Immortal Love

She took a drink from the wineskin and thanking the young worker with a wink as she found a place to sit down and watch them. Soon she hoped they would have this place of their own and hopefully freedom from those who kept coming after them. She watched Deacon for a moment as well. He could still sometimes be puzzling but she was glad they were in this together.
 
The day passed well, as did the evening. In the weeks that followed they regularly visited the building site, Samira danced her dances, the evenings brought them money and several times more tried to either kill or kidnap Samira. Deacon knew that they were growing desperate to have her by the way they started to get bolder and bolder. Then they overplayed their hand, their leaders came to the establishment with their top hunters. It would have been easy for Deacon to kill them all, but he silently alerted the guards and they got captured. A week later they moved into their new place, a huge party was held and the next morning found Deacon sitting on the roof with just his pants on, sipping on a gourd filled with cold water. He looked out over the city and smiled to himself, it felt like the world was at his feet.
 
She woke up and wrapping up she went wandering around their establishment with a smile. She was very.pleased and her young aid had taken well to cooking and getting the help needed to serve and cook. She and Deacon could see to it that no one harassed the servers. It was all finally coming together... stability a place of their own and safety at long last.
 
He peered out beyond the city limits, where the workers was getting ready to continue with the harvest and he knew that on the farm he had bought the preparations would be the same. He was sure that with the money he paid and with the expertise of the man in charge, it would not be too long until their wine would make them popular as well. It would be much more difficult to get out of public eye. He shifted of the roof, making himself more comfortable
 
She managed to make her way to the roof and saw him there.

Everything alright Deacon?
 
He looked over his shoulder at Samira and smiled,

"Oh all is just fine, just relaxing after a rather hectic night. You retired early though?"
 
Was a little more tired than usual... don't know why.


Walking over and sitting down by him. She still felt a little drowsy but that could just be the early morning calm. Drawing her cloak fighter around her she watched the city.

So do you think they are finally done and will leave us alone?
 
He took a sip of the water,

"I believe that for now they will back down, they have lost their heads and their daggers, so it will take a while for them to grow into a threat and by then we would most probably be gone from here."
 
She smiled feeling safer as she glanced out over the city.

Its so much like home yet so very different....
 
"I think over the years many places will be like home or will become home."

He faced her,

"Your aide has not become curious yet? I mean it is obvious that we are not normal."
 
All he wonders about is why you and I are not... closer than we are. He can not understand your ability to resist my dancing and clothing.

She smiled watching him. She knew he was right to question it and she knew eventually her aid would have questions that she was not sure how she would answer.

We could leave the land and business to him when we have to move on.
 
"Just tell him my tale, why I can not allow another close to me. That should settle his mind."

Deacon rubbed thoughtfully over the stubble on his chin,

"What if we return here again? Build up from the start?"

He shook his head,

"We can leave it to him and his family, but on the condition that his family will surrender the buildings and grounds to the persons who bears the right signs with them."

He chuckled,

"From the sound of it, you are giving him quite a few lessons on how to please the ladies."
 
He surprisingly needed little teaching... but yes his family tending and caring for it all till we could return would be good.

She watched him with a smile as she curled up more in the cloak.
 
"You do realize that when we return it will be most likely his children or grand-children?"

He looked over at her, taking a sip from his water skin.
 
Yes and I do believe I know who he wishes those children with. They will be a beautiful pair and run this place well for us in time and far more caring and compassionate than their parents could ever understand

She smiled very proud of her aid and the young lady he holds dear in his heart.
 
He eyed her,

"You mean to tell me that there is another woman that he has in mind while he is with you?"
 
Just because I have explained things to him and guided him does not mean he and I are together in clearly hoe you think we are.

She stood turning to go back in unsure how to feel about his assumptions. Yes she and her young aid had been close but that was none of his affair as he seemed to have no desire or their closeness.
 
"No need to get upset with me Samira, I was not there to know exactly what has happened. It was just an innocent question."

He got to his feet, but his feet slipped on the tiles and he started to slide, throwing himself forward he landed on the edge of the roof, the momentum taking him over the side and he used his footing to push himself away and to land two floors down on the ground with a dull thud. Luckily he had landed on a heap of sand, still there from the building. He lifted the waterskin and took a swig, groaning softly as his back started to align itself again.

"I'm alright!"

He shouted upwards and sat up, dusting his pants.

"Damn."
 
Be more careful Deacon...

She watched him carefully an glanced to see who all had seen this fall. She hurried down seeing that there were those moving near to check on him and clearly glad he did not hit his head. She watched as their servers all tried to check on him.
 
He glared at the people approaching him and they backed away, he stood up and swayed a bit.

"What is in this water?"

One of the servants sidled up nervously,

"That isn't water sir, it's Vodka."

Deacon looked at the bag,

"No wonder I stay thirsty! Fetch me some water."

The servant hurried away and Deacon bowed to the pedestrians,

"Is all well, the gods was merciful."

They of course chuckled and moved away, he shook his head and looked at Samira a grave little smile on his lips. Then he walked inside.
 
Last edited:
Walking in with him she dismissed rather bluntly those servers still trying to win favor by their desire to help him in an effort to take on a roll that was no ones to fill. Walking with him she shot a look rigt back at him.

You can not tell the difference in water and the strange drinks of these people? You must be more careful of we will have to go sooner than we would like.
 
He smiled, groaning softly as more bones slipped into place,

"There was water in the bag, I finished the vodka last night. It comes from the little town we have left a few months ago over in Russia."

The servant brought him another skin and he drank from it, wiping his lips and nodding at her, she moved away.

"The wrap suits you my dear. Very exotic."

He kissed his fingertips and grinned at her,

"I on the other hand need a shave, bath and food. Or else I might get tempted to see how much I can drink before getting drunk."

He winked at her, kissed her cheek and moved to his room.
 
She smiled to him the wrap of a dress that was arranged for her when she was not dancing was strange but at least closer to her own clothing than anything in Russia. She watched him.walk away before turning to the staff and making sure things were ready for the days business. Then she as well slipped back to her room to prepare for the rest of the day.
 
The day went by without any further hitch and the evening was like any other, music and dancing for Deacon and Samira as the people ate and drank. As the days passed as did the weeks, Deacon had learned how to write music and was experimenting with different types of rhythms and beats, sometimes till late in the evenings. He had even met the girl who held Samira's aide's attentions and he had to agree that she was quite a good girl for the steadfast young man.

It was two years after their opening night, when he decided to test one of the new songs he had written. It was just past the tenth hour when he started playing, the beat was new and he was intrigued to see what Samira would make of it.
 
She continued to dance her movements following the strange new music. She glanced to him raising a brow as she twirled past him. She flowed along to the new music as if it were just the same as before.
 
Back
Top