House Votes Down Trump Impeachment Resolution

FGB

Literotica Guru
SORRY Charlie...:D

https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-votes-down-trump-impeachment-221652784.html

Matt Fuller,HuffPost 5 hours ago

WASHINGTON ― Fifty-eight House Democrats voted to advance the impeachment of President Donald Trump on Wednesday, in direct defiance of the pleas of House Democratic leaders earlier in the day.

A vote to table the impeachment resolution was agreed to 368-58, with four Democrats voting just “present” and 126 other Democrats voting with Republicans to kill the resolution.

It may seem like this was an overwhelming confirmation of Trump ― and it was, in the sense that no Republican voted to advance impeachment and more than two-thirds of Democrats joined their GOP colleagues ― but 58 Democratic votes is still a significant statement on impeachment.

No matter how bad Trump is....and he IS a piss-poor president..."President Pence" would be far, far worse for America.

yeah, i don't think anyone actually thought this vote would mean anything, but keep on gloating, traitor.

yeah, i don't think anyone actually thought this vote would mean anything, but keep on gloating, traitor.

I think the trouble is that he has to do something that meets the requirements... just wanting him impeached because of dislike cannot legally be done...I don't think, else Obama would never had made six months.

Even Bill had to lie under oath and even then he wasn't removed from office so good luck with that.

How many times did the GOP vote to repeal the ACA and now that they have the House, Senate and the WH they can't get it done? LOL - TOOLS!

This is the first of several impeach-Trump efforts and I am sure and it won't take 70 impotent votes. The first vote after the seating of the 116th United States Congress will do it.

How many times did the GOP vote to repeal the ACA and now that they have the House, Senate and the WH they can't get it done? LOL - TOOLS!

This is the first of several impeach-Trump efforts and I am sure and it won't take 70 impotent votes. The first vote after the seating of the 116th United States Congress will do it.

Dude.

Hillary lost...it will be OK. Just accept it. After another term you may come to learn some tolerance...

(Snicker!)

I think the trouble is that he has to do something that meets the requirements...

The only requirement is having the votes. I agree that's a problem, but folks don't seem to understand that all you need is the votes.

Dream on. Even Pelosi was against it, only the extreme left, the party's lowest IQs voted for it.

This is what happens when lazy millennials take voting for granted. Disappointed in my generation.

Dream on. Even Pelosi was against it, only the extreme left, the party's lowest IQs voted for it.

So, your position is that Pelosi opposes the impeachment of the president? Interesting.

You're one of the ones who thinks Flynn can't/maybe won't be indicted with any other crimes too, aren't you?

:rolleyes:

No matter how bad Trump is....and he IS a piss-poor president..."President Pence" would be far, far worse for America.

That should be your wake up screen of your smartphone.

This is what happens when lazy millennials take voting for granted. Disappointed in my generation.

Don't worry in a decade Millennials will be a force in politics, they might even run the country or what's left of it . The last administration feasted on the deficit, Trump has been left the desert course. The Millennials are going to get stuck with the check.

If you think that's bad, Australia has mandatory voting because when the first election was held, so few people actually voted that the government was worried that they would have to remove it all together. The only way to get people to vote was to make it illegal not to.

The only requirement is having the votes. I agree that's a problem, but folks don't seem to understand that all you need is the votes.

No, you have to have the votes and overwhelming public support. Right now its probably about the same as the election. Those like you that think Hillary would have been at wonderful choice would be glad, those that support Trump would consider it a coup if there was not a reason supported overwhelmingly by the public.

"Impeach Foaty Fie! Impeach Foaty Fie! Impeach Foaty Fie!"

Last edited:
No, you have to have the votes and overwhelming public support.

With what just went down with the tax bill, why in the hell do you think Congress requires overwhelming public support to do anything? :rolleyes:

I already knew you weren't very bright, but . . .

Pelosi's argument was "too soon - don't distract from the fucking immoral so-called Tax Bill. Bide your time".

And for the record the calendar is controlled by the Speaker. So WonderBoy allowed the vote.

Here are the 58 Heros.

Adams
Barragán
Bass
Beatty
Brady (PA)
Capuano
Clark (MA)
Clarke (NY)
Clay
Clyburn
Cohen
Davis, Danny
DeSaulnier
Doggett
Ellison
Engel
Espaillat
Evans
Frankel (FL)
Fudge
Gomez
Green, Al
Grijalva
Hastings
Higgins (NY)
Huffman
Jackson Lee
Jayapal
Kelly (IL)
Lawrence
Lee
Lewis (GA)
Lieu, Ted
McCollum
McGovern
McNerney
Moore
Moulton
Napolitano
Norcross
Pallone
Pascrell
Pingree
Polis
Raskin
Richmond
Rush
Schakowsky
Sherman
Slaughter
Thompson (MS)
Titus
Vargas
Vela
Walz
Waters, Maxine
Watson Coleman
Wilson (FL)

And as an interesting side note:

In both the Senate and House, Democrats were significantly smarter than Republicans when looking at just the top 1%, and more likely to attend an “elite school.” Specifically Harvard. Among Democrats, 15.1% of Senators and 12.4% of House members attended Harvard. Among Republicans these percentages were 8.9% and 1.3%, respectively.

Research has indicated that individuals who are politically liberal are more likely to have higher ability than those who are politically conservative in America (Kanazawa, 2010) and Britain (Deary, Batty, & Gale, 2008). However, this finding pertained to voters rather than political leaders those people had elected. This study demonstrates that in America, Democrats are more likely than Republicans to have a higher percentage of Senate and House members in the top 1% of cognitive ability and Democrats had a higher ability and education level, on average, than Republicans.

And even better I know you will love this:
Why Liberals and Atheists Are More Intelligent

SORRY Charlie...:D

https://www.yahoo.com/news/house-votes-down-trump-impeachment-221652784.html

Matt Fuller,HuffPost 5 hours ago

WASHINGTON ― Fifty-eight House Democrats voted to advance the impeachment of President Donald Trump on Wednesday, in direct defiance of the pleas of House Democratic leaders earlier in the day.

A vote to table the impeachment resolution was agreed to 368-58, with four Democrats voting just “present” and 126 other Democrats voting with Republicans to kill the resolution.

It may seem like this was an overwhelming confirmation of Trump ― and it was, in the sense that no Republican voted to advance impeachment and more than two-thirds of Democrats joined their GOP colleagues ― but 58 Democratic votes is still a significant statement on impeachment.

Sorry dude but this is a long way from "...a confirmation of Trump..." What you're seeing here is the mirror image of the congressional tea party yahoos voting to repel the ACA even though they knew it wouldn't work and they didn't have half the votes they needed.

The Democrats who didn't vote for this know it isn't the appropriate time for it. They are sensible, unlike the extreme left and their counterparts across the aisle. It was a stupid move for the fringe left and didn't accomplish anything except to give those on the right something to crow about, which they have been in dire need of.

Comshaw

It was just a shot across the bow, to irritate. This is a process, a death by a hundred cuts.

We'll see what happens if Mueller releases the Pee Pee Tapes.

I mean, other than right wingers masturbating furiously.

Enough. Clearly. They just did. Do you enjoy looking out of touch and stupid? The mandate was the last thing holding all together and under the cover of reconciliation, that will survive because no one will ever be held accountable. You need new talking points.

It was just a shot across the bow, to irritate. This is a process, a death by a hundred cuts.

No, it was an exercise in impotence from those whom are still shell-shocked at the rejection of the people over their hand-picked (and criminal) choice for President. They also picked the guy they wanted to run against her, the first woman President, confident that a clown could not defeat a criminal and then when it looked like they could take him down via a sex-scandle, it only reminded the people of her husband's sexual predation just as the the attempt to paint Moore as a sexual predator turned into a TIME person of a year as the woman who outed the male Hierarchy of the Left as a gang of serial sexual predators (of to whom which age mattered not).

The title of this thread says it was voted down.

The text of the op says the motion was tabled.

Voted down, or tabled?

Huge difference, yes?

Back