Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
EJFan said:
OH! i know this one!

because the person you spoke to is a complete and utter moron.

fwiw, i went through the same thing with office depot regarding a rebate for some software. what a disaster that was... the runaround i got (and was expecting) wasn't just beaurocracy, it was stupidity... they kept referring me to phone numbers that went to businesses that had nothing to do with the damned software or its rebate.
Now on the phone for round 2... :rolleyes:

midwestyankee said:
On hold....The Ring of the Niebelungen would be more appropriate.
true... the final jeopardy theme is only 30 seconds, right?

if you're on hold you need a good 20 minutes or so of music.

EJFan said:
true... the final jeopardy theme is only 30 seconds, right?

if you're on hold you need a good 20 minutes or so of music.
Two more attempts and now it's time "to escalate." Why do I think I would be wise to clench my ass really tight right about now?

midwestyankee said:
Two more attempts and now it's time "to escalate." Why do I think I would be wise to clench my ass really tight right about now?
better your ass than your teeth... TMJ's a bitch.

good luck. and whatever you do, don't climb any clock towers.

EJFan said:
better your ass than your teeth... TMJ's a bitch.

good luck. and whatever you do, don't climb any clock towers.
Attempts 3 through 11 by the higher-level tech rep have been fruitless. At least he speaks English.

midwestyankee said:
Attempts 3 through 11 by the higher-level tech rep have been fruitless. At least he speaks English.
by the time i get to the 2nd guy, the conversation goes like this:

tech guy: hello. can i help you?

me: yes. who is your supervisor?

TG: mr. x

me: who is HIS supervisor?

TG: ms. y

me: thank you. could i speak with her please?

i don't know if that'll hlep you or not but i habitually skip through two layers of morons once i've gotten no satisfaction from the first two.

GiveawayGirl said:
OMG, BG, this cracked me up. I remember one Thanksgiving morning at 4:00 a.m. I could hear the hub's pager sounding the "I need a new battery" beep...over and over and over again. I got up to look for it three times and couldn't figure out where it was coming from. It nearly drove me mad. Later that day we found it inside one of his shoes. He had stuck inside when he changed his shoes to play b-ball after work and never took it out when he got home. He nearly wore the turkey on his head that year!

Still haven't found it yet, but I can hear it from time to time. "I need a new battery. I need a new battery" May it have a swift sure demise.

bobsgirl said:
Still haven't found it yet, but I can hear it from time to time. "I need a new battery. I need a new battery" May it have a swift sure demise.
Sometimes my hubby would forget to turn off the radio that was attached to his gun belt. Then, after the kids had gone to bed and things were relatively quiet, we'd start hearing voices.

It, too, would start "chirping" once the battery started to go dead, but at least we knew where the noise was coming from. :)

Scalywag said:
I suppose the first few times you heard that it might have seemed kinda creepy.
The first time I ever heard that, it scared the shit out of me! It was almost midnight and we'd just gone to bed, and all of a sudden there are VOICES in our bedroom! :eek:

My hubby had heard it before, obviously, so he thought my reaction was pretty funny.

I just realized today that I've been carrying around my pager at work (it's for work only) and the battery has been dead since last week. I just found the note on my desk reminding me to get more batteries for it today.

EJFan said:
by the time i get to the 2nd guy, the conversation goes like this:

tech guy: hello. can i help you?

me: yes. who is your supervisor?

TG: mr. x

me: who is HIS supervisor?

TG: ms. y

me: thank you. could i speak with her please?

i don't know if that'll hlep you or not but i habitually skip through two layers of morons once i've gotten no satisfaction from the first two.
After a total on-phone time of 5 hours, 43 minutes we determined that there is a fundamental flaw in one of the programs on my phone. The recommendation from the final techie, who was smart, efficient, and funny was to bypass the corrupted program with a bluetooth adapter. I love technology. ;)

midwestyankee said:
After a total on-phone time of 5 hours, 43 minutes we determined that there is a fundamental flaw in one of the programs on my phone. The recommendation from the final techie, who was smart, efficient, and funny was to bypass the corrupted program with a bluetooth adapter. I love technology. ;)
i think there may have been a fundamental flaw in this guy's underlings. glad you got it worked through though. i used to manage a dental office and bluetooth is almost always a problem waiting to happen.

Scalywag said:
when i read your prevois but related posts earlier, you reminded me of that guy in the citibank commerical that can't get through while trying to cook, and sets his broom on fire.

I love that commercial
My broom is still intact, thank you. ;)

I learned long ago to just go with the flow when I need tech support; those people work hard. After all, it's challenging to learn how to sound like you're 23 year old Slim from Amarillo when you grew up in Bangalore.

I don't know about growing up but I wish I was in BANGalore right now. ;)

midwestyankee said:
My broom is still intact, thank you. ;)

I learned long ago to just go with the flow when I need tech support; those people work hard. After all, it's challenging to learn how to sound like you're 23 year old Slim from Amarillo when you grew up in Bangalore.

Scalywag said:
Seems like Ed's really been slackin' off here....must be at least a month since he's posted a new poll...
he hasn't been posting much of anything. he'd better get his fuckin' priorities straight... he can't possibly be thinking that WORK is more important. what is he? some kinda capitalist?

Scalywag said:
I know, you could always count on him to be here. maybe he's on vacation this week.

or he ran out of trout.
THAT'S IT!

he's gone to the fish monger... or out to sea to catch fresh. unless, of course, they're brook trout, in which case he's gone to the sheilds' residence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back