predictable 'faggot cuckshit' insult(which always make me think that if their sex moves are as predictable as their insults, no wonder their significant others cheated...)

Want bet...go fuck a 14 year old and see what happens to you. Sure, in France it's now legal, but in the U.S. not so much.

Want bet...go fuck a 14 year old and see what happens to you. Sure, in France it's now legal, but in the U.S. not so much.

You are continuing to screw up what you can do in real life with what you can write/publish about--and you are promoting disinformation about what is legal to write/publish about. You apparently don't do much reading in the mainstream.

Pilot is right, and this isn't responsive to his comment.

There is no universal age of consent in the US. In some states it's 18, in some 17, and in some 16. But, regardless, this has nothing to do with writing stories, because consent is irrelevant concerning fictional characters, whatever age they are. There may be some states that have laws that might restrict writing about under 18 characters, but as far as I can tell those laws aren't enforced, and they're probably at odds with the First Amendment.

The prohibition on this material at Literotica is entirely the result of the owners' choice, not the law. Their restrictions are much tighter than what you can find on television and in mainstream movies. That's their right.

Shouldn't we have a sticky titled LIT'S RULES ARE LAUREL'S RULES and be done with it?

Shouldn't we have a sticky titled LIT'S RULES ARE LAUREL'S RULES and be done with it?

*shrug* Probably no need for a sticky to that effect. Same as there's no need for a sticky titled 'Conjecture Is A Lovely Thing' or 'We All Know The Rules, But Feel Free To Discuss Stuff Anyway'.

*shrug* Probably no need for a sticky to that effect. Same as there's no need for a sticky titled 'Conjecture Is A Lovely Thing' or 'We All Know The Rules, But Feel Free To Discuss Stuff Anyway'.

I like those titles for stickies.

LW definitely needs to be broken up into two categories to split the "swingers" from the "angry at cheaters". It's really dumb forcing us to put stories for one audience in front of a different audience that wants nothing to do with the story being told, and both halves of the category are valid. It just seems like an unnecessary bear trap that could easily be disarmed.

Back