2012 Survivor News & Views: Announcements and Discussions for the Survivorphile

No, I understood your example just fine. Going by box's interpretation, rule six wouldn't apply at all to the theme contest stories in survivor. If the no chapters part applies, then the chain stories rule wouldn't apply to it either. His interpretation was if it was accepted to the theme contest, it would count. So in that case, in your example Laresa's Word Chapter 1 could go in the chain category for scoring. If Chapter 2 got accepted for Valentines day it could go in the Valentines day scoring area, after all, anything accepted for a theme contest would be valid for survivor. Same if Chapter 3 counted for Earth day, chapter 4 for nude day, etc. Chapter 1 would still be able to be in the chain stories category for scoring because it's the only chapter of that chain in said category. That's what I was getting at.

Ahh, okay. I misunderstood, thanks.

Hey,

I have a question regarding the scoring for submissions that are entered into Literotica's special and monthly contests. The short question is this: At what point is a story considered to be submitted into a contest and to officially count towards having been entered into that contest?

The explanation behind this is thus: my submission into the Valentine's Day contest was just approved by the Literotica submissions team but does not yet have the necessary votes to be eligible for the Valentine's Day story contest. However, because I submitted the story to Literotica with the intention of it being eligible for the Valentine's Day contest, does that mean it immediately counts towards the Valentine's Day contest in terms of Survivor score, or does a piece of submitted work only get points if it accrues the necessary number of votes to be eligible to win the contest it is entered into?

If the story must have a certain number of votes in order to be eligible for survivor points (but does not meet the requirement before the contest deadline, i.e., the story isn't eligible to win the competition), can that story still count towards its parent category in terms of survivor points (e.g., if a story is entered in the Erotic Coupling category, but does not meet the criteria to be considered a Valentine's Day contest story, does it still add to the Erotic Coupling cap in the scorecard?)?

Hmm ... I think I lost myself in my own crazy. :p

If that made sense, and anyone can answer, please do!

Thanks for your time. :)

Hey,

I have a question regarding the scoring for submissions that are entered into Literotica's special and monthly contests. The short question is this: At what point is a story considered to be submitted into a contest and to officially count towards having been entered into that contest?

The explanation behind this is thus: my submission into the Valentine's Day contest was just approved by the Literotica submissions team but does not yet have the necessary votes to be eligible for the Valentine's Day story contest. However, because I submitted the story to Literotica with the intention of it being eligible for the Valentine's Day contest, does that mean it immediately counts towards the Valentine's Day contest in terms of Survivor score, or does a piece of submitted work only get points if it accrues the necessary number of votes to be eligible to win the contest it is entered into?

If the story must have a certain number of votes in order to be eligible for survivor points (but does not meet the requirement before the contest deadline, i.e., the story isn't eligible to win the competition), can that story still count towards its parent category in terms of survivor points (e.g., if a story is entered in the Erotic Coupling category, but does not meet the criteria to be considered a Valentine's Day contest story, does it still add to the Erotic Coupling cap in the scorecard?)?

Hmm ... I think I lost myself in my own crazy. :p

If that made sense, and anyone can answer, please do!

Thanks for your time. :)

It does make sense, and it is a reasonable question. Once a story has been accepted as an entry in a theme contest, it can be listed on your scoreboard and points can be added to your score. It doesn't matter how many votes you get on that story. To win the theme contest, it needs at least 25 votes, but that is sometimes a stretch for a new author writing in one of the less popular categories.

You can't count a story as both a theme contest entry and in its category and, if it is counted as a theme contest entry, it cannot also be counted toward a category cap.

Good luck in the contest. :)

It does make sense, and it is a reasonable question. Once a story has been accepted as an entry in a theme contest, it can be listed on your scoreboard and points can be added to your score. It doesn't matter how many votes you get on that story. To win the theme contest, it needs at least 25 votes, but that is sometimes a stretch for a new author writing in one of the less popular categories.

You can't count a story as both a theme contest entry and in its category and, if it is counted as a theme contest entry, it cannot also be counted toward a category cap.

Good luck in the contest. :)

Ah, great! :D

Thanks for the quick reply!

So ... me again. :)

I was reviewing the rules for multi-chaptered stories and I have a question about them. Are you allowed to use a chapter from a story, so long as no other chapters from that series are used for points throughout any of the categories?

I ask because I have a story I've written that could standalone on its own, but I might like to also revisit it in the future. If I added a sequel to it in the next year, while the contest is still ongoing, would that immediately disqualify it from counting towards my cumulative points?

As always, thanks for any and all help. :)

I was reviewing the rules for multi-chaptered stories and I have a question about them. Are you allowed to use a chapter from a story, so long as no other chapters from that series are used for points throughout any of the categories?

I ask because I have a story I've written that could standalone on its own, but I might like to also revisit it in the future. If I added a sequel to it in the next year, while the contest is still ongoing, would that immediately disqualify it from counting towards my cumulative points?

Chapter stories were determined this year to only be allowed in the Chain Story category (one chapter per chain) and the Novel/Novella category. No other chapters are allowed in any other categories (however - you will need a mod to answer that last statement in regards to the themed contest entries).

What do folks consider as Transcripts?

For the Letter/Transcripts category I know I could write some "letters" but what are transcripts in the form of erotica?

I understand the definition of transcripts: High school records, court records, etc.

Also - would a Screenplay be considered a transcript?

What do folks consider as Transcripts?

For the Letter/Transcripts category I know I could write some "letters" but what are transcripts in the form of erotica?

I understand the definition of transcripts: High school records, court records, etc.

Also - would a Screenplay be considered a transcript?

Wouldn't a transcript also be the written version of an audio recording?

Wouldn't a transcript also be the written version of an audio recording?

Oh, I did not think of that. If it is, then that would be AWESOME! lol

But, with that being said - - - can I do a transcript of an audio I would submit for the audio category? or is that considered the same story just different genres?

Oh, I did not think of that. If it is, then that would be AWESOME! lol

But, with that being said - - - can I do a transcript of an audio I would submit for the audio category? or is that considered the same story just different genres?

Same story different genre because you have to submit a written copy of your audio to that category for the story to count.

Transcripts could be diary or journal entries, a steamy chat transcript, phone sex transcript, etc.

If you continue the story in any way, it becomes a chapter. Chapters are only allowed in chains (one per) and novels/novellas.

Same story different genre because you have to submit a written copy of your audio to that category for the story to count.

Transcripts could be diary or journal entries, a steamy chat transcript, phone sex transcript, etc.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. :D

I never thought of chat or phone sex transcripts. Thanks very much.

I figure before anyone jumps down my throat I'd post here that I am going to be writing a story that isn't eligible for Survivor - at this time - because I have an immunity claimed for the category. I'm going to list the story in my score card, but not count it as points, nor will I place a link to it, unless by some small miracle I reach cap level one on all 35 categories (Yeah, right). lol

Why list it at all? You may ask -

I really enjoy seeing the work done in one year on one page, that's it. Besides if the miracle happens and I reach the cap, I will be able to remember submissions might be forgotten otherwise. :eek:

:D

OK ANOTHER stupid chapter question...last year I submitted The Arrangement Chap 1 to the Novels and Novellas category. Is it permissible to count Chap 2 in this year's Survivor Contest?

OK ANOTHER stupid chapter question...last year I submitted The Arrangement Chap 1 to the Novels and Novellas category. Is it permissible to count Chap 2 in this year's Survivor Contest?

Yes it is. Novels & Novellas Category is excluded from the chapters rule. You can also include Chapters 3 and 4 and count them. If you fill in all the first caps, you can also count Chapters 5 and 6. :)

I figure before anyone jumps down my throat I'd post here that I am going to be writing a story that isn't eligible for Survivor - at this time - because I have an immunity claimed for the category. I'm going to list the story in my score card, but not count it as points, nor will I place a link to it, unless by some small miracle I reach cap level one on all 35 categories (Yeah, right). lol

Why list it at all? You may ask -

I really enjoy seeing the work done in one year on one page, that's it. Besides if the miracle happens and I reach the cap, I will be able to remember submissions might be forgotten otherwise. :eek:

:D

Good for you. If I keep my New Year's resolution, I will also have entries on my scoresheet that will not be counted. Mostly I'm here to write, and anything else, such as winning contests, is of much less importance. :)

Good for you. If I keep my New Year's resolution, I will also have entries on my scoresheet that will not be counted. Mostly I'm here to write, and anything else, such as winning contests, is of much less importance. :)

I hear you. :D I so love writing. Winning if it happens is fun, but it's not the end all be all.

Chain Story

Crap - I was just reading the submission guidelines for what constitutes a chain story and read the follow:

What is a chain story? How do I start one?

A Chain Story is one in which several (3 or more) authors collaborate to create a story on a specific theme or topic. The first author writes the first chapter of the story according to the theme or topic. The next author reads the previous chapter and picks up where the first author left off, continuing the story as he or she sees fit. And so on, and so on...until the last chapter is completed.

Makes sense to write with two other survivor contestants. And am I correct in guessing to max out the category of three submissions, that means I need to participate in three separate chains.

So - aside from trolling the AH and I guess the Story Ideas forum looking for two writing partners in crime - does anyone else have an idea for how to get this done? I suppose I can change my signature line, too. With the Valentine's Day contest about to end, that frees up some space.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Crap - I was just reading the submission guidelines for what constitutes a chain story and read the follow:

Makes sense to write with two other survivor contestants. And am I correct in guessing to max out the category of three submissions, that means I need to participate in three separate chains.

So - aside from trolling the AH and I guess the Story Ideas forum looking for two writing partners in crime - does anyone else have an idea for how to get this done? I suppose I can change my signature line, too. With the Valentine's Day contest about to end, that frees up some space.

Hey there, Bucky and yes, you're reading it correctly. For Survivor you're going to have to compete in 3 different chains. If you reach all the cap levels than you're looking at going into different chains again and so on.

The first three shouldn't be too hard for you though, and I can offer a suggestion on nabbing the first one right off the bat.

If you go to the chain story thread here for Survivor, you can find a chain called "On the Bus" - that chain is really easy to join and easy to get something into it. The only theme is that the story needs to revolve around the bus - nothing else. If you want to discuss more in depth just click on this link:

https://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=428657

Also, I am going to be starting another chain with TxRad after the V-day contest is over, and it would be something that would work great for Survivor also. This could cover your second story and if you want to start your own chain, I recently wrote this How To: http://www.literotica.com/s/making-the-chain

If you've not noticed. . . I like chain stories. :D lol

Besides what Red said, there is a list of open chains in the stickies at the top of this forum. You can just pick a modern fairy tale or a lustful lyric or something else and write a story from that. If you need some inspiration, there have been plenty of chain stories over the years.

I have an idea for a chain story too, but I really don't feel like trying to get it started while Red has a new one aborning. She'll steal all the good authors *laugh*

I could be useful later on in the year, though.

I have an idea for a chain story too, but I really don't feel like trying to get it started while Red has a new one aborning. She'll steal all the good authors *laugh*

I could be useful later on in the year, though.
Pfft - hardly! lol

You absolutely must start yours! Yours will be outstanding and you'll nab ALL the good authors! Go for it! :D

*back to our regularly scheduled program*

Chain story idea...

Anyone interested in a chain stories idea...Fort Horny. A fictional Southern Army base...each author would write whatever with the setting being the commonality.

Survivor News

Great post.I really like the concept of this post and I feel that this is a very unique.
Thanks a lot for sharing.Keep sharing
such articles in future too.

Got a question on multi chapter stories, that they are not allowed unless they're Novels/Novellas or Chain Stories. My question is that I have a story that is divided into different parts. Each part is a stand alone story, they can be read one at a time as an date/encounter and it would be a complete story or the parts can be read one after the other for more sexual encounters of the same characters. Is this permissible to submit them for Survivor or not?

Back