The Gate of Kelga: The Lost Orb (always open OOC)

Stalzyn

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 18, 2015
Posts
1,914
Explanation about it is given in the thread Time of dragons and magic.
To avoid inconveniences i'm gonna write the storyline here also.
Those who have read the idea in the thread Time of Dragon and magic can still go ahead and post their character bio.
***
The Storyline is up. Everyone is now welcome to join.
 
Last edited:
A legend retold.

A Dragon whose hide was imprenetrable, its size longer than the white bridge of ancient Frilon. This beast could've ruled the world if it wanted to. It could transform into any creature and so took up diplomacy with the nations of the earth. With this aid of this aged beast their was peace in the lands. Even on those far beyond the horizons and those high up above the ground like the floating city of Lukahn.
This Era of global peace was called the Dawn Era and only lasted a century. As in all things, as it is defined in the founding roots of nature. All things must change. The hand of the clock must go down for it to go up again. And so it all went down.
***
Behind the great city of ruins is the dark forest of Ein'drea, where darkness lurks and evil roams about freely, but it was not this forest that changed our world, it was the gate deep inside the forest. The gate of Kelga, door to the other plane of existence. The Underworld.
 
Last edited:
Feeding from the evil essence of the forest, the once sturdy gate started weakening. Its preserving magic now affected by time. Horrors from the land of the dead, creatures only born out ot the worst of nighmares entered our world. It was a catastrophe. The lands were filled with chaos and anarchy.
The nine ancient cities came together called to a meeting by the great dragon himself, his name Odahviing. There, in the ground of Skr'ndor. A teable was set and ten chairs round it. Nine for the nine kings of the nine ancient cities and one large one for the dragon in human form.
There, the first brotherhood was formed. The first quest was created, to create the Orb of light, the only thing that can seal the gate forever, but there was a catch, the Orb can only be created at the gate.
 
Last edited:
Nine creatures came forward, each representing one of the ancient cities. Led by the dragon they journeyed to the city of ruins. Facing monsters and the escaped horrible spirits of hell. They were successful, they created the Orb of light and sealed Kelga, but it was at a cost, a price for stopping the hand of the clock from making its full rounds. Many were lost among the brotherhood, friends were seen splitted into two or pierced by spiky tail. Lovers died in the hands of their love.
"Her lips, a warm glow on mine before she went cold, a smile on her face as she departed from those dark days."
Yet, the real sacrifice was the ancient great dragon Odahviing. He disappeared after the orb was created, some say his heart was used in creating the orb. Others said he sealed himself behind to forever guard the gate.
 
Last edited:
The Warning

Odahviing left a warning though, the orb (which was not bigger than an ostrich's egg) should forever remain on the trident of Aurelion.
THE TRIDENT OF AURELION WITH THE ORB ON IT. THOUGH THE ORB IS BRIGHTER THAN THIS.
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130921201110/runescape/images/5/5d/Penance_trident_detail.png
"Yes, the gate of Kelga has been sealed, and evil has once again retreated to the darkwoods beyond the city of ruins. This shall remain so till the threads of time itself breaks, and this is as long as the Orb of light remain on the trident of Aurelion. This is as long as the Orb Shines. For if its removed, and the Orb's light fades, the veil shall break and this time he'll come. The Keeper of the other side will enter our world, all who breathes, all who lives shall die. For when the orb loses its light evil shall roam free."
 
Last edited:
The Aftermath

Odahviing knowing the nature of mortals won't let them heed to the warning, gave a prophecy. A prophecy that might redeem or condemn them. It was called the second verse.
The Warning which was the first verse was sent in a sealed scroll to all kings. To be read to their people once every month and to be handed down the royal-line like a crown.
The second verse was kept secret. Shared only between a selected few of the nine ancient cities.
Aurelion, who as fate would have it was the only survivor of the quest and was human. He had his trident with the orb on it placed in an underground santuary and built a temple on it.
A second brotherhood was formed at the sacred ground of Skr'ndor. They were called The Guardians. Creatures marked to forever protect the Orb with their lives and lineage.
Years passed, decades flew by and centuries rolled over. Over time the quest and Orb has slowly turned into legends, then to myths, and now just tales to ward of kids from entering the inner temple of Aurelion.
 
Last edited:
Glandur Zhenturim Albus: The Dark Elf

Glandur Zhenturim Albus, a dark elf who was among the Grand Wizards of the 9th Order. The highest Order of wizards comprising of only three members who are greatly proficient in the magic of the nine ancient cities.
Due to Glandur's thirst for the power of the dark arts, he was cast away from the Order. Angered Glandur went to the land of the Orcs and killed their leader, proclaiming himself king.
Glandur also started a coven called the Order of the Xith, filled only with Vaynes. (people who use blood as a catalyst for their magic). Soon Glandur became a terror to the nine ancient cities as his ruthless attack on the smaller cities brought up depressing complain to the nine.
Yet, the dark elf was still not satisfied. His ambition was to take the empty seat of Odahviing. Ultimate King of the nine cities. To do this he'll have to crush the nine cities. Knowing that he'll be facing great oppositions, Glandur seeked an ultimate ally. One behind the sealed gates. The Keeper of the underworld.
 
Last edited:
Legend to be repeated

Glandur attack on the temple of Aurelion was swift and strategic. With an elite army of his called "Ungwale makil." elven for "Swords of torture."
He killed the Guardians at the temple and made away with the Orb of light. Once again history is forced to repeat itself as the gate of Kelga has now weakened.
The first creature to escape from behind the gate into our world was a screeling, a carnivorous grotesque creature whose only way of death was to be hacked into pieces. Funny thing was his body was almost metal-like.
Once again the nine ancient cities has called for a meeting at the sacred ground of Skr'ndoe. Once again a new brotherhood has to be formed as the guardians were no more. They are to find the Glandur and retrieve the Orb back to Aurelion's trident while also battling any escaped creature of the underworld along the way. Whereas the armies of the cities will be camping at the city of ruins, to make sure nothing comes out of from Ein'drea.
 
Last edited:
My Character.

Name: Taujiel Nique
Age: 124
Race: Half-elf Half-human
Class: Mage and scholar
Description: (http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...lafinal.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090901213028) long gold-like hair, emerald eyes, fair complexion and stands 6'2 in height.
History: Taujiel is born of mixed parentage, he's also descended from the line of guardian and so possess the mark of recognition on his chest. Unlike other Guardians who lived in the temple of Aurelion or dwelt in the human city of Falkreath where the orb was located, Taujiel lived in Elfheim. The Ancient Elven city, where he studied to become a mage. And then after became a scholar of history and beastiary.
Abilities: can cast spells and his energy is drained depending on their types and situation involved.
Healing spells----little energy drain
Protection spells----average energy drain
Offensive spells----large energy drain, can even cause blackout or inability to cast spells for a number of days.
Weapon: staff.
 
Last edited:
Idrial
age 100
race. Half/Elf.
class.. Hunter
hight 5ft, 4in
weght 110lbs

Hair long blue black in color braided down her back, her eyes amber in color, an hour glass athletic like figure from using a sword and bow. ears only slightly pointed fair of face, brests slightly larger than a handfull, dressed in studded brown leather ranger armor. A blue hooded cloak hid most of her features as she travled.

She carried a pack upon her horse with other necessary equipment and bed roll at her side were two very large animals. An intellegent Dire Wolf with salt and peppery grey fur, and sky blue eyes.

As well as a larger than ushal red tailed Hawk whos feathers were more white then red tho a few red were mixed in among its chest feathers some at the tips of its wings but mostly its tail feathers were red instead of white, not a brilliant red mind but more a rustic redish color.

She rides a Redbrown horse with black main, her pack and bedroll carried attatched to her saddle along with other items in her saddle bags. she carries a sword, bow and quiver of arrows, as well as a dagger in her boot.

Long ago she rescued a boy named Rhys from a burned out village named Kent and from there met and made sevral friends who banded together to protect the boy.. they had travled to the matriarch and went on a quest putting Dreamweaver to rest once more..

she had fallen in love with O'Bonn a full blooded elven warror, whom she still cared for, and loved greatly but could not wed.. for even if he accepted her his people never would.

Returning to the dragons Keep and Rhys she discovered it had been attacked and Revrend wounded and the Dragon Kind along with Rhys were... and so she continued her quest not only to find her brother but to find Rhys as well for she felt it was her destainy to find the young blade singer and make sure he did not fall into evil hands...

years had passed sence she had bidden O'Bonn and the others fair well but from time to time she sent a message to O'Bonn telling him of her travles and the creatures she came across in the lands she travled but had yet to find her brother.. Rhys was another storie she did not wish to think about for the moment...

She journyed twords a temple she had heard much about in her traveling in hopes that someone there may have some knowladge of her brother as none in the current regon she was in had done so.. it was time to move on the temple was called Aurelion.

Little did she know what she was heading into.
 
Honestly I only gave a dragon description so, and it put the wrong picture.

Physical: (Attachment) (Still wears previous armor) Her eyes are dragon eyes (Similar to snake eyes.) and are a very bright, glowing green. Two black horns on top her head ( like the one horn on her head in the picture.)

Name: Tamaria (in people tongue)

Age: 106 ( 23 in appearance, people)

Race: Human

Class: Dragon shapeshifter.

Status: Will be givin in IC.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 0
Name: Pallox Kindar
Race: Half- Black Dragon, Half human
Age: 200 years old
Appearance: Normal, including armor and weapon
Class: Nightblade - Path of the Bloodied Chain
Background: During a heated battle fifty years before, Pallox took a severe blow to the head. The injury gave him amnesia, causing him to forgot most of his life. Overtime, he regained his magical abilities and fighting skills, but hasn't been able to remember much of his history. He began selling his skills as a mercenary, using the time to try and get some breakthrough in his memories.

He tends to be a loner most of the time, trying to stay away from large crowds of people. He is a bit on the arrogant side and gruff in his attitude around others, until he gets to know them.

I changed his class up a bit to a more uncommon one, but the link to the info about it is there.
 
Name: O'Bonn
Race: High Elf
Age: 237
Hair: white-blonde
Eyes: Amber

He stands a bit over 6ft tall and is lithe and muscular. O'Bonn is an expert with the bow and one-handed sword. He also is adept in elemental magic.

O'Bonn is he son of M'Ruhn, king of the Great Northern Lands. The Northlands, as they are known, lie beyond the Odai Pass and are a series of fertile and lush valleys surrounded by the Feral Mountains. O'Bonn commands the king's royal guard, who, despite their title, do not actually guard the king that much. The royal guard are battle mages. Each commands a particular regiment, battalion, or legion of the Army of the North.

As representative for the Northlands O'Bon is currently enroute to the temple of Aurelion via horseback.
 
Last edited:
As representative for the Northlands O'Bon is currently enroute to the temple of Aurelion via horseback.[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to sound like a dictator but this is not times of dragon and magic. Though i won't object to the re-creation of O'Bon and Idrial, i'll insist on some few things.
To make your character profile collaborate with the story.
O'Bon will be from Elfheim. An Ancient city that is in the Northlands. Ofcourse there are more than one city in the Northlands.
 
Last edited:
The story is to begin from the gathering at the sacred ground. The sacred ground is a small field at the middle of our world. It's called Skr'ndor.
So since O'Bon and Idrial are heading to Aurelion in Falkreath. The two old lovers can meet up there then they can be accompanied by the abbot or any other character to Skr'ndor.
 
Last edited:
The Idea is that all the kings of the nine ancient cities are gathered at Skr'ndor along with the kings of cities under their wings to discuss on how to get back the orb.
Though its not that only kings are allowed there, its an open invitations to all people and race.
***
I can't create a map so if someone wants to and just incase we end up starting without one here are some few details to be noted.
 
Last edited:
Sounds good. Do you have the in char forum up yet or waiting a bit longer before beginning? O'bon and idrialla meeting an journeying there together is a good idea. :) will need to know what we see and encounter upon arrival thi. Weather it's during or after the attack on the temple.

Sorry really looking forward to starting lol
 
Sounds good. Do you have the in char forum up yet or waiting a bit longer before beginning? O'bon and idrialla meeting an journeying there together is a good idea. :) will need to know what we see and encounter upon arrival thi. Weather it's during or after the attack on the temple.

Sorry really looking forward to starting lol

I know me too.
Its actually after the attack on the temple. Remember the short intro in Times of dragons and magic, yeah. While the abbot and the general was in the inner chamber, one of you arrived.
Also this is two days after the attack even.
 
I just want to post this little detail to serve temporarily as a guide. I hope it'll help.
****
Our world is divided into nine continents. Some continents are seperated by sea, mountains, forests, desert and one even by air.
 
****
Our world is divided into nine continents. Some continents are seperated by sea, mountains, forests, desert and one even by air.[/QUOTE]
Each continent is ruled by a founding city. Thus we have the name nine ancient cities.
This nine are;
1. ELFHEIM: An elven city in the north. Rules the Northlands. This areas are mainly tropical in nature. With lush valleys, greenery, forests and such.
2. FALKREATH: a human city east of Elfheim and the birthplace of the ancient hero Aurelion. They are in charge of New Easteal
3. DWARVEN: The Great mountain seperates New Easteal from Old Easteal at the far east. Old Easteal is mainly mountainous and rocky lands ruled by the ancient city under the mountain. Dwarven the city of dwarfs.
4. Hipanthros Potta: This city is ruled by centaurs. It's on the other side of the Odai pass. West of the Northlands. It has similar vegetation as Elfheim and so was named Greenlands
 
Last edited:
5. ATLANTIS: Bordered on the west of Greenlands is the great ocean called Garland. At the deep middle is the ancient underwater city called Atlantis. They are in charge of every other underwater city in the Garland.
6. LUKAHN: Above the great Garland ocean is the floating city of Lukahn. She's in charge of the continent of the Skypeople.
7. FRILON: At the otherside of the Garland known as the far west, is the shining white city of Frilon. Ruling over the Coldlands.
***
The Garland also cuts its way into the land keeping the Northlands, Greenlands, New and Old Easteal at one side and this side was named Granseal while the otherside was called Hanseal
(Seriously, i'm out of names)
At the middle of this wide parting river is the large sacred ground. The island of Skr'ndor, the place where the first gathering was held. At the center of our world.
 
Last edited:
8. ORCAEZ: Land of the Orcs, not really a continent as only one city exist there. Its though a large city, almost twice of the Northlands. And it was strictly inhibited by Orcs only.
(Glandur is now in charge of Orcaez) this land is more of marsh and swamp and lacks green vegetation.
9. DIREN: the cursed desert-like land of Paravoka seperates Orcaez from the continent of Beastlands. This continent is both savannah and tropical. It comprises mostly of weres. Werewolves, werecats, were this, were thats. Beastlands is ruled by the ancient city od Diren. A city of Gnolls. This are half-dog half-men. Stands 6'7 or more in height, well muscled, walk like a man, look like a dog.
***
***
During the Dawn Era, (thanks Sly for the name) the continents came together for the purpose of trade and marriage. Thanks to the ancient great dragon. So it is not uncommon to find a centaur in Falkreath or a dwarf in the city of Atlantis.
 
Last edited:
So in short we have this;
Ancient City......Continent
GRANSEAL
1. Elfheim..........................Northlands
2. Falkreath......................New Easteal
3. Dwarven.......................Old Easteal
4. Hipanthros Potta.........Greenlands
FAR WEST
5. Atlantis........................The Garland
6. Lukahn.........................Skypeople
7. Frilon............................Coldlands
HANSEAL
8. Orcaez..........................Orcaez
9. Diren............................Beastlands
**
**
At the far south of the Beastlands is the CIty of ruins. Behind the City of ruins is the Dark forest of Ein'drea where the gate of Kelga, door to the world of thr dead is located.
Your character can be from any of the ancient cities, even if they are of mixed parentage, i fm sure there's a city they call home that they can represent.
I'm not saying two characters can't represent one city. Lol
 
Last edited:
Back
Top