Protection (closed)

A couple of hours later, everything is quiet as I wake you with a kiss on the cheek. "Hey, I'm making a sandwich. Do you want one?"

Looking at you, I smile at the surprise that you seem to have now that I'm up and about. "Maria took Molly shopping and Alex called to say he's on his way. I told them I'd fix dinner but they all insisted they would take care of it."
 
"No, thanks, babe . . . but I'll come sit with you in the kitchen. Looks like you are feeling a little better. Some of the pain wearing off?"

Following you into the kitchen, "Nice ass there, sexy lady. your boyfriend know about me?"
 
“Of course my boyfriend knows.” I say, glancing over my shoulder as you look at my ass covered in my fluffy robe. “And he still likes my ass all the same.”

Pulling out a loaf of bread and some ham and cheese, I make a simple sandwich. I’m quiet as I think about what to say to your questions.

“Well, I guess I still hurt all the same.” I say as I smear mayo on the bread. “I just can’t stay in bed any longer. It’ll take time, Alan. I guess I’m just scared above all. I mean…he could have killed me. Then what would have happened to Molly?”
 
"Molly would have been taken care of . . . by me . . . and Maria and Alex. I know all this is going to take time, and I am here for you as long as it takes. We just need to take it a step at a time; and I don't know what all those steps are."

Walking up behind you as you fix your sandwich, I wrap my arms around you and kiss the back of your neck.
 
Turning my head to the side, I press my lips to yours and sigh softly, leaning back against you. “You’ve been so good to me. So have Maria and Alex.”

Letting you hold me for a long moment, I finally pull away with a smile and take my sandwich to the table. “Maria’s cooking dinner. She said she’s making your favorite.” Looking at you with an eyebrow raised, I can’t resist the urge to tease you. “And just what is your favorite?”
 
"You are, babe . . . " Sitting down at the table with a cup of coffee. "Actually, my favorite meal is a beef roast and potatoes. And if it is done right, we won't be having it for dinner, because the proper way to do it is all day in a crock pot."

"So, I'm not sure what she has in mind for tonight." Holding your hand across the table as we relax a bit - just the two of us - before the 5-year old tornado lands again.
 
I laugh softly as you sit down across the table from me. Squeezing your hand as you take it, I enjoy the moment between just the two of us.

“I don’t know what she’s got planned. She seemed so excited though when they were leaving. Even Alex seemed to be in good spirits on the phone.” Rubbing my thumb across the top of you hand, I smile warmly. “Alex and Maria love you so much. I just hope that our family has half as much love as the both do for you.”
 
"Babe, I don't even think about that; I just know I love you very much and I think you know how I feel about Molly."

Hearing a car pull into the driveway, I get up and look out to see that Alex has arrived. Yeah, he is glad to see me, but he hurries past me to see how you are doing, giving you a kiss on the cheek and a hug.
 
Hugging Alex tightly, I can see how concerned he is once he sees the bruises on my face. I can feel his muscles tightening under my arms and know he’s getting angry.

“Alex, there’s nothing to be done now. The man’s in jail and he’s not going to get out for a long time.” I try to soothe him as he looks towards you for confirmation. “Although, I think I’ll have to talk to the DA to make sure that this doesn’t happen again. My ex-husband has proven to be extremely sadistic.”

Sitting Alex down in the spot that I just vacated, I bustle around the kitchen to make sure that he has whatever he needs.

“Gee, Dad, if I’d known I’d be treated like a king, I would have come over sooner!”
 
"Well, don't expect this treatment everytime . . . trust me. And, by the way, next time you will have to bring Becky so Michaela can meet her. Molly talked about her a lot when she got home from her stay with you guys."

Smiling back, "Yeah, I know I'm definitely not ready for kids yet. Molly is a bundle of energy."

Another car pulls in and Maria and Molly come in with plenty of packages from their shopping trip. Molly can't wait to jump in Alex's arms for a hug.
 
“Alex!” Molly exclaims as she sees her new favorite person sitting at the table. Jumping into his arms, she hugs him tightly and instantly starts to talk and chatter about everything that she and Maria did.

“Have a good nap, daddy?” Maria asks, kissing your cheek as she moves towards the counter to unload her goods.

“Alright, Molly and I made a pot roast last night with all the veggies. Just had to stop by my apartment and pick it up.” She announces, looking over her shoulder at you as she hopes to make you happy.
 
"Smells wonderful," recognizing the aroma as you carry dinner into the house. It's getting crowded in the kitchen, so I brab a beer from the fridge and head for the living room and flip on the TV and sit back on the couch. I think you are enjoying being in the kitchen with Maria. Not long after, Alex joins me in the living room, asking how you are doing.

"As well as can be expected; the physical hurt will go away pretty quickly, but these bastards have done a number on her emotionally. I'm just hoping that getting away on the honeymoon will help her get past a lot of that. I haven't talked to her about this yet, but I've been thinking that we might want to look for another place to live."
 
“Wow. A wedding, a honeymoon, a five year old, a possible baby, and a move? You really are losing your mind in your old age, Dad.” Alex insists, a smile on his face as he nudges you with his elbow.

Molly comes hurrying into the living room, standing in front of you impatiently. “Alan, can I have pop with dinner? Mommy said to ask you. Please? I’ve been really good. Please?”

Alex starts to laugh at the look upon her face, the simple wants and needs of a child as she waits for the yes or no that might make her life heaven or hell.
 
"OK, Molly, tonight can be a special night; you can have pop with dinner." Turning back to Alex, "Well, maybe I am, but what a way to go . . . the move, tho, is more because of all that has been going on with Michaela in the last year or so since the divorce. I just have this feeling that she is always going to be looking over her shoulder in this house wondering what will happen next."

"Michaela and I have been talking about a family trip later this spring to Disney. We want to make sure that Molly still feels that she is included in what is going on. We were thinking that maybe you and Becky, and Maria might want to come along . . . probably a 3 or 4 day trip."
 
“I’ll talk to Becky, but I think a vacation would be nice.” Alex mentions as I call you both to dinner.

Molly is bouncing in her seat as Maria serves everyone, a kiss to your cheek as she takes her seat and gives you a smile. We have a nice family dinner, full of laughter and cheer. It’s nice to be around people that care so much about you.

Near the end of the meal, I’m struggling with a headache and the exhaustion that’s threatening to turn me inside out. Sitting there and watching everyone, I smile and try to hide it, especially since Molly is having such a good time.
 
Maybe no one else see's it, but I can see the exhaustion in your eyes; you tried to do do too much today, just being up as long as you were. Excusing myself from the table, I go up to the bedroom and make sure the pillows and everything thing are ready, then come back down to the table where everyone is still talking and having fun.

Standing behind you chair and leaning over to whisper in your ear, "You need to go lie down; if you want, I'll go start running a warm bath." Looking up at everyone else, "It's time for the patient to take a warm bath and get back in bed. Molly, after you help Maria and Alex clean up the kitchen, you can come up and lie down with Mommy for a little while."
 
I nod as you whisper in my ear. Reaching for your hand, I let you lead me upstairs. “I don’t think I need a bath, baby. Just tuck me in and go enjoy your night with Alex and Maria.”

Giving you a smile, I hope that you believe me. Pausing at the side of the bed, I kiss you lovingly, my arms wrapping around your chest.
 
"Sure, love . . . whatever you feel like." Tucking you in, making sure you are comfortable, "I'll let Molly come up to snuggle with you for a few minutes; Maria is planning on staying here tonight so I'm sure she will be able to keep her busy until bedtime."

Back downstairs and Molly wants to run up to see Mommy for a little while, "OK, Molly, but you have to lie real still in bed with her; Mommy has a headache right now." Following her up the stairs, she carefully crawls in bed beside you and lies as still as possible.
 
Maria and Alex are in the living room, talking between one another when you come into the room. Looking at you, Maria smiles and then looks at Alex.

“I talked to a florist while I was out and actually got you guys a really good discount for the flowers that Michaela wanted for the wedding. Alex is going to handle the suits and I’ll get her dress from the store where she bought it.”

She looks very pleased with herself since all the plans are coming together just like they should have all along.

"Did you book the cruise yet, daddy?" She asks, looking at you with a bit of doubt.
 
"Yes, Maria . . . the cruise is booked; upper deck suite with a balcony. Seven days, six nights in the Caribbean. And, no, the reservation does not include any children, of any age."

After a little more questioning from Maria, she is convinced that Alex and I can handle our parts of the wedding and honeymoon preparations. Alex heads up to tell you good-by and leaves to get back to his apartment and Becky. Maria settles into the guest room, planning on being here a couple of days to help with Molly.
 
Lifting my head up off the pillow as I hear you enter the room, I give you a smile and motion to Molly who is passed out on your pillow.

“She could barely keep her eyes open. I think she’s had too much excitement with Maria and Alex.” I say, sitting up with a sigh. “I think everyone’s had too much excitement.”
 
Picking Molly up off our bed, I carry her into her room and, with maria's assistance, get her out of her jeans and sweater and into bed; she stirs just enough to smile at Maria and then drifts off to deep sleep. Maria heads back to the guest room to relax a bit before bed herself.

After a quick trip around the house to make sure everything is locked, I strip down to my boxers and crawl into bed with you, flipping on the TV to watch the late news.
 
Curling up against your side, I sigh and lean my head against your shoulder. “You’re quiet tonight.” I say as I look up towards your face. “What’s on your mind?”

I can see what you can’t say written on your features and I give you a smile. “Babe, I know that I have to go to the precinct and give a statement. I also know that this isn’t just going to go away on its own. I’ve been involved in too many cases like this with the DA to not know the routine.”
 
"I know you know the routine; I was just waiting as long as possible to talk about it. If you feel up to it in the morning, I would like to get it out of the way. Maria is going to stay for a couple of days to help with Molly, so tomorrow might be a good time for us to get out by ourselves and let Maria watch Molly while we are out. They will want you to identify him in a lineup. You know the drill - he can't see you, but you can see him and 3 or 4 other guys they put there with him."

Wrapping my arm around you as you snuggle in against me; not sure I will ever get over the excitement you bring to me just by being close.

Kissing the top of your head as we lie there, the news on the TV in the background.
 
I nod as you describe the routine and I know that it will be difficult, but it’s something that needs to be done and out of the way. Sighing as you kiss the top of my head and hold me close, I tilt my head until our lips are meeting. Kissing you gently, I let you know how much you mean to me.

“If I didn’t know any better, I would say that you’re taking advantage of a sick patient.” I murmur as our kiss breaks and I give you a small smile.
 
Back
Top