Free Association Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mind is truly a strange thing. Even though I haven't been in a darkroom in almost 45 years, all this talk of film and speeds has triggered the memory of the very real smell of D-76 developer sloshing around in a confined area.

I guess it's kind of like the first time your nostrils are attacked by liver & onions or the unique aroma of a pig farm...just something the brain files away to be able to forever torture you with.

Your post just gave me a whiff of D-76, JKD - the first in at least 40 years :D

The mind is truly a strange thing. Even though I haven't been in a darkroom in almost 45 years, all this talk of film and speeds has triggered the memory of the very real smell of D-76 developer sloshing around in a confined area.

I guess it's kind of like the first time your nostrils are attacked by liver & onions or the unique aroma of a pig farm...just something the brain files away to be able to forever torture you with.

That sure brings back a lot of memories, Ken.

It rather reminds me of when I went to an airfield. In the hangar were a lot of aircraft (used for training). Telling me to shut my eyes, I was led into the centre of the vast building and told to breathe; I could smell jet fuel, burned jet fuel, hydraulic fluid, and lubricants in vast quantity. Smells I'd not sampled in 30 years or more.
I opened my eyes and found myself in a hangar full of small jet airplanes.
It was wonderful.

Your post just gave me a whiff of D-76, JKD - the first in at least 40 years :D

That sure brings back a lot of memories, Ken.

It rather reminds me of when I went to an airfield. In the hangar were a lot of aircraft (used for training). Telling me to shut my eyes, I was led into the centre of the vast building and told to breathe; I could smell jet fuel, burned jet fuel, hydraulic fluid, and lubricants in vast quantity. Smells I'd not sampled in 30 years or more.
I opened my eyes and found myself in a hangar full of small jet airplanes.
It was wonderful.

And Proust only had the aroma of freshly-baked madeleines to stir his remembrance of things past...

Today is a day for medical treatment; as this involves the local county town, I'll see if there's a suitable comic shop.

It's that or the photography place.

Maybe there's a Classic Comics version, HP. :)

Reminds me of a National Lampoon piece many years ago Cliff's Notes Notes, for those who don't have the time to read the summary. Major works were reduced to one very pithy and apt sentence.

Moby Dick - A whale bites off a man's leg and the man can't forget about it.

Metamorphosis - A man turns into an insect and his family gets upset.

The Bible - God creates man and everything man does gets god angry.

Today is a day for medical treatment; as this involves the local county town, I'll see if there's a suitable comic shop.

It's that or the photography place.

Good luck, HP.

Thank you, Tio.
I'm now the proud (??) wearer of "support socks." Me & the Nurse had a real chuckle about me wearing 'stockings'. My answer was NO in clear tones.
But it seems that I do not require any more damned pills or potions.
Praise the Lord.

Thank you, Tio.
I'm now the proud (??) wearer of "support socks." Me & the Nurse had a real chuckle about me wearing 'stockings'. My answer was NO in clear tones.
But it seems that I do not require any more damned pills or potions.
Praise the Lord.

Good going, HP. Been wearing them for years; great for the circulation. Just think of them as very snug knee socks,

Good going, HP. Been wearing them for years; great for the circulation. Just think of them as very snug knee socks,

It would be great if I could sort out how to put them on. I'm supposed to put emollients on the skin, but this makes it difficult to pull a tight sock overy me foot.
Further inquires are in hand..

I wondered what caused GlaxoSmithKline's shares to tumble? :D

More like Astra/Zeneca, but I get your point. :)

It would be great if I could sort out how to put them on. I'm supposed to put emollients on the skin, but this makes it difficult to pull a tight sock overy me foot.
Further inquires are in hand..

Quite difficult with lotions on the skin, HP. If you didn't get instructions on how to put the damn things on, write me at gmail, and I'll tell you the ways I have for putting them on.

Thankfully, that's pretty much still an "autopilot" thing. The inhalers just give the lungs a little kick start to remind them of their main purpose. :)

It's a good habit to get into. :)

Any tea in the pot, please; it's late and I'm wrapping it all up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back