*♡*♡* What Makes Your Heart Sing? *♡*♡*

There are many.... I have learned to appreciate those little things in life that people are always talking about.

Sunrise over the mountains
Sunset over the ocean
Driving with the top down on a summer day singing loudly with the stereo
Watching my kids grow up into good, responsible adults
The scent of lilacs in the spring
The sound of my name on my beloved's lips
 
The howl and snarl of an old, V6 engined, grand tourer clearing out its lungs along a winding mountain road...
 
Cycling up steep hills... thighs burning, lungs bursting, knowing that it will be worth it when the top is reached...
 
The night sky from a small sailing boat on the open ocean, beyond sight of land and after the moon has set...
 
The companionship of a good dog.

I've been fortunate enough to have had two: Kabloona and Sasha.
 
Roast beef, pork, lamb for Sunday lunch with roast potatoes and parsnips, green beans and cauliflower with white sauce. All doused in a gravy made with the juices of the aforementioned meat of choice... And either horeradish relish or English mustard, apple sauce or mint sauce to suit...
 
Seeing her smile - and it begins a smile that starts in my heart and works its way all over my body.
 
Shower, shaved legs and clean sheets....

the ocean....


watching my children succeed...


someone who can climb my emotional walls...
 
Playing music with friends. Watching the reaction of a crowd when you know they're enjoying it as much as you are.
 
Back
Top