Your Food Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DT_6esEU8AEi5D-.jpg


Breakfast
 
Chicken Mold

Dinner tonight...delicious Chicken Mold by The Man!

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • 674ECFE4-DDBC-461E-913C-07BA23702975.jpg
    674ECFE4-DDBC-461E-913C-07BA23702975.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 0
Lower East side eats and beverages

yum!

(I was full of pasta with veggies and cheese, before I started watching!)

PBS, you evil tease!
 
How is it, that some UK cheeses, and the real Dairy Milk Cadbury chocolates manage to hold onto the flavour of fresh cream and butter ?

The UK savory cheeses that form flavour crystals, still manage to hold onto the dairy freshness.

Is it the American method pasteurization that kills the delicious reminder of the source ?

The main concern of American systems is shelf life. That is where the puke odor creeps in.

bleh
 
Pancakes Day is February 12, if I wish to keep pace with those on the other side of the pond.

We do not have pancake races, that I know of.


February 28, 2017

"...members of Parliament and the House of Lords took on national media in a relay race around a garden along the Thames, just down the street from Big Ben. Wearing white chef's hats and aprons, they flipped pancakes and handed off frying pans in a 10-lap race to raise money for Rehab Group, a health charity that helps people with brain injuries."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesal...ritish-celebrate-pancake-day-with-sweet-races

*sigh* I miss Monty Python. It would be amusing, to see my puffed-up Boston politicos dressed in house-wife drag, in high heels. There are pretty aprons to be had, everywhere.
 
We do not have pancake races, that I know of.
Harry Oliver was an early Hollywood art director (nominated for the very first Oscars) and desert rat. He was hired to create a Wild West Village at the 1936 World's Fair in San Diego. He staged many events, such as the lazy dog contest, prize going to the laziest owner of the laziest dog. (They left the award beside a guy and his dog sleeping under a tree.)

Ah, the pancake ('flapjack') race. The contestants were prospectors and their burros, surrounded by loads of camp gear. The race: each prospector to pack all their gear on their burro, run it 100 yards, stop, unpack, setup camp, start a campfire, and cook a flapjack. The first to persuade his burro to eat it, wins.
 
KATHARINE HEPBURN'S BROWNIE RECIPE:

Ingredients
2 1 ounce squares bittersweet chocolate
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter (plus more for the pan)
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs (unbeaten)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup flour
Directions
Set your oven at 325 degrees
Line a 9x9 inch pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang so you can easily remove the brownies. Grease the parchment with butter.
In small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter and chocolate. Set aside to cool.
To the cooled pan, mix in sugar, eggs, salt, walnuts, vanilla and flour. Stir just to combine, being careful not to over mix.
Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 - 35 minutes.



http://cravingboston.wgbh.org/recipe/20160729/katharine-hepburns-brownies-are-just-iconic-she
 
Time to fire up the jacuzzi. Tri tip's going in for dinner tonight.
 
Last edited:
It was one of those days. Another one, with new meds. Anyway, what we had strength for was a couple of Trader Joe's frozen eggplant parmesans nuked, olives, and cold white bargain wine. Trader Joe's frozen chile relleno wasn't so good. Their orange chicken rocks, though.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top