The Alt Glossary!

Do you have an alt or alts here?

  • Yes, and I'll admit to it/them publicly.

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Yes, but I'm not saying.

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • No.

    Votes: 38 76.0%
  • I am one of Dolf's alts.

    Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Dolf is my alt.

    Votes: 7 14.0%

  • Total voters
    50
  • Poll closed .
D

DesEsseintes

Guest
Partly out of sheer curiosity, partly as a genuine service to the new and ignorant, partly in an attempt to contain the thrilling Rob/Query ongoing alt discussion (ha! As if...) and partly because it would be lovely to have some more fake drama here, I thought I would start a thread in which to link alts, previous names, and nicknames, to current posters, voluntarily or not. :D

For example - 4est Gump is AJ.
Busybody=Bunnyslippers.
NeverEnding Me=JeninFlorida.

I think these are uncontroversial, though it would be lovely to have confirmation and details.. But what is the Ann/Bert thing all about? Why is Killswitch Betty? And many more such inside jokes and references, please. Ill-informed speculation welcome, but so is self-outing - hence the poll.

Have at ye!
 
I don't have alts

My names change BASED on FACTS ON THE GROUND:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

and I had many

why you diss my udder names?:confused:
 
betty is called betty after ugly betty.
ugly betty is a series in which a beautiful actress pretends to be an ugly girl who is beautiful on the inside.
it's not an accurate nic, I admit. an average man playing an average woman who is, in both guises, butt ugly on the inside.
but butt ugly betty still suits.
 
Partly out of sheer curiosity, partly as a genuine service to the new and ignorant, partly in an attempt to contain the thrilling Rob/Query ongoing alt discussion (ha! As if...) and partly because it would be lovely to have some more fake drama here, I thought I would start a thread in which to link alts, previous names, and nicknames, to current posters, voluntarily or not. :D

For example - 4est Gump is AJ.
Busybody=Bunnyslippers.
NeverEnding Me=JeninFlorida.

I think these are uncontroversial, though it would be lovely to have confirmation and details.. But what is the Ann/Bert thing all about? Why is Killswitch Betty? And many more such inside jokes and references, please. Ill-informed speculation welcome, but so is self-outing - hence the poll.

Have at ye!

I've had a series on alts, but never anything in parallel except for comedy like Satan and algore. A_J is from my original alt which I had to change because of guys hitting on me. I've had over a dozen alts, but about the time I did Frisco_Slug I humorously offered them to whoever wanted them, partly to stop people from accusing me of being every new alt that came along. Byron jumped at the chance so I changed all of the personal data and passwords and PMed them to him, so they all passed when he did.

Have fun with your thread.
 
I had to vote yes and no because I have alts, but I do not have them.


Dolf is blunt_mama, a true cunt. :rose:


:D
 
I have been a lot of people since about 2001. Mostly lurkers. I have always had a knack for having PMs returned, so that was plenty of interaction.

I have introduced probably half a dozen people from the flesh and blood world to Lit including a couple. 3-4 of those handles I set up and managed until their interest waned. Those are all dormant and I have no idea how to access them.

Queer~Vader was more an identified punching bag then an actual alt.

I have one alt that is fairly seasoned. It had to do with a project of mine. It makes appearances, but rarely. No one has ever suggested that alt is anyone but an individual, distinct persona. One person caught me in a slip once and knows of my association there.

I have one and only one that is clearly someone's alt. but no one has ever suggested even in jest that that alt is mine. Oddly, the same person caught this one in a slip, and is the only person that knows that one is me. Because of some administrative stuff I needed help with, perhaps Laurel could have surmised, but I would tend to doubt it.

Just before the time of Queer~Vader, I had decided to retire query. I started a new persona, and mentioned it at the time to one person on the day I was creating that one. Since then the person that knows of the two above has seen that one interact with the above two.

I have one that no one knows about. That particular one has a particular end game intended and if I ever put it to that use, eventually that will be apparent. So far is is entirely harmless.

All but one of my alts are not, in the least, combative. They tend to be unnoticed. I have walked them all through the GB on occasion. Only one would anyone recognize by name, I would bet. That one is provocative, but if revealed it would be clear that it is far less combative than you would expect.

I watch how I use them, and if I make an error, it is that I neglect to interact with them, usually. They rarely make an appearance together, but they have. Mostly they amount to a creative writing exercise.

And that is the sum total of my alts.
 
Last edited:
Des, I wish you luck on this, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if you find out anything juicy this way.
 
Des, I wish you luck on this, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if you find out anything juicy this way.

Juicy would be the icing on the cake. Mostly I was hoping for fights. But it's all been disappointingly reasonable and helpful so far...
 
There is a difference between an alt, a name-change, and a return from banned.

This thread is kind of needed for the few posters that the vanguard insist on calling by their "old" monikers without regard to how they appear now.

You got three of them above which helps explain to the uninitiated why people refer to "AJ, Bunny, and Jen' often with no explanation of the tie in.

Add to that Disgustipated. Most of the vanguard refer to him as Luk from his days as Lukatmydik (sp?) Took me a while when I was a newbie to suss that out.

Similarly people talk about Skiddles in days of yore as "Nipples" for NipplesMcGee. Oddly they only seem to do it when speaking in the past tense, as his new moniker caught on with them.

Just plain Sean was SeanH at one time as distinct from SeanRenaud.

Byron was Nautius Maximus when I first met him, but I think that was a temporary name-change. Much like vacation forwarding your mail.
 
Byron loved using algore, MarkovCain and Fawkin'Injun.


:cool:


I think there is a list of most all of my alts in Cheyenne's I'm number 11 thread.
 
Be a good name for an Inuit Salsa Band, "The Algore Rhythm Section."
 
Juicy would be the icing on the cake. Mostly I was hoping for fights. But it's all been disappointingly reasonable and helpful so far...



The Great Alt Hunters are probably still recuperating from their Saturday night; they'll be along directly.


In answer to your question, no, no alts here. I'd be too ditzy to ever remember log ins much less be creative enough to keep up with one.
 
No alts. I was SaintPeter for many years. It got changed to Saint Peter during a round of name changes.
 
I don't hide well behind alts.
pinocchio.JPG

Let me count the ways...
 
Not even any random alt accusations? Someone needs to get this party started.

Toubab is query! Saint Peter is a cleverly disguised Saint Joan of Arc!
 
Back
Top