What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another good monthly jobs report.
Another solid day of wingnuts yammering "but...but...U-6!"
 
Another good monthly jobs report.
Another solid day of wingnuts yammering "but...but...U-6!"

You can look at these numbers anyway you like, fact is, there is minimual growth in the corporate world....mainly small biz, arent they the drivers of jobs? They arent expanding, giving back space, laying off workers, making due with less....
 
tumblr_m3equoVobZ1qfze3l.jpg



And she is putting on lotion.....
 
Even the NY Slime

says Obamacare KILLS JOBS



A Surge in Part-Time Workers

By ANNIE LOWREY


The June jobs report saw a surge in part-time workers, and the health care law that starts coming into full effect next year might be in part responsible. The number of part-time workers for economic reasons climbed to 8.2 million in June from 7.6 million in March.

The economist Casey B. Mulligan ran through the numbers on this blog earlier in the week. The Affordable Care Act gives employers an incentive to hire part-time workers rather than full-time workers, as they might be compelled to offer health coverage to the latter, but not the former. That’s why a number of big employers have started offering more temporary or part-time positions.

It also makes part-time jobs more attractive for workers. Say you currently have a 20-hour-a-week job with no health coverage, and that you cannot afford to buy insurance on the private market. Soon, the government will start offering you generous subsidies to buy a plan on the new health care “exchanges” – meaning, provided your income is low enough, you get an expensive benefit with taxpayers picking up most of the tab.

Granted, the Obama administration announced this week that it is delaying for one year a rule requiring big employers to cover their full-time workers or pay a penalty – that might also delay some of the shift from full-time to part-time work.
 
Im sure Obama mangina lickers have a great reason for this

Im gonna take everyone off IGGY just so I can see

:DObama Tapes Thank You Video To Librarians For Agreeing To Sell Obamacare, White House Bans Public From Seeing It…




Top secret?

Via Washington Examiner:


White House officials vetoed all public airing of a video of President Obama thanking the American Library Association Sunday for helping inform the public about Obamacare.

“We were specifically told by the White House to only show it [the video] once to conference attendees, and [the] White House said we aren’t able to send it out,” Jazzy Wright, Press Officer for ALA’s Washington, D.C. office, told the Washington Examiner.

The ALA, which is a tax-exempt 501(C)(3) foundation, agreed last weekend during its annual meeting in Chicago to help the president get the word out about Obamacare.

As a result of the partnership between Obama and the group, librarians across the country will be “navigators” handing out White House-approved information about the new government health insurance program.

In the video, the chief executive thanked conference attendees “for helping enroll for health insurance as part of the Affordable Care Act,” according to the ALA’s blog.
 
Still waiting

Why the secrecy?

Nothing a President should be secret, especially some useless thing like this
 
Only 47% of adults have full time jobs. Thanks Mr. President.


Just to be clear, in this statistic you're blaming Obama for things like retired baby boomers not having jobs, correct? In fact you're blaming Obama for you not having a job, right?
 
Last edited:
Only 47% of adults have full time jobs. Thanks Mr. President.

I pulled some numbers from bls.gov in order to look at the overall trend.


147 million labor force, June 2003, 4.6 million PT for economic reasons , 3.2%

157 million, November 2008, 7.4 million PT for economic reasons, 4.7%

155 million, June 2009, 8.0 million PT for economic reasons, 5.1%

154 million, March 2010, 9.1 million PT for economic reasons, 5.9%

OBAMACARE PASSED

154 million June 2010, 8.6 million PT for economic reasons, 5.6%

153 million June 2011, 8.6 million PT for economic reasons, 5.6%

155 million June 2012, 8.3 million PT for economic reasons, 5.3%

OBAMACARE UPHELD BY SCOTUS

156 million June 2013, 8.2 million PT for economic reasons, 5.2%



This looks to me like people are working PT because of the recession. In fact the statistics are saying that since Obamacare passed the potion of Americans working PT for economic reasons has dropped .7%, not because of it but because it's a characteristic of a slow economic recovery.
 
Last edited:
I pulled some numbers from bls.gov in order to look at the overall trend.






This looks to me like people are working PT because of the recession. In fact the statistics are saying that since Obamacare passed the potion of Americans working PT for economic reasons has dropped .7%, not because of it but because it's a characteristic of a slow economic recovery.

when this TRAIN WRECK was first proposed

We all said THIS WOULD HAPPEN

It is happening

No REPUTABLE economist says otherwise....that's ONE reason mandate was postponed.....when BLS cites for ECONOMIC REASONS....that's what it means
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top