Story idea on finding out about affair

ctdans

Experienced
Joined
Dec 16, 2010
Posts
51
There have always been stories of finding out about a spouse cheating when something is found on a credit card invoice or a business expense account. I was hoping someone would write a similar story but using the reverse where an expense account that should have been submitted has not.

Say the wife travels often for work and has always submitted a very accurate and timely expense account. Almost like it is an obsession to do so. Then a coworker is found to submit a fraudulent expense account and that triggers an audit of everyone who attended that same conference. In doing so they find this women expense account missing. Going back six months she traveled a great deal but no expense account filed. Prior to these six months the expense accounts were filed and were accurate. They also discover that her new boss, who just started six months ago, had "double" the expenses. Breakfast for two, dinners, and so on.

Get the picture?
 
There have always been stories of finding out about a spouse cheating when something is found on a credit card invoice or a business expense account. I was hoping someone would write a similar story but using the reverse where an expense account that should have been submitted has not.

Say the wife travels often for work and has always submitted a very accurate and timely expense account. Almost like it is an obsession to do so. Then a coworker is found to submit a fraudulent expense account and that triggers an audit of everyone who attended that same conference. In doing so they find this women expense account missing. Going back six months she traveled a great deal but no expense account filed. Prior to these six months the expense accounts were filed and were accurate. They also discover that her new boss, who just started six months ago, had "double" the expenses. Breakfast for two, dinners, and so on.

Get the picture?

Hmm not a bad plot and certainly unique from what I've read over the years. I'm trying to visualize just how hubby finds out though?
 
Hmm not a bad plot and certainly unique from what I've read over the years. I'm trying to visualize just how hubby finds out though?

How about the guy who does the audit somehow is friends with hubby? Calls to ask about her using personal card or just giving heads up?
 
This still doesn't outline the main premise of where the story arc goes. As is, it could go into one of the Loving Wife arcs, a Lesbian arc or even a Group Sex three-way with hubby.

What's the rest of the story you have in mind?
 
Easy out: she fucks the auditors; they stay silent; hubby never knows.
OR
She was seconded to a secret surveillance team probing her new boss.
OR
She stopped filing expense reports when an alien took over her body.
 
I didnt think it all the way through. I guess loving wife category. Not a scorched earth type but not a raac cuck type story either. Not looking for navy seal cia guys. Just a pissed off husband divorce the wife with some revenge story. If i had talent i would try:).
 
True story without a hero...

IRL I run a business, FSA a restaurant. We buy from Coke. One day we have a new Coke sales rep, he tells me THIS story.

Male Coke rep and female Pepsi rep for same area were having an affair. Both were married to others. They coordinated their sales trips so they shared all possible expenses and maximized time together. They didn't go after each other's accounts and had their own private rules about getting new ones.

So for instance they shared a rental car and a hotel room, each put in a receipt for same, and so they had (untraceable by their spouses) spending money. They had apparently been doing this for many years. Both turned down promotions (That's not suspicious: being paid commission lots of top reps decline offers to become salaried.) to keep their tryst going.

They made (at least) one dumb mistake. There was a guy who started out in a low level job at Coke. The Coke rep had used Coke's Xerox machine to dupe his receipts, and then sorted the receipts oddly according to a set pattern (so his paramour got half the originals) and this mail room guy figured it out. He sat on the info for years, but when he rose high enough to make a deal, he ratted out his co-worker to get himself promoted.

Our Coke rep was fired, explaining the new guy I now had to teach.

EDIT: JMO no "Boss" would submit bogus expenses for his subordinate who legitimately had company directed expenses in lieu of her submitting them. BUT my little blurb could be tweaked right into something similar to the OPs scenario.

I don't know, but I assume from story I was told, the rep was fired but his wife never found out about the affair. What we need is the opposite.

A letter from Payroll arrives at one of the cheating spouses homes, the non-cheating spouse opens it. The payroll department just assumed it was an innocent mistake, they just want the CORRECT bill for the hotel room in Poughkeepsie. Hence the letter.

The receipt, which they have have included a xerox of, says Robert Smith and not Glenda Jones. (Or vise versa...)

That name means nothing to the drone in payroll, but hubby (wife) recognizes it...

"GUH-LENNNN-DAAAA!!!"

Love and Kisses

Lisa Ann
 
Last edited:
I had an affair with a coworker a number of years ago. Well, neither of us were married, so I don't know if it counts as an affair, but it certainly would have been frowned upon by management. Especially after I got promoted and became her boss. So we kept it a secret.

We traveled for business a lot together, and always got separate rooms, but we always just stayed in one room (whichever was nicer). I always thought it was a shame to be wasting the company's money, but there was nothing to be done about it. The old "two bills for one room" trick as outlined above would not have worked; both expense reports went to the same accounting office and they would have noticed. I never thought the situation could be a nugget of a story idea, but perhaps it can?
 
another direction

The idea is interesting and I can see several of the above becoming stories.

My particular take would be the wife has just started a job that requires travel and travel reimbursements. After several such trips, the hubby notes that there is one trip where she doesn't get reimbursed....he asks her about it and she claims it got Hung up in the HR operation but eventually what he realizes is she didn't take that one week trip....and, at least from her expense accounts, she didn't spend any money, but he knows she wasn't at home. Slowly (very slowly) he realizes she never left town but was in the fancy hotel downtown and somebody else paid for the hotel, meals, etc. Instead of being enraged, he is totally shocked and increasingly turned on.

Then she announces to him that she has another week long trip but that all the expenses will be paid by the company directly. So he follows her and sees her check in at the local fancy hotel......they have an atrium lobby with the glass elevator and he sees her go up to a 5th floor room and she knocks and the guy answers the door is young and buff......and the door closes........
 
Back
Top