Looking for an edge

Panthergirl

Virgin
Joined
Dec 3, 2007
Posts
10
Is there some kind of tool for finding what works someone edited?

I suppose I am being lazy, but the list of volunteer editors is phenomenally overwhelming.

I've written quite a few hundred pages on here. I have very good reviews (most of my material is voted hot) But, I want more readers. I have my faithful few thousand followers, I want a faithful few tens of thousands ;) I suppose it shouldn't insult me, but my ego is like... what are you doing wrong? That guy has over 100,000 reads in one month, you have less than 4,000!

Perhaps not so much an editor (which I do need, I know I have made some slip ups, especially in earlier submissions) but a mentor to help me feed my ego and join me in transcending from writing for experience and accolades to a partnership where we can make some money with our joined talents. I'm not delusional, I know it is a long shot.

I love writing. It's my passion.

Please, take a look at my stories and if you have experience editing or more importantly, marketing an author, I'd really like to work with someone this year. I have a decent idea of what I need to do, the problem is balancing time between my current source of income, writing and marketing.
 
seems to me--as some who does not have a lot of followers--the key to getting followers is linked to production and story. you have the story, if you churned out stories faster i suspect you'd get more followers. However, I have no data to back up this claim.

I enjoy your work!
 
No, there's no tool for finding who has edited what on Literotica. Sometimes ones' editor is mentioned and you might be aware of that when you read stories here you like. Also there is a most helpful editor category in the (sometimes) annual "best of" contest in the awards section. You might check those for editors being nominated in the genre areas you write.
 
You are eager for more readers, but you don't have a link to your stories either here or on your profile page?

Edit your signature, and be more active on the forum, for example the story feedback section.
 
Thank you!

(testing to see if I have a viable signature now)

Appreciate the advice and ... I like your work too perv!

-Jessica
 
I suppose it shouldn't insult me, but my ego is like... what are you doing wrong? That guy has over 100,000 reads in one month, you have less than 4,000!

Is that guy posting in the same category? Category makes a huge difference to views.
 
On the head

Yes, Bramblethorn and Electricblue66, I received a few pms to the same conclusion. I didn't realize it was that huge of an audience difference between categories, thank you! makes my ego feel warm and fuzzy again.
 
I concur

I read a few of your stories, like the HOT category says, they are very good. They are also VERY LONG and have gaps inbetween publishing times (please don't take me advice as anything official, just what struck me right of the bat.) I'm the kind of person who doesn't really have a lot of dedicated time I can sit down and read, I tend to stear clear of the really long stories because I usually just end up losing my place. So you might get some mileage inbetwee you're big ones to post more frequently, but shorter stories. Maybe even holding off the big ones for real publishing and letting people buy those as books.

Also like others said even within one big story you're posting in several different genres, which will cause your stories to show up to varying groups of people, who may not want to go back and start the whole story from scratch. I recommend generally putting a story all into one category like 'lesbian' or 'bdsm' but not both, and then just use the TAG feature for the rest of the descriptors.

Hope that helps!!!!
-J
 
Back
Top