Wtf Is It With The Interest In Incest?

Especially since understanding someone's kink is not hard at all. Everyone has what turns them on, they know the aspects of it. So, you take the aspects of other kinks and you understand those aspects turn people on. That's all you need to know to understand someone's kink.
Perhaps ... but I'm not seeing it. Not to disagree with you, but I don't feel I can do so. Perhaps I can write something for a kink I don't feel, but it would feel such awkward that I might not even consider posting it. If I can't stand for something, why would anyone else?
But perhaps you're just a better writer than I am :)

This thread has nothing to do with writing a kink, that I know of. It's about the interest.

Edit: I don't understand why you wrote, 'If I can't stand for something, why would anyone else?' - I think you misunderstood the topic and you misunderstood what I said, because having a moral stand or a stance on principles has nothing to do with understanding the mind of another and why they do things.
People still write about incest, despite not having said kink. I meant that if I couldn't understand the kink about incest, I might not be able to write about it. And the inability to understand a kink might be due to it not fitting your principle in the first place. Which would explain why some people have absolutely no interest in writing about incest, whereas others have no qualms about it.

The thing I replied to was mostly because you wrote about how it shouldn't matter whether you understand a kink, because you can just apply another kink you do know in a different form. I think that's what separates some people in writing incest; one has that particular kink themselves, while the other one doesn't, but assumes how it works based off on a different kink.

If incest doesn't tickle you, yet you're still able to understand it and write about it, I think that's commendable.

Looked through some of the OP's posts. Lo and behold, a non con fan based on story suggestions and other posts. Now of course there's nothing wrong with that, just as there's nothing wrong with I/T here.

So a bit of good ol' kink shaming from a good ol' country boy, huh?

Or: there's only room for one on my soap box :)

This was the first OPs initial thread, Gentleman_G.

This thread isn't about writing incest or writing kinks, or being able to write kinks you don't agree with. It's about the interest of people - why are people interested in it? - Why is anyone interest in anything? The answer is simple: because it turns them on.

You need to start a whole new thread with your 'being able to write' scenario, Gentleman_G.
I thought you were being a jerk here, so I'll be a jerk in return. The OP was asking about interest in incest in the AH.
I just have to ask why everyone has so much interest in the subject of "incest?" I mean am i the only one who sees the numerous incest related threads lately?
You need to start a whole new thread to discuss why some people are in general interested in incest.

I just have to ask why everyone has so much interest in the subject of "incest?" I mean am i the only one who sees the numerous incest related threads lately?

Well the original post was pretty succinct. Me, I have no idea what basis of the interest is. Incest stories get read a lot and if you write you like being read - I've got no big thing about incest myself and never thought I'd write an incest story. It Literotica being Literotica and views being views I've written a couple and had fun so I may write more. But ask my why readers read them and why so many incest threads, I have no idea. Which doesn't answer the questions at all so why did I waste sixty seconds of my life on this? No idea either.

Gentleman's answer to my post read like a response to something I never said. That's how it read to me. I tried to explain this to him.Threads can go off in tangents, become other things, but Gentleman's response to me didn't make sense. I was trying to make sense of it by helping them realize what I was addressing vs what they were addressing.

I'm done with this explanations, because going in a circle takes me nowhere.
No problem. Just thought I'd clarify what I meant, but apparently that didn't get across either and you felt the same thing for your response. So let's just drop the issue altogether, I agree with that. No need to dance around each other trying to do the same thing over and over.
For the record, I didn't try to derail the original question, my apologies if it came across like that for you.

So, back to the OP ... for me, the idea of incest is the whole 'Despite our love for each other, society will never allow our relationship' that makes me enjoy reading them. Note that this doesn't mean 'I get turned on by my mom/father/daughter/son, so I'll fuck them', but people who genuinely love each other and cannot bring it out in the open to show their love for each other.
Perhaps that's cheesy, but that's the kind of story in I/T I can appreciate.

No problem. Just thought I'd clarify what I meant, but apparently that didn't get across either and you felt the same thing for your response. So let's just drop the issue altogether, I agree with that. No need to dance around each other trying to do the same thing over and over.
For the record, I didn't try to derail the original question, my apologies if it came across like that for you.

So, back to the OP ... for me, the idea of incest is the whole 'Despite our love for each other, society will never allow our relationship' that makes me enjoy reading them. Note that this doesn't mean 'I get turned on by my mom/father/daughter/son, so I'll fuck them', but people who genuinely love each other and cannot bring it out in the open to show their love for each other.
Perhaps that's cheesy, but that's the kind of story in I/T I can appreciate.

You make an excellent point. My biggest interest in taboo, especially sibling is that loving the one person society tells you that you can't love, a incestuous romeo and Juliet. This appeals to me because as a Satanist I'm pretty much of the school of if it feels good and you're not hurting anyone or yourself. then go for it.

My stories for the most part involve conflict. The son/brother/sister whoever...has these feelings and spends the story battling his desire because he's not 'supposed' to feel it. That's why I never do sequels. The thrill of the story is that initial first time where supposed to is tossed aside and the consummation of forbidden desier and love is achieved.

To me once that happens each chapter is now just sex which has lost its punched because now they're a couple....ch 2 Mom and derek do it in the pool....ch 3 Sis let's Bill have her ass.....and there is a huge market for those here, but that's on the pure stroke level which I generally don't write.

But as time has gone on I have done a few of those, but I don't have the son just falling into his mom, I write them with the relationship already in place so its more a fun sneaky quickie where they may get caught to add a thrill.

But my true feelings in the matter is it should be about emotion and not just the sex. I have a how to on that subject and it seemed to go over pretty well here.

With the caveat that there isn't interest in the subject of "incest" by "everyone" here, I think the reason for the level of interest being high here is that Literotica is one of the few places on the Internet where incest is being posted and discussed with only a limited amount of backlash. It's natural that those interested in the subject will gravitate here.

But, no, this isn't a subject that "everyone" here has an interest in. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be tolerated here as a subject as long as the Web site owners tolerate it.

Why the interest in incest?

Some people get off on two people doing it. Some people get off harder on two related people doing it. It's a fetish. Much like the universe, it exists because it exists, and unless you're a sociologist it's probably best not to worry about it unless you find your imagination drifting to your own family members. :)

The reason I write it is because it sells. All my incest stuff are the biggest sellers I have.

Seems everyone wants hit their mother. :eek:

I decided to write out of my comfort zone, in hopes it would make me better, so I started a cousin incest story. Then, I decided to write a sibling story. I decided I'd try a story in most of the usual incestual relations. I've not really struggled in writing until it came to cross-generational stories. I'm pretty far along on a story series where a mom and son accept their feelings for one another, but I think I can finish that one, as I have some other plot elements. I have 100,000 words on a father/daughter series that I can't seem to bring to fruition. That one hits a little too close to home for me, even though I have no daughters. I think it will be a good story, but despite all of the work I've put in it, I can't seem to work on it. It's in the dust bin, saved for later though.

I decided to write out of my comfort zone, in hopes it would make me better...
I have different comfort zones for writing and living. I write about what I would never do, never be comfortable with, but it works in storytelling. I doubt most murder writers would want to commit murder. Or maybe they do...

Just start with "Once upon a time..." and insert any perverted, nasty plot bunny. "Once upon a time, Suzy rode Daddy cowgirl-style." "Once upon a time, I was airtight with my brothers." Now write the Why? and How? and When? and What Happens Next? Easy-peasy.

I have different comfort zones for writing and living. I write about what I would never do, never be comfortable with, but it works in storytelling. I doubt most murder writers would want to commit murder. Or maybe they do...

Just start with "Once upon a time..." and insert any perverted, nasty plot bunny. "Once upon a time, Suzy rode Daddy cowgirl-style." "Once upon a time, I was airtight with my brothers." Now write the Why? and How? and When? and What Happens Next? Easy-peasy.

I think the murder analogy is a good one. There are all kinds of things people write about, and we don't assume that the people who write about them secretly harbor the desire to do them. We don't judge them.

It's odd to me that in a community of writers of erotica some assume that there's something wrong with people who like this or that fetish or kink, whether incest, or noncon, or whatever.

You cannot assume anything about what secret impulses lie in a person's heart just by knowing the stories they read or write.

I think the murder analogy is a good one. There are all kinds of things people write about, and we don't assume that the people who write about them secretly harbor the desire to do them. We don't judge them.

It's odd to me that in a community of writers of erotica some assume that there's something wrong with people who like this or that fetish or kink, whether incest, or noncon, or whatever.

You cannot assume anything about what secret impulses lie in a person's heart just by knowing the stories they read or write.

Good points in both of these replies. That's the approach I took in all of the I/T stories I've written. Think of the persons involved and the erotic situations, then put the appropriate I/T labels on them.

I agree with you SimonDoom. I think if you write erotic literature, some of the outrage and squeamishness should be left in the coat closet at the entrance. I have things that I'll never write, but I don't feel it's my right and/or duty to tell someone else they're a pervert!!! ;)

The reason I write it is because it sells. All my incest stuff are the biggest sellers I have.

Seems everyone wants hit their mother. :eek:

Same here. Some incest stories I write because I got hit with a good idea and ran with it, but some are okay, need a new book to keep the sales flowing....Lesbian, doesn't sell great, group? Not much better...BDSM no because I write Femdom:eek:

Milf? Not bad, but...if I make her his mom and not a friends mom its triple sales.

Sad that I'm not kidding.

I too get baffled by all the incest sometimes. Around half of the posts on the story ideas forum are incestuous to start with. My guess is that the people who like incest REALLY like incest and therefore are more vocal about it. Each to their own... Literotica is pretty strict on placing those stories in the I/T category, so it's easy to stay away from in terms of reading.

There's always genetic sexual attraction, which affects roughly 50% of fairly close relatives who meet for the first time in adulthood (children adopted at or near birth, for example). Apparently the compulsion is so powerful that it is difficult to resist and when it is it leaves a yawning crevice in one's psyche - scary stuff

Back