The Love Affair (Closed)

“Raped?” he repeats, mumbling under his breath as his eyes open wide in surprise… he listens to her continuing to explain her situation, about being withdrawn and about having scars on her neck… he can’t help but smile when she tells him about stabbing the bastards leg…

“I’m sure it’s not too bad…” he says, smiling softly, about her scar, “… and it sounds like he got off worse?” he asks, grinning a little, “Stabbed the guy, huh?” he grins.

“You never talked to someone about all this?” he asks, “Psychiatrist or someone… what about the police, they didn’t find him?” he asks, “Must have been possible, with DNA and such… as you fought back there should’ve been good chances of building a case…” he thinks aloud.

“You survived… you’re a strong person…” he smiles at her, “Don’t let any of that hold you back… it’s a jungle out there, I know from my own career, and you need to be on your toes…” he tells her, “Not trusting just anybody is a good lesson, but you shouldn’t keep to yourself because of it…” he takes his drink and raises it to her, “For getting you to develop that talent I saw earlier… I insist, just some classes…” he smiles, “You don’t have to do a performance at Radio City or anything!” he jokes, smiling at her as he takes a sip of his drink.

“So, tell me your story Eve…” he sighs, “… without hiding behind this wall you’ve build around yourself… we’re going to be spending many hours together and I have to trust you, and trust you to carry out the tasks I set you…” he tells her, still smiling at her but moving into a more boss like mode now.

“First thing first,” he says after a pause, “How did your parents die?”
 
She never told people about this because she did not want pity, for people to see her as a victim and now she had told a man she had just met. And now he was asking her what he did and sighed a little bit "Since he didn't rape me there was nothing to go on, and because it was so dark I could not see his face, all I knew was he had a tattoo of a rose on his hand that is all I could see, and that he was black" She said simply and sipped her drink sighing heavily as she was thinking of that moment.

She did smile however when he made her a toast it was rather sweet to do that for her, and right now she was just satisfied with how everything was going. Now was the time where she would be able to heal slowly. He was right perhaps it was just an excuse to get away from people, one that she used over and over again. But she gently tapped her glass with his as she took another sip, it was sweet how kind he was to her. They knew each other a good eight hours now and he was very generous.

But then when he said he wanted to get to know her as a person, and when he asked how her parents died that hit home very hard. Looking at him then down for a moment, running her finger against the rim of her glass. Thinking back to that night which really sucked, she did not ever want to talk about it. But he had the right to know because of the type of work they were doing, and she just nodded a little bit. Something she hated but had to speak about it at least once to the man before her.

"It was on a birthday we were coming home from the opera since I had wanted to see Phantom Of The Opera, we were about five minutes from home when out of the dark a car going 60 mph. Hitting us dead on, front end of the car was crushed and since I was in the back I was the only one that made it. Both of them ended up getting severed, I had to watch my whole world die right before my young eyes." She looked back down as tears began to show in her eyes, it was easy to see she loved her parents very much.
 
Back
Top